Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sabella wrote: »
    Any ad that has some whispy singing clown covering a song, have heard covers of everything from the proclaimers to joy division, sick of it now
    Heard another one today I can't remember what song they're destroying but as you say it's getting pretty tiresome at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The KBC ad makes absolutely no sense with the hipsters and still the same for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

spookwoman wrote: »
    The KBC ad makes absolutely no sense with the hipsters and still the same for the last few years.

Judging by the size of yer wan's bump that baby has been in there for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All those ads seem to have a cool, hipstery old man or woman in them, have you noticed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Deliveroo with people leaping around the place and going crazy over a takeaway, get a life.

The Dr Oetker ad with the couple dancing on the coffee table in their socks. It is one of those crappy old ones with the thin legs and you can see it juddering away, just about to break under them.

This made me laugh, it's a great description and I don't even know the ad! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Three ad is freaky the first time you see it because you think its a dirty old man leering over a child in their bed.

Going on on about a "one eyed snake"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Three ad is freaky the first time you see it because you think its a dirty old man leering over a child in their bed.

It's a child calling his grandfather would you ever get your mind out of the gutter? That's just tasteless ****e out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

48 ad starting to grind my gears. Or should I say fordy eigh or dada, as young hip Irish people in adverts for some reason can't say the letter T.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I like the Three ad.
    I think the little fella is adorable, and I like the idea that he trusts so much in the grandad that once he says there's nothing there, the little fella is happy.

It's on too often though.

Acosta wrote: »
    48 ad starting to grind my gears. Or should I say fordy eigh or dada, as young hip Irish people in adverts for some reason can't say the letter T.

It's annoyed me from day one because of fordy ayde (48).

Similarly on the radio there's ads about job oppordunidies that make me want to break something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The recruitment ad for the RAF. It makes it look like a holiday camp: lounging on the beach, beers around the campfire, hiking with your friends, playing tennis and football etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sabella

Lynx Africa ad, total sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I like the Three ad.
    I think the little fella is adorable, and I like the idea that he trusts so much in the grandad that once he says there's nothing there, the little fella is happy.

It's on too often though.

Is that Grandad Eamonn's friend from Brigid and Eamonn (RTE series)? Or is it that he just happens to have the same accent as the lad from B&Eamonn.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tiredalways

The music on that go mo ad isnon my last nerve! That and 'Jupiters one of the moonier of the planets' ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh god that radio ad for pensions on Newstalk (of course it would be, boring gits). the father playing table tennis with his dependent (daughter), a prism of modern day ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The car ad using the word "unbored". Since when is that a word?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

A big Fcuk you to all involved in the vodafone ad which is once again on every ad break on sky channels.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Acosta wrote: »
    A big Fcuk you to all involved in the vodafone ad which is once again on every ad break on sky channels.
    Amen - given how awful Vodafone is, it would be money better spent on improving their service than wasted on so much clueless adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

madmaggie wrote: »
    The car ad using the word "unbored". Since when is that a word?

It's perfectly cromulent word, designed to embiggen the smallest man. :D

Screen-Shot-2018-03-06-at-164304.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Holly Willoughby hair dye ad. Not a drop of dye goes on her pristine white top, or the dazzling white towel. I spend more time cleaning up the bathroom afterwards than on actually doing my hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's perfectly cromulent word, designed to embiggen the smallest man. :D

Works both ways too :D

contrafibularities.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Oral B Ad. Bum, hips, oh f*ck off you toff cow. She sounds like she's talking with a mouth full of marbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Every AD break yesterday from 1 to about 3 had Aldi genuInely on,at least 10 times I think.Moonier and the 1 eyed monster were just behind,and with ads about every 12 minutes i'm not turning on the tele today for that sh1te.It's overdone.Are they repeated more nowadays or just more fkin annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oral B Ad. Bum, hips, oh f*ck off you toff cow. She sounds like she's talking with a mouth full of marbles.

At least they got rid of her declaring shock by saying "I didn't even know Oral B made a toothpaste"

Still an awful ad though but was much worse.

Coffee coffee coffee coffee!
    She's back. For f....s sake.

Some of these actors, I swear, will never get acting jobs outside of adverts. Especially when they're acting in adverts that are just despised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is that the Aldi ad from a few years ago where yer wan is buying condoms with her two adult sons?

The advert with the bad cover of 'can't stop the feeling', for the 'homeschool hub thing.

Whether it's the bad singing, or the 'drunk auntie at a wedding' dance, or that it seems like it was made by people who just learned to use a camera... it wouldn't really annoy me, tbqh.

But it's on almost as much as the Dermot Bannon adverts... and it's REALLY grating.

This advert popped up late last night. It's less an annoying advert, more a sad one really.

The dude who pops up around the 14 second mark died last year. So kind of sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This advert popped up late last night. It's less an annoying advert, more a sad one really.

The dude who pops up around the 14 second mark died last year. So kind of sad.

Oh Jesus.....

The good news however is it won't last a week because the #WokeFolk will be horrified and outraged that there's no people of colour, people with disablities, transgender etc. etc. etc. represented so they'll riot in the streets until this is addressed. :rolleyes:

Advertisement