Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Hardly watch anything live anymore, even sport and I find myself fast forwarding through the ad breaks. Add in Netflix, there's no adds there.

Do people still just have the TV on all day and night permanently tuned to RTE? I stayed with some people last year in the UK. They turned ITV on every evening and just watched whatever was on.
    I'd rather have sharp slivers of wood hammered under my toenails and set alight. Seriously, I'd have been out the door to sleep in the nearest park.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    I really hate VHI ads, they can go and sh1te

I hate the VHI ads, but for different reasons. They suggest that the VHI hand over money to the consultants and private hospitals at the drop of a hat. I'd rather see an ad with a tight-fisted VHI administrator using their purchasing power to haggle for a really, really good deal with the hospitals on my behalf and passing on the savings to me.
    The ad with Dermot Bannon, the little girl doing homework asks her da how many moons Jupiter has.
    I hate it because
    -I don't remember covering any astronomy whatsoever in school
    I did loads of astronomy in third class (8 or 9 I guess) with a teacher who had a big interest in it himself. I remember drawing out the shapes of the major constellations, and I can still pick out a few of them in the night sky.
    Wasnt it mentioned here before that Tubridy is mad to do an RTE Telethon like Gay did back in the day. That ad seems like his pitch to RTE management to let him go ahead, Bryan Tubridy the Charidee King :rolleyes:
    Tubs hammered the 'charidee' drum loudly and frequently over the shutdown all right. Maybe he should have interviewed a few politicians and asked them why such important services are so dependent on charidee instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Deliveroo with people leaping around the place and going crazy over a takeaway, get a life.

The Dr Oetker ad with the couple dancing on the coffee table in their socks. It is one of those crappy old ones with the thin legs and you can see it juddering away, just about to break under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

That virgin media ad with the kids singing a starship song, jesus wept those shrill voices do my head in. I'd love to me the fu*k waffle that thought it was a good idea for an ad and soundly smack them in the teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

That virgin media ad with the kids singing a starship song, jesus wept those shrill voices do my head in. I'd love to me the fu*k waffle that thought it was a good idea for an ad and soundly smack them in the teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Okay who's FAAIIIRSSST...."

I hope I'm not the only who finds the way she says that ridiculously stupid and annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

That "PERF WITH SURF" has to be the most annoying ad in recent years, ill never buy surf again after this, that new Vodafone ad was good at the start but sick of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Very, VERY unusual advert. There's definitely some sort of S&M (CBT maybe) undercurrent.

If this is a prelude to what's to come on the actual programme.... God help us all!!!!

Won't go into details, but comedy's having a metoo moment on twitter...

I'd say many of those signed up for the gig will be bricking themselves on the night its on.

(The 'bricking' thing is in no way a jenga joke, cos Jenga uses blocks, not bricks).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Haven't seen that Jenga, as for the virgin singing kids advert you would think that would be one they wouldn't want on at the moment. People are probably fed up listening to their kids with the lockdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Lost track of the amount of times I have moaned about this series of ads. This new one is just as dreadful. One of the ladies disappears, the other one just walks off. How did they make a tablet out of blocks? Who helped yer man on with those trousers ?
    Tripe.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm noticing more and more ads using horribly cheap looking cgi like this but that's the worst I've seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Sam Hain wrote: »
    RTE does comic relief with a very creepy talking pre ejaculate Jenga. My heart is broken with every aspect of this ad.

That ad made me seek out this thread. I knew ye would have it covered here. It's just awful on every level.

Also the other one with the beans on toast - I don't get it. What am I missing??

• Advertisement

That ad made me seek out this thread. I knew ye would have it covered here. It's just awful on every level.

Also the other one with the beans on toast - I don't get it. What am I missing??

It's meant to be comedy, but its very sinister imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd be fairly tolerant but..

.. the Virgin Media ad with the kids singing Starship is so bad that I actually mute it.

Listen, if they were your kids, I'm sure you find it adorable.. but for the rest of us, their out-of-tune warbling is shudder inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Tim76 wrote: »
    This goes against the whole ethos of the thread, and I might ruffle a few feathers, but I do not despise the new Three advert with the granddad searching for the monster under the bed.

In saying that, given Irish TV has a habit of repeating the sames ads constantly for months on end that may well change.

I now hate this ad. On every bloody break.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Basq wrote: »

.. the Virgin Media ad with the kids singing Starship is so bad that I actually mute it.

Listen, if they were your kids, I'm sure you find it adorable.. but for the rest of us, their out-of-tune warbling is shudder inducing.

Unless your kid is of Aled Jones standard, most children haven't a note in their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

If that Vodafone Dermot Gannon moonier ad and the one eyed monster Three ad don't disappear soon I seriously fear for my mental health or the health of my television. Extreme overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

If that Vodafone Dermot Gannon moonier ad and the one eyed monster Three ad don't disappear soon I seriously fear for my mental health or the health of my television. Extreme overkill

Can you add the wailing kids on the VM ad to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The auto Sergei ads on the UK channels are a bit sinister. A touch of Big Brother and 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

That new game for playstation or whatever, the last of us part 2 (its been on that often that I know what "part" it is). Took me a long time to figure out that the woman isnt actually real in it and shes made out of extremely good graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Three ad is freaky the first time you see it because you think its a dirty old man leering over a child in their bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭eprndrgst

Basq wrote: »

Yes... this has to be the worst add ever. They need to put their kids on mute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Tim76 wrote: »
    I now hate this ad. On every bloody break.

the grandfather has a very raw Meath accent. the child says "Ginormous" i thought this word went out with the 90s along with "Cowabunga" "cool dude" and "talk to the hand"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I quite like the Dermot Gannon "moonier" ad, but does anyone know why it says that Jupiter has 79 moons? I'm pretty sure Jupiter does not have that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I quite like the Dermot Gannon "moonier" ad, but does anyone know why it says that Jupiter has 79 moons? I'm pretty sure Jupiter does not have that many.

According to NASA, Jupiter has 53 confirmed moons and 26 provisional moons, so, sort of 79 I suppose!

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/jupiter/in-depth/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Speedsie wrote: »
    According to NASA, Jupiter has 53 confirmed moons and 26 provisional moons, so, sort of 79 I suppose!

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/jupiter/in-depth/

Up to 79 moons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Well when I was the age of the little girl in the ad, Jupiter had 12 moons.

The other 67 must all be recent alien orbital probes.

Well when I was the age of the little girl in the ad, Jupiter had 12 moons.

The other 67 must all be recent alien orbital probes.

Wasn't until the end of the 2000s when the recession hit that we could no longer afford to keep Pluto as a planet.

Dang shame. An 8 planet solar system is just not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That Three ad is freaky the first time you see it because you think its a dirty old man leering over a child in their bed.

And talking about a one eyed monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It has just dawned on me that the little girl from the "how many moons does Jupiter have" ad is the same girl from the frangipane ad.

Talk about an impressive portfolio of work :D

It has just dawned on me that the little girl from the "how many moons does Jupiter have" ad is the same girl from the frangipane ad.

Talk about an impressive portfolio of work :D

Yep, it's meant to be the same family. The whole Vodafone thing is meant to be a series... but they've stayed with the same family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sabella

Any ad that has some whispy singing clown covering a song, have heard covers of everything from the proclaimers to joy division, sick of it now

Advertisement