Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Robinsons ad with an irritating brat of a young girl who bears more than a passing physical resemblance to Greta Thunberg lecturing a roomful of adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The whole current series with that poor'man's Ed Harris but especially the latest one "Free means free". The (intentionally) nauseating music at the start, not much improved when they "fix"it.

It might just be me but it actually turns my stomach when it comes on and I have to switch channel/mute. I hate all that series of ads but that one the most.

The whole current series with that poor'man's Ed Harris but especially the latest one "Free means free". The (intentionally) nauseating music at the start, not much improved when they "fix"it.

It might just be me but it actually turns my stomach when it comes on and I have to switch channel/mute. I hate all that series of ads but that one the most.

Jaysus, had intended to post that one but couldn't remember what it was for. Hate it for same reason you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That Money supermarket one with the bull is bloody weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Robinsons ad with an irritating brat of a young girl who bears more than a passing physical resemblance to Greta Thunberg lecturing a roomful of adults.
    Oh... what you ordering?

This one is worse, the little boy weirds me out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A one off (hopefully), the Late Late friggin Toy Show compilation in JULY. The "best" bits of Tubbers losing any dignity he's got left in front of the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The Avonmore idents pre/post weather forecasts.

I generally hate them (although the one with the ma making a sambo is ok as she's cute) but they've fooked up now.

They are actually re-running the one with the people on holidays sitting at the pool in the sun, sending a selfie to their daughter gloating that the weather is sh!te at home.

Who thought that would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Beat me to it. Totally stupid timing.

I'd forgotten this awful one to add to the equally annoying ones of the useless kids football team and your wan with the lubberly hairdo fecked up by the wind.

The axa ad where the father is teaching the son how to be a goalie with a load of pointless exercises. If you want to improve his skills put him in goal and take penalties against him don't make up all these stupid exercises like rolling a load of footballs down a hill at him.
    Also the da looks quite dodgy, like a hippie terrorist from the Weathermen or a spaced-out Vietnam vet. Why did they pick him? He is one of the most un-dad looking people going.

Also the son is tiny, why did they put him in goal in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭Dickie10

makes a cracking save all the same though, perhaps man utd might contact the dad get him to work with david "Grobballer" dde Hea

• Advertisement

I generally hate them (although the one with the ma making a sambo is ok as she's cute) but they've fooked up now.

They are actually re-running the one with the people on holidays sitting at the pool in the sun, sending a selfie to their daughter gloating that the weather is sh!te at home.

I hate those, that awful song with the whistling. I miss the idents from when Telecom Eireann sponsored the weather in the 90's, loved those ones with the frog etc, they were short and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The axa ad where the father is teaching the son how to be a goalie with a load of pointless exercises. If you want to improve his skills put him in goal and take penalties against him don't make up all these stupid exercises like rolling a load of footballs down a hill at him.
    Also the da looks quite dodgy, like a hippie terrorist from the Weathermen or a spaced-out Vietnam vet. Why did they pick him? He is one of the most un-dad looking people going.

Also the son is tiny, why did they put him in goal in the first place?
    Yeah I saw that and had the exact same thought, the milk jugs swinging on strings and the balls rolling down the mountain at him... Someone in an ad agency who never played a sport in their life obviously got stuck with it (though why didn't they just search for a few keeper exercises on YouTube?), it made me think of that twat from a few years back who they got to run out onto a tennis court wearing a baseball catchers mit after his cheeky Volvic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The ad that most annoys me at present is one that I see a lot on my phone, though it looks like it may be a TV ad too. It's for Bank of Ireland and shows various plucky small businesses opening up after braving the Coronavirus.

The workers are all reasonably young and pretty, and are shown, working very hard, but in that stylish way that TV Americans do, all furrowed brows and dynamism. Presumably they're looking busy so that the bank manager at BOI will continue to extend the line of credit on which their future hangs by a thread.

I heard an ad on Newstalk today which I really thought was offensive and I am really not easily offended. It went along the lines of:

John and Mary had a leaky roof but John refused to get a professional roofer in. Thankfully Mary had taken out life insurance on John with Bonkers.ie.

Now, Mary is debt free, and back on the scene(implying John died in a roofing accident).

It really, felt a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I heard an ad on Newstalk today which I really thought was offensive and I am really not easily offended. It went along the lines of:

John and Mary had a leaky roof but John refused to get a professional roofer in. Thankfully Mary had taken out life insurance on John with Bonkers.ie.

Now, Mary is debt free, and back on the scene(implying John died in a roofing accident).

It really, felt a bit off.

:eek:

Don’t hate the advert, just wondering who the actress is, in the virgin media connect advert, the ‘hey google’ girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Don’t hate the advert, just wondering who the actress is, in the virgin media connect advert, the ‘hey google’ girl?

Last time I saw her she was trying to rob chicken nuggets in an elevator. I'd give her a wide berth if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A strange one, but the ad for the programme 'Brockmire' that plays at the start and end of many fox programme absolutely drives me insane.

The same stupid unfunny punchlines, time and time and time again. When it comes on now, I just pause, wait 30 seconds and skip past it.

It's not the ad itself that has me so triggered, I didn't take much notice at first, but it's the sheer volume it's been played. Causes a bad mental reaction everytime I see it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I cannot believe someone okayed that. Unbelievable. Talk about rubbing people's faces in it!! :mad:

On the weather intro theme, my one major HATE is the one with the girl who has her hair done.

She runs not even 2 seconds to her car, but somehow ends up with a wet, wild, backcombed hairdo with half a tree in her hair.
    At least if they showed her getting drenched, waiting at a bus-stop, it make make an inkling of sense, despite the annoying factor. But she drives home, ffs.

Where did all those leaves come from!? Did her sunroof get stuck open? :rolleyes:

Posy wrote: »
    I cannot believe someone okayed that. Unbelievable. Talk about rubbing people's faces in it!! :mad:

On the weather intro theme, my one major HATE is the one with the girl who has her hair done.

She runs not even 2 seconds to her car, but somehow ends up with a wet, wild, backcombed hairdo with half a tree in her hair.
    At least if they showed her getting drenched, waiting at a bus-stop, it make make an inkling of sense, despite the annoying factor. But she drives home, ffs.

Where did all those leaves come from!? Did her sunroof get stuck open? :rolleyes:

Maybe she has a convertible, and it's stuck in the down position? :pac:

• Advertisement

The Spar ad where the vegetables with faces drawn on in permanent marker are making terrible puns in northern accents.
    They must have had a production budget of about £3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

euro saver ad for Dunnes with the hair dresser, god that smarmy smile on her face is soo slappable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Posy wrote: »

That ad is sooooo irritating.

I was watching a programme recently, and 'thanks budd-ayyyy' turned up. I thought oh no, when did that ad come back. It was a programme I had recorded a while ago. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Todays your interview :mad:
    Thinking about the day :mad:
    But you need some clothes :mad:
    Yeah you need some clothes
    With something built in something shoite :mad:
    Cleans something fresh it does it alllll :mad:
    BOLD! :mad:
    Always believe in your goallll :mad:
    You even got time to stroll :mad:
    You're so employable, always believe in :mad:
    You are BOLD!!!! :mad::mad:

FECK RIGHT OFF!!!!!!

This ad unfortunately is showing no signs of being retired, one thing I notice is that the woman is visually much more attractive in her getting ready, looking for clothes part of the ad than when she is all dressed up and trying to act sassy and assertive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The stupid Ariel ad with stupid pop pop song.

Tesco mobile ad: it puts up a huge block of text, t & c's for about ten seconds that would take you about 5 mins to read and you will need a magnifying glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Acosta

For as long as Aviva insurance write lame rhyming poetry style voiceovers, their ads will continue to wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Acosta

I wonder do actors without beards even bother going to auditions anymore for the part of the Dad in ads featuring the modern Irish family?

Just heard a radio ad for An Post where yer wan doing the voice over pronounces letters as "ledders".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

You are right, so annoying. Granda would be looking to the left and right of his own room when he does that. First I thought he might be doing in tp humour the young fella, but then I realised the young fella can't even see him.

Jesus lads its a light hearted ad
    lighten up

Advertisement