Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Any ad that uses mobile phone footage of randomers dancing or excerising. That shyte belongs on tikok or whatever fecking thing is flavour of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Any ad that uses mobile phone footage of randomers dancing or excerising. That shyte belongs on tikok or whatever fecking thing is flavour of the month.

Unfortunately that's what everyone is calling "the new normal" now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

That’s not the same actress. The Virgin one is in a new Amazon Prime ad I seen over the weekend though.

Just looked again, and yep they are just very similar!
    519867.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Iv just noticed this thread is 17 years old ffs and some of those earlier posters are still around.. impressive

17 years of despisal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭lolie

That’s not the same actress. The Virgin one is in a new Amazon Prime ad I seen over the weekend though.

She was in a McDonald's ad a few years ago, pity she wasn't left stuck in the lift.

The Perf Surf ad is painful viewing, i have to switch the channel when it comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The ads are so bad now the logo on my mute button is almost worn away from my Victor Meldrew stabbings...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The Mobile operator 'Three' advert - where the little boy is scared in bed because of monsters hiding under it and his Grandad takes a look while talking to him via a tablet device.

I did think it was cute at first, but I have seen it so often now, that I really wish 'the ginormous green slimey one' would just jump out and eat him. Just to get it over with :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ger Roe wrote: »
    The Mobile operator 'Three' advert - where the little boy is scared in bed because of monsters hiding under it and his Grandad takes a look while talking to him via a tablet device.

I did think it was cute at first, but I have seen it so often now, that I really wish 'the ginormous green slimey one' would just jump out and eat him. Just to get it over with :eek:

Yes, their marketing people should test how it stands up to being viewed hundreds of times by the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The "One sh*t does Plenty" is back on again. They really need to change the slogan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Why is every grandfather made to look like captain birds eye? Does my brain in..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That Virgin Media ad with the kids singing that irritating song seems to have stopped running this week, thanks be to jaysus, hopefully they are not working on a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Miri5

jonnny68 wrote: »
    That "PERF WITH SURF" has to be the most annoying ad in recent years, ill never buy surf again after this, that new Vodafone ad was good at the start but sick of it now.

You got there before me about the Surf ad. I HATE it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

De Bhál wrote: »
    The latest supervalu add. A load of dubs shouting at you.
    Painful stuff
    Thargor wrote: »
    Its so repulsive.

Have to agree that the Supervalu advert is just pure embarrassing and amatuer... It seems to have been recorded using an old iPhone with Snapchat filters and i'd say the "actors" in it probably work in the Supermarket...

Not sure which is more cringe, yer one putting the stuff into the back of the car and snapping her sunglasses down shouting "Oh Yea!" or the hard faced red beard lad.. I put it on mute and imagine he's saying "dya want to buy dees buns so i can buy me drugggss" Or can yee spare some change for me bus fare.... :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The way the grandad looks left and right with his head instead of the kid turning the tablet left and right drives me spare now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tim76 wrote: »
    17 years of despisal :D

17 years of hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

This ad, melts my brain and makes my ears bleed almost, fupping dreadful racket, one of the worst ads of the year

"Forever I've been praying for a snack in my life, and now I have a brownie ending all of my strife,"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I do like and smile at the old, but regurgitated, Guinness ad with the "Martin, have you ever been to San Jose?", his reply, " Sure that's the back of beyond!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

neris wrote: »
    Its desperate painful ****e especially when they run 2 of them in the same ad break

God this Supervalu ad makes my head hurt!
    And you're right, twice in the same break is awful.

Watched a film the other night, had the standard three ad breaks. And every break it was this ad x 2.

So 6 times I had to mute the Tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

When she makes the sunglasses tip off her forehead to her eyes, saying Oh yeah. God almighty, the cringe of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Their ads seem to be all over the place lately with no central theme running through them, apart from that stupid jingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

taylors coffee bags, why didnt they think of that before ? they fupping did my mum used to buy them in the 70s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

Hey google, play some generic ad music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

All the shouty ads, I'm not dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

madmaggie wrote: »
    All the shouty ads, I'm not dead.

Or deaf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

FORTY eight..its FORTY eight......not FORDY eight.....fcuking yank accents everywhere....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sean Bean roaring his head off and brandishing a sword at co-workers. Call the police. And he tells them the date and time of the next fire alarm, fire alarms are supposed to be a suprise, Bean you muppet.

The piss-poor Peter Kaye clone who does the plusnet ads for decades it sems like. Go away you Yorkshire fool.

The ad that repeats 'long lasting battery life' ad nauseum over a horrible piece of music.
    The tiktok ad also has a painful version of Mr Sandman.

They have miserified Steppenwolf's Born to be wild on some ad :(. Will all these clinically depressed young female singers please get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's sad to see more and more reputable charities turn to LikeCharitys underhanded chugging scheme of a TV appeal. "As little as €4 will help....." Text ______ to 57xxx to donate now.
    €4 will not be taken from your phone account and you will receive a phone call looking for your bank details to set up a continuous direct debit mandate.
    I'm surprised they still think this is a good idea considering the amount of unsolicited phone calls from scammers looking for credit card and bank details.

Ads for Udemy courses / University College Dublin Courses on YouTube. 98% of all YouTube adverts I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The ad that repeats 'long lasting battery life' ad nauseum over a horrible piece of music.
    The tiktok ad also has a painful version of Mr Sandman.

They have miserified Steppenwolf's Born to be wild on some ad :(. Will all these clinically depressed young female singers please get lost.

They absolutely kill me. Everybody Wants to Rule the World is one of the most uplifting pop songs of my life or anyone’s life to be pissed on by some misery bags is a crime.

• Advertisement

The way the grandad looks left and right with his head instead of the kid turning the tablet left and right drives me spare now!
    You are right, so annoying. Granda would be looking to the left and right of his own room when he does that. First I thought he might be doing in tp humour the young fella, but then I realised the young fella can't even see him.

Advertisement