Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The repetitive contrived Virgin Media advert with the kids singing.

God I saw it at least three times tonight and on closer inspection there is a real bang of Billie Barry off those kids so now I hate it even more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

British army recruitment ad. Join us for confidence that lasts a lifetime :rolleyes:
    I've seen some documentaries about British ex-soldiers who served in NI, Falklands, Afghanistan etc suffering from PTSD, it ain't nothing like confidence but it does last a lifetime.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Some people came back from the Falklands so traumatised, they couldn't even sweat. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSS

That ad for Bloomsday is getting on my nerves these days

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know what demented fcuker thought hearing an old biddy repeating an orgasmic yes over and over would appeal to any kind of demographic, James Joyce fan or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Will never unsee that for as long as i live

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Will never unsee that for as long as i live
    It would be really fukt up if you could play it in reverse :eek:

It would be really fukt up if you could play it in reverse :eek:
    :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'You don't 'ave to throw that one back Mr Thompson'... I know it's meant to be cute that they threw him a chocolate bar, but ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Well, Jupiter is, one of the moonier, of the planets, eh lets see, there's there's proton, crouton, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Well, Jupiter is, one of the moonier, of the planets, eh lets see, there's there's proton, crouton, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does my fcukin head in.. How many times a day are they showing that bloody ad???

• Advertisement

The ad for pink lady apples.
    People eat the apple and then turn into freaky looking demons. How will this sell more apples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Does my fcukin head in.. How many times a day are they showing that bloody ad???

Cannot believe it's back. Pure ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

RTE does comic relief with a very creepy talking pre ejaculate Jenga. My heart is broken with every aspect of this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sam Hain wrote: »
    RTE does comic relief with a very creepy talking pre ejaculate Jenga. My heart is broken with every aspect of this ad.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought a Jenga was going to shoot its load.

British army recruitment ad. Join us for confidence that lasts a lifetime :rolleyes:
    I've seen some documentaries about British ex-soldiers who served in NI, Falklands, Afghanistan etc suffering from PTSD, it ain't nothing like confidence but it does last a lifetime.

And leave a charity pick up the pieces.
    The least they could do as a govt is fcuking look after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Lost track of the amount of times I have moaned about this series of ads. This new one is just as dreadful. One of the ladies disappears, the other one just walks off. How did they make a tablet out of blocks? Who helped yer man on with those trousers ?
    Tripe.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Those oxfam and charity adverts that try and guilt trip you into monthly subscriptions where you get letters from those you supposedly help. Should be banned

spookwoman wrote: »
    Those oxfam and charity adverts that try and guilt trip you into monthly subscriptions where you get letters from those you supposedly help. Should be banned

There's an Ann Doyle voiced one on radio, it's sounds as if she's got a traffic cone over her head the sound quality is so bad, unless they wanted the ambiance of her being on location in South Sudan or wherever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

I quite like that one. Sorry :o:o. Proton, Cruton, Oregano....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

It's a very bizarre advert-I don't get the context... why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I cant stand any of those VHI ads or any others that use CGI cartoons, it is nothing more than a complete stingefest.

A company like VHI with revenues of over 1.5 billion euro wont even spend 50k for a decent TV ad campaign with proper actors and a film crew. How tight is that? By using these cartoon ads lots of film production jobs get replaced by a couple of hipsters playing around on a Mac for a few days.

No offence to hipsters with Macs but I would much prefer to see people who are freelancing in the local Irish film industry to be supported. TV ads are where many Irish actors and film crew get their first ever start in the film industry; with these limited opportunities being replaced by cartoons people cannot get valuable experience.

The Denny sausages ad gave Paul Mescal a start on TV, plus it was a great ad that made everyone laugh. Young actors and dozens of people behind the camera need these opportunities to build their careers. If every company goes down the VHI route of making cartoon ads then the local freelance film industry is fcuked.

rant nearly over////

I really hate VHI ads, they can go and sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭CoBo55

trashcan wrote: »
    I quite like that one. Sorry :o:o. Proton, Cruton, Oregano....

Are you with Vodafone for home BB?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Are you with Vodafone for home BB?

They’d never have been able to post that if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Hardly watch anything live anymore, even sport and I find myself fast forwarding through the ad breaks. Add in Netflix, there's no adds there.

Do people still just have the TV on all day and night permanently tuned to RTE? I stayed with some people last year in the UK. They turned ITV on every evening and just watched whatever was on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I cant stand any of those VHI ads or any others that use CGI cartoons, it is nothing more than a complete stingefest.

A company like VHI with revenues of over 1.5 billion euro wont even spend 50k for a decent TV ad campaign with proper actors and a film crew. How tight is that? By using these cartoon ads lots of film production jobs get replaced by a couple of hipsters playing around on a Mac for a few days.

No offence to hipsters with Macs but I would much prefer to see people who are freelancing in the local Irish film industry to be supported. TV ads are where many Irish actors and film crew get their first ever start in the film industry; with these limited opportunities being replaced by cartoons people cannot get valuable experience.

The Denny sausages ad gave Paul Mescal a start on TV, plus it was a great ad that made everyone laugh. Young actors and dozens of people behind the camera need these opportunities to build their careers. If every company goes down the VHI route of making cartoon ads then the local freelance film industry is fcuked.

rant nearly over////

I really hate VHI ads, they can go and sh1te

Hate them also. I have to mute them. One, I'm sure I ranted about previously 'I'm back home in my own baaaaaaa-d'.

That's a bed, you mean, is it?

Aaaargh. And they are all like that.

Stupid ad!
    And then the smug Bannon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Very, VERY unusual advert. There's definitely some sort of S&M (CBT maybe) undercurrent.

If this is a prelude to what's to come on the actual programme.... God help us all!!!!

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Hardly watch anything live anymore, even sport and I find myself fast forwarding through the ad breaks. Add in Netflix, there's no adds there.

Do people still just have the TV on all day and night permanently tuned to RTE? I stayed with some people last year in the UK. They turned ITV on every evening and just watched whatever was on.

No, only switch on news (and only doing so lately with the current sh1t), streaming the rest of the time.
    The vast majority of RTE output holds no interest for me. I thought they'd improve during lockdown, rise to the occasion and give something back but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just the news for me and anyone else I know aswell, Normal People was the first show I sat down to watch on a regular schedule in about 5 years Id say and thats only because the versions on Pirate Bay had crappy sound. Their viewership must be going off a cliff just like printed newspapers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Hmmm I'm waiting for a bus, what to do? I know, I'll apply for a mortgage!

Advertisement