Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This advert popped up late last night. It's less an annoying advert, more a sad one really.

The dude who pops up around the 14 second mark died last year. So kind of sad.

How would anyone even know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

This advert popped up late last night. It's less an annoying advert, more a sad one really.

The dude who pops up around the 14 second mark died last year. So kind of sad.

Who was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭ofcork

Any ad with Eva longoria mostly hair ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

How would anyone even know this?

The band are called 'Walk off the Earth', and they became famous a while back for their cover of Gotye's Somebody that I used to know.

Mostly it became known because they played the song on one guitar, at the same time.

Who was he?

Mikey 'Beard Guy' Taylor, died on the 29th December, 2018. Apparently it was natural causes, and he went in his sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I am sick of mobile network ads.

48 (that's "fordy eighd") with their "dada" that can be swapped or "donaded". And Lycamobil with the 20G of data being a "power punch". I want to punch that girl.

Even GoMo with an ad that's reminiscent of the priests chat line on Fr Ted is preferable.

• Advertisement

The ad for some Broadband provider, forget which, with that goofy looking girl saying " Google, play music" or something like that and prancing around her room then staring slack jawed at some cgi shyte. Whole thing grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

Perf with surf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The promo with Sinead Kennedy for her summer show. Her laugh goes through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Perf with surf

Makes my teeth water every time.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That Just east with snoop dog is grating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The latest supervalu add. A load of dubs shouting at you.
    Painful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

De Bhál wrote: »
    Painful stuff
    Its so repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Painful stuff

Seems trendy to record ads with a phone nowadays. Tacky

Makes my teeth water every time.

It's the dead eyed, psychotic stare she has...

Feel like I need to call Will Graham and ask for his help.

Painful stuff

It's horrendous.

The new samsung/tiktok ad is not far off that tui one

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Painful stuff

Its dreadful stuff, but fitting for Supervalu - crass, rinky-dink and poorly ran, stopped going to them a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

On the perf with surf ad I know its obnoxious, that's beyond question. But have roughly 40% feeling that it's done on purpose that way? Like its kinda playing up that shes a gormless idiot and shed be hamming it up? I don't know to what end but I just have a feeling its intentionally over the top

Its dreadful stuff, but fitting for Supervalu - crass, rinky-dink and poorly ran, stopped going to them a while back

There is a different one just for the new samsung phone on sky. It's head wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I absolutely despise those Ford ads, the ones that come on every ad break.
    It's that ear-busting singing of "Huh....Haa-ay......Haa-aaa-aaa-aaay" that drives me absolutely nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Painful stuff

Its desperate painful ****e especially when they run 2 of them in the same ad break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The ad for some Broadband provider, forget which, with that goofy looking girl saying " Google, play music" or something like that and prancing around her room then staring slack jawed at some cgi shyte. Whole thing grinds my gears.

I've just twigged that she's also 'Turn Round Barbara' in an ad for a diet brownie.

That 48 mobile ad,and that over-exaggerated geeky smart-arsed voiceover that goes with it

Speedsie wrote: »
    I've just twigged that she's also 'Turn Round Barbara' in an ad for a diet brownie.

That’s not the same actress. The Virgin one is in a new Amazon Prime ad I seen over the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

neris wrote: »
    Its desperate painful ****e especially when they run 2 of them in the same ad break
    The second lad who comes on looks like he's been stung by bees the weird red head on him, he looks like anti-Irish propoganda cartoons from 19th century British newspapers.

I don't despise this advert,but I find really really sad.

The ad (obviously it's coronavirus related) that has the elderly woman writing a letter to her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.
    It's really upsetting

I don't despise this advert,but I find really really sad.

The ad (obviously it's coronavirus related) that has the elderly woman writing a letter to her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.
    It's really upsetting

Oh Jesus yeah....

It's heartbreaking. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Iv just noticed this thread is 17 years old ffs and some of those earlier posters are still around.. impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Colgate ad that first has a title say Dramatic Reconstruction!!! And the the voice has a weird way of saying bacteria.

The drug driving ad, fing weird

AIB lost credit card ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An ad on Channel 4 with the most awful murder of The Proclaimers 500 miles.

Advertisement