Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

The Bannon Vodafone ads are currently being regurgitated

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Acosta wrote: »
    The Bannon Vodafone ads are currently being regurgitated

Saw one last night.
    Despised them first time around and hoped they had gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Saw one last night.
    Despised them first time around and hoped they had gone away.

He can't be robbing cheese with this covid around, no wonder covid is around with Bannon walking into everyone's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I’m at a crossroads when it comes to those ads.

I despised them for the entirety of their duration initially but at least when they are being shown now “new normal”, “were connecting differently” or “uncertain times” don’t exist. That in itself is a positive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The phone ad with the Dutch Bigfoot.
    Coz Holland is awash with Bigfoot sightings, like.

• Advertisement

The ad for Teams with the teachers and the students doing an online class.
    The kids on the screens look bored out of their skulls or surly as heck.

The teacher shows them something and asks them can they see it. This one boy says 'I can see it' in a really aggressive tone of voice. If I had used that tone and attitude with a teacher I would have been for the high jump.

The biologist who plays 'footie' on Wednesday nights.
    She is a cockney trying to put on an upper-crust accent and mannerisms and fails miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Well, they are the tallest people in the world so...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I was here to post about this one. As per post below me it's for Virgin not Vodafone.

Huh... this ad was on earlier and I would’ve bet the house it was Vodafone!
    Goes to show how fcuking annoying it is that I don’t even know what company it is for.

He's actually Danish.
    Doesn't make your point any less valid. It's a real annoyance of mine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Forty "ate"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Dr Oetker ad. More the schmaltzy we're in this together feel good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Awful ad but I can tolerate it because yer wan in it is a bit of a hottie. Same with the M&Ms ad
    Duvetdays wrote: »
    Huh... this ad was on earlier and I would’ve bet the house it was Vodafone!
    Goes to show how fcuking annoying it is that I don’t even know what company it is for.

Vodafones and Virgins shade of red used in their branding and logos seems to be almost identical, Ive mixed them up in the past too. Virgins ad with all the kids singing Queens Dont Stop me Now is particularly annoying.

Companies must be having a great laugh at the negligible cost of production for their ads lately- no need to pay camera men or film crews, no need to pay actors or directors, just get some kids with smartphones to do it all for free so they can be on the telly. Same with the Aldi family in lockdown :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the AA car insurance , the dog in the ad is horrible, i mean the voiceover actor, awful wexford accent and just really annoying tone. i dont know why but i really dont like it. sounds like the dog is a human version alcholic uncle they cant let out or something. i dunno if people know what im saying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Those horrendous Flash ads.

EBS ad where the family see a sex scene on the TV. Then the sofa turns into a huge vagina and swallows up the son.
    Freud would have a field day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The one eyed monster under the child's bed. There's no way did the advertising people not know what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

EBS ad where the family see a sex scene on the TV. Then the sofa turns into a huge vagina and swallows up the son.

EBS really need to change their advertising agency. If there was a top of the pops for sh1te ads.....they would be the feckin Beatles....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Not seen that but is it also on bus shelters? The son looks like a midget version of Eoin Mclove.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

There's 2 ads on the tv currently that I cant stand:

1. The Tampax ad ("You gotta get it up there girls...") which seems to be everywhere
    2. The Fairy non Bio with Vogue Williams and her son Theodore.

• Advertisement

Not seen that but is it also on bus shelters? The son looks like a midget version of Eoin Mclove.
    Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Those horrendous Flash ads.

what is it with talking dogs on adverts, do they honestly think everyone likes them.

The just eat ads are just as bad with the bad dubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

spookwoman wrote: »
    what is it with talking dogs on adverts, do they honestly think everyone likes them.

The just eat ads are just as bad with the bad dubbing

I think those ads probably appeal to terrible people, who then go and buy those products.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The repetitive contrived Virgin Media advert with the kids singing.

Some car ad, maybe VW, where they are interviewing kids about what the car of the future will be like. The children are meant to be in the 1970s but they have really strong mid-atlantic accents. Irish kids didn't talk like that back then, for flips sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSS

That ad for Bloomsday is getting on my nerves these days

YESSSSSSSSSSS

The ad with Dermot Bannon, the little girl doing homework asks her da how many moons Jupiter has.
    I hate it because
    -I don't remember covering any astronomy whatsoever in school
    - The girl is really young, why would the teacher ask such an advanced question, 'can you spell Jupiter?' would be more apt
    - The da acts like a twat trying to bluff his way out of it. Just tell her you don't know, why don't we look it up
    - The girl seems adept at using the tablet, why did she need to ask da at all, look it up yourself
    - Bannon shows up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Jane98 wrote: »
    There's 2 ads on the tv currently that I cant stand:

1. The Tampax ad ("You gotta get it up there girls...") which seems to be everywhere
    2. The Fairy non Bio with Vogue Williams and her son Theodore.

Yes, I despise both of those ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jesus that's dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

I keep thinking its Michael D on the yessssss ad for bloomsday!

Advertisement