Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

All Christmas ads. Just seen the McDonald's one with the weird animated mother and son. Fuk off with your happy families!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

Has the very weird Tesco mobile ad been given a Christmas update? As said before that is one of the worst ads I've ever seen..brutal!

I just noticed that and came straight here to confirm! They're really doubling down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I generally hate all Christmas adverts but the one with Idris Elba trying to sing is fooking horrendous.
    He is a good actor, very good looking, but fu*k me he cannot sing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I generally hate all Christmas adverts but the one with Idris Elba trying to sing is fooking horrendous.

You'd think he'd have learned from his attempts to sing in CATS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus Christ that Iphone ad with Kevin Bacon... "You've never seen AR like this" then they use a CGI model that looks like something from a 10 year old Playstation game. They even get her to exclaim "Rita Ora!" because nobody would know what it was otherwise.

The Kevin Bacon signs off with "Get the new Iphone and be the envy of everyone." Thats his actual line, millions of Euro spent on the ad and thats the best writing they could come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

You'd think he'd have learned from his attempts to sing in CATS.

Havent seen it, but thanks for the heads up

Havent seen it, but thanks for the heads up

It's one of those movies every critic justly said was awful.

The VFX crew who had to work on that film were overworked to the point of breakdown-90 hour weeks were not uncommon. Sleeping at their desks was very common.
    Then they were blamed for the film flopping, despite the director being a total incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The Ma looks like she is wearing a hospital gown!

Why have they got Eric Cantonas irish passport...?:confused:
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    All Christmas ads. Just seen the McDonald's one with the weird animated mother and son. Fuk off with your happy families!
    Love these brit ads with no sign of a father .....always makes me think the mother's a skank....

The Woodies ad..don't hate it but you'd think lazy bollix Mick would have fixed the gate....
    Lad fixes it so him and his mates can get in quietly later and rob the poor oul one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

[quote="Max Headroom;115381931"

Love these brit ads with no sign of a father .....always makes me think the mother's a skank....
    [/quote]

Yes because an absent father means the mother is a skank. Interesting logic you've employed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"Listen man, would you mind putting on your seatbelt?" in the whiniest voice heard all year. :mad:.

I hate that ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The Ma looks like she is wearing a hospital gown!
    optogirl wrote: »
    Yes because an absent father means the mother is a skank. Interesting logic you've employed there.

Lighten up ffs....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

He’s really demeaning himself with the Sky ads. It really is a long way down from Stringer Bell. How could you Idris ? Surely he’s not that hard up for a gig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

trashcan wrote: »
    He’s really demeaning himself with the Sky ads. It really is a long way down from Stringer Bell. How could you Idris ? Surely he’s not that hard up for a gig ?

It's shameless stuff.

optogirl wrote: »

Automatically assuming every young person is out to rob the elderly wasn't exactly a highlight of their post either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Automatically assuming every young person is out to rob the elderly wasn't exactly a highlight of their post either.

Ah folks it's a rant thread, the poster is entitled to be cynical about it.

As for me, the Late Late Toy Show ad is generally alright actually, but once I see Ryan Tubridy spouting on like the prophet Isaiah it gets my goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

trashcan wrote: »

Hes long since p!ssed away his Wire legacy with a string of terrible ads and appearing in stuff like Cats. Does he turn anything down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Hes long since p!ssed away his Wire legacy with a string of terrible ads and appearing in stuff like Cats. Does he turn anything down?

Luther was immense tho but at least we can stop with the Bond bollocks now!

'We may be 98 percent Irish, but we are WWWONNN HUNDDD-DREDD PERCENT YOOOO-MANNN'...

The advert for Finding Joy shows how absolutely abysmal an actress Amy Huberman is.
    Her projection, her diction... awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

'We may be 98 percent Irish, but we are WWWONNN HUNDDD-DREDD PERCENT YOOOO-MANNN'...

The advert for Finding Joy shows how absolutely abysmal an actress Amy Huberman is.

Does she have compromising pictures of someone high up? She has all the talent of a tea towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

I will say the show made me chuckle once or twice but those spliced clips are terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Just saw the supervalu Christmas ad, didn't know John Gilligan was that young fellas grandad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just saw the supervalu Christmas ad, didn't know John Gilligan was that young fellas grandad

Since it was pointed out on the thread everytime I see the ad now Im thinking that the kid is in danger and someone needs to ring the cops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

in the sequal ad, CAB come to repossess the kids Christmas presents.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Saw the ad properly last night and laughed when the grandad appeared. There is a definite resemblance alright. :D

Since it was mentioned here, that's all I can see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Another gem from Tesco with a Britney Spears song!! On constantly as well

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Elmo wrote: »
    First I have inexplicable dislike of Ryan Tubrity and the reverance that the media and some of the public put on him. I think he's smarmy, egotistical and bored at his job.

Secondly the daily updates on The Toy Show since March is irritating, I know you will tell me I could switch off but he's everywhere!

So it goes without saying I hate their ****ing billy barry ad for the show.

And also the super valu sentimental.

March? You obviously weren’t listening in January or February then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jk23 wrote: »
    Another gem from Tesco with a Britney Spears song!! On constantly as well
    Whats the point in that song choice? Its not relevant to the ad and doesnt add anything, its like they filmed their sh1tty ad then said "how can we increase the cost of making this ad by 8000% in a single stroke for no reason?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Vodafone recycling last years ad, with the Grandad swimming with the magic levitating phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Thought you were serious for a minute :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I wouldn't let Gilligan near a child given what he threatened to do to Veronica Guerin's son.
    The man is amoral.

Advertisement