Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

The ad where a woman opens the fridge to steal her housemate's food and the only thing she's allowed have is lactose free milk from Avonmore.

Why would I buy something that is the only thing people are willing to give to a food thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

That guy on the Avonmore ad before the weather when he opens the door and shouts "Lets get stuck into them".
    Ugh how I hate that guy. Love to punch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I find the Niquitin ad immensely more enjoyable since I hear 'When Madonna came into my life, I knew I had to quit'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

optogirl wrote: »
    I find the Niquitin ad immensely more enjoyable since I hear 'When Madonna came into my life, I knew I had to quit'

OMG I can’t unhear that now lol!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

There's an ad on at the moment on RTÉ for some music programme presented by John Kelly with Lisa O'Neill, is there some joke in there that I'm not in on? Who ever told her that she could sing? She's beyond brutal but the luvvies in Montrose can't get enough of her.
    A real case of the Emperor's New Clothes if there ever was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

McDs or Burger King or somebody have an ad for a gravy burger.

Yes, it looks just as disgusting as it sounds.

McDs or Burger King or somebody have an ad for a gravy burger.

Yes, it looks just as disgusting as it sounds.

KFC - and it’s vile!!!!

Gravy isn’t meant to be cloudy - or put on a burger bun!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

optogirl wrote: »

That ad does my head in, but this made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ads where the people finish each other's sentences, that Micheal O Something or other / Sonia O'Sullivan mash up and that equally annoying Bank Of Ireland ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is he coming daddy, is he really coming?
    Yes son he's really coming
    Enter Grandad, aka Bryan Murray, aka Brooksides Trevor Jordache with murderous intent eyeing up the family and the patio.

ok, so it might not really be Bryan Murray but he looks a bit like him and it makes me smile.

The grandad reminds me of John Gilligan.

I hope CAB don't confiscate the young lad's presents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

:D now THAT would be a good ad!

I'm going to have to look properly next time it's on. I haven't really seen it, but have read about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Seamai wrote: »
    There's an ad on at the moment on RTÉ for some music programme presented by John Kelly with Lisa O'Neill, is there some joke in there that I'm not in on? Who ever told her that she could sing? She's beyond brutal but the luvvies in Montrose can't get enough of her.

This is the country that still calls Damien Dempsey a major 'underrated' talent.

I listened to her murder The Galway Shawl. She has this annoying way of singing with a speech impediment.

Doesn't speak with one-it's rather odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

This is the country that still calls Damien Dempsey a major 'underrated' talent.

I listened to her murder The Galway Shawl. She has this annoying way of singing with a speech impediment.

Doesn't speak with one-it's rather odd.

I've heard more than one person saying that she's channeling Margaret Barry, not too far off the mark but one listen to Margaret Barry and you'll know why she's not exactly on too many peoples radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seamai wrote: »
    John Kelly with Lisa O'Neill, is there some joke in there that I'm not in on? Who ever told her that she could sing? She's beyond brutal but the luvvies in Montrose can't get enough of her.
    Not sure what I saw her on first but I thought the same, shocked. Waiting for a punchline or something, like them to reveal she was a comedian doing a character like Mrs. Doyle.

It reminded me the poor bastards on auditions for x-factor or something, the judges all trying to hold in their sniggering and thinking "ah jaysus, they should not have broadcast that, the poor girl"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

rubadub wrote: »
    Not sure what I saw her on first but I thought the same, shocked. Waiting for a punchline or something, like them to reveal she was a comedian doing a character like Mrs. Doyle.

It reminded me the poor bastards on auditions for x-factor or something, the judges all trying to hold in their sniggering and thinking "ah jaysus, they should not have broadcast that, the poor girl"

So searched to see who she was, got a video for The Works from 2013, and they are doing another show on her in 2020!

She can sing but voice is just odd, she's kind of doing a seanos type thing but not pronounce her Rs, while speaking wise she seems to have no issue with Rs, so the singing voice/accent is put on? perhaps people like it.,

Saw the ad properly last night and laughed when the grandad appeared. There is a definite resemblance alright. :D

The Tesco "Am I on the naughty list" one is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

That "Do you pod?" ad. Jaysus.

The Tesco "Am I on the naughty list" one is a bit much.

It's cringey. It's like they're excusing themselves for being horrible people. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That family around the breakfast table where the dad is looking for a sheet of paper, and the clumsy young daughter spills milk all over the place. They must be some clotty hoors if no one even bats an eyelid and milk being poured all over the kitchen table. The house probably stinks.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    That family around the breakfast table where the dad is looking for a sheet of paper, and the clumsy young daughter spills milk all over the place. They must be some clotty hoors if no one even bats an eyelid and milk being poured all over the kitchen table. The house probably stinks.

I think its been said before on this thread but in any normal house the dad's reaction would be along the lines of "FFS Mary! Thats an important document!", cue the wife to the husband "Shure why did you put it on the kitchen table in the middle of breakfast in the first place, Steven?", huband to the wife "Feck off you cow".

Instead the dad shrugs it off. Not exactly believeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think its been said before on this thread but in any normal house the dad's reaction would be along the lines of "FFS Mary! Thats an important document!", cue the wife to the husband "Shure why did you put it on the kitchen table in the middle of breakfast in the first place, Steven?", huband to the wife "Feck off you cow".

I think that is the better of the Ulster Bank ads, at least its not the I've Got this, incestuous dinner.

Anytime I see the 'GAA' 'this will be a championship like no other'... bullcrap...

They use that bullcrap every year... the 'championship like no other' thing...

It's not like Martians are going to come down to play in the GAA. Now THERE would be a championship like no other.

But I suppose 'All the same' doesn't get the ratings.

Elmo wrote: »
    I think that is the better of the Ulster Bank ads, at least its not the I've Got this, incestuous dinner.

At least it’s not that twat Baz thing for BOI....

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Maybe they are like that couple from Father Ted, as soon as the camera stops rolling they start tearing into one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

And hes sneaking into the gaff when its still dark and everyones in bed, like he was up drinking all night after midnight mass (online). Creepy behaviour and the kids a posh sounding little twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Has the very weird Tesco mobile ad been given a Christmas update? As said before that is one of the worst ads I've ever seen..brutal!

Indeed!

I've given out plenty about it on this thread. The other thing is that the girl is well old enough to know better than to start mopping up milk with a document.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Quazzie wrote: »

The Ma looks like she is wearing a hospital gown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anytime I see the 'GAA' 'this will be a championship like no other'... bullcrap...

They use that bullcrap every year... the 'championship like no other' thing...

It's not like Martians are going to come down to play in the GAA. Now THERE would be a championship like no other.

But I suppose 'All the same' doesn't get the ratings.

"A championship where one of the usual teams unsurprisingly ends up winning" is a bit long winded.

Advertisement