Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Can I ask is that Colm Meaney playing Santa in the Kevin the carrot ad? Never thought I'd ever write that sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They're actually making YouTube unwatchable I find myself using it less and less as it's becoming like American TV.

Save it for Dr Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

They're actually making YouTube unwatchable I find myself using it less and less as it's becoming like American TV.
    Get yourself an adblocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Sparko

Can I ask is that Colm Meaney playing Santa in the Kevin the carrot ad? Never thought I'd ever write that sentence

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

steve-o wrote: »
    Get yourself an adblocker!

I have one, it's the ads that appear midway through a video I'm talking about, can they be stopped with an ad blocker? I'm using adblock plus, any recommendations gratefully received:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Save it for Dr Phil
    God you're so lame, obviously originality isn't your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres 2 amazon ads on that must be American and dubbed for the UK & Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Gamergurll

Ancestry. Com

"Back in the day my family were very naughty boys"

Am I just really immature, I can't stop laughing when he says it 🀭

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Perfume ad with Natalie Portman.
    She roars at some lad, shoves him, throws a bunch of flowers at him. Then she scowls straight into the camera and snarls 'and you? what will you do for love?'
    I tell you what I would do 'love'. I would run away from you as fast as I could, you scary mentallist.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

I have one, it's the ads that appear midway through a video I'm talking about, can they be stopped with an ad blocker? I'm using adblock plus, any recommendations gratefully received:pac:
    I use Adblock in Chrome on my laptop and AdGuard on my phone (I use the browser - not the Youtube app). I never see an ad in Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I won't be held responsible for my actions the next time I see Christmas Lisa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

optogirl wrote: »
    I won't be held responsible for my actions the next time I see Christmas Lisa.

You up for a Strangers on a Train style gig for her and Wrapping Claire ???

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

That awful Dunnes Stores Xmas ad is back... :mad: ... "but what about.... everyone else." ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

AngryLoner wrote: »
    That awful Dunnes Stores Xmas ad is back... :mad: ... "but what about.... everyone else." ...

Every time it comes on my OH responds "Fúck them"

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Seamai wrote: »
    Every time it comes on my OH responds "Fúck them"

Along with half the country*, I'd imagine.

(*the good half)

WaterWipes baby stuff - more black kids than white kids; that “internet matters” ad with the ubiquitous mixed race couple(s) - we’ve gone beyond inclusivity at this point.

I don't believe anyone's sitting around counting the mixed race babies in a water wipes advert.

I don't believe anyone's sitting around counting the mixed race babies in a water wipes advert.

Not deliberately - it’s smacking you in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Shouldn't adverts reflect the population makeup unless you are targeting a specific group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

Wound up by black babies and gay people? There's a thread or two on the current affairs forum where you'll find some like minded people.

• Advertisement

Make Advertising GreatStraight Again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I hate any ad where it's clear they've super-imposed the product into the person's hand. For example, a bag of crisps where the bag is perfectly smooth with no crinkles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

People on social media posting videos of supermarket christmas ads need to get fcuked. Let companies pay for their own adverts that I despise please. Also. It's the 13th of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

This image is on the RTE website, showing the rte 'stars' promoting the books they're putting forward for an award, as well as advertising the RTE book awards.

So, they're saving money with a 2 for 1 advert... but you're telling me they couldn't afford to photograph each one of them actually holding the books?
    Instead, they just photoshopped them all together, then superimposed the books on the image. (And I know they can't all be photographed together, cos of Covid.. but holding a book will not kill anyone).

It's preposterously cheap.

00158412-1600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The Wiltshire farm foods ad on the radio with the stereotypical country Irish mammy who has switched to frozen dinners. The last person in the world who would eat frozen dinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The Wiltshire farm foods ad on the radio with the stereotypical country Irish mammy who has switched to frozen dinners. The last person in the world who would eat frozen dinners!

TV add is simple a sterotypical English Mammy with an Irish Voice Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

The Xmas supervalu advert of the grandson asking will his grandfather call. Vomit inducing cringe is what I'd call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Elmo wrote: »
    TV add is simple a sterotypical English Mammy with an Irish Voice Over.

Did they manage to dub in the part about her listesting to "gaybo on the radio" and "peeling spuds" like the radio ad? She's not a real Irish mammy otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Did they manage to dub in the part about her listesting to "gaybo on the radio" and "peeling spuds" like the radio ad? She's not a real Irish mammy otherwise.

Nothing more tired and worn out than the 'Irish mammy' jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

This image is on the RTE website, showing the rte 'stars' promoting the books they're putting forward for an award, as well as advertising the RTE book awards.

So, they're saving money with a 2 for 1 advert... but you're telling me they couldn't afford to photograph each one of them actually holding the books?
    Instead, they just photoshopped them all together, then superimposed the books on the image. (And I know they can't all be photographed together, cos of Covid.. but holding a book will not kill anyone).

It's preposterously cheap.

00158412-1600.jpg

It's the bosseyedness and weird smoothed out skin that annoys me.

Advertisement