Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

2 Bad, 1 Good.

These two bellends and this entire series of adverts, insulting almost.

This bunch of gobsheens, guy doing the interview is about 12 and then the family in the kitchen.

I never tire of this one, makes me smile every time, every shot perfectly judged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Sorry Auld Jim Halpin,

have to diagree.

1). I actually like the 123.ie adverts. John Michael Higgins is a brilliant actor and the adverts are well scripted. Its insurance, so its boring sh!t, but they have made the best out of it. Excellent.

2). No opinion on Cheerio's advert

3). Absolutely hate baby formula adverts. They are required by law now to highlight that 'breast feeding is best' so in effect they are advertising a product thats unecessary and at best, is a poor substitute. (before the legislation, these are the same schysters that tried to convince parents that Formula was best ...and tried to insinuate that only the poor, breast feed). Seriously, why don't they just fup off. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Like the poster above, I dislike those formula ads. What did babies follow onto before follow on milk? How did we all survive without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

madmaggie wrote: »
    Like the poster above, I dislike those formula ads. What did babies follow onto before follow on milk? How did we all survive without it?

We let Darwin do his thang.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah it just seems to be an invention for the sake of it. Would wonder about the cost of it given they're advertising so prominently on tv but to a small market of new mothers. Would imagine its expensive stuff

The tv ad promoting tv ads is also getting on my wick at this stage. RTE seem to just run it ad nauseum to fill up their ad breaks between programs at this stage.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah it just seems to be an invention for the sake of it. Would wonder about the cost of it given they're advertising so prominently on tv but to a small market of new mothers. Would imagine its expensive stuff

The tv ad promoting tv ads is also getting on my wick at this stage. RTE seem to just run it ad nauseum to fill up their ad breaks between programs at this stage.

The one by RTE, Closer than Ever, where we see Ryan Tubridy giving his big spiel is really annoying.

His '"when asked what did you do' you can answer 'I did my bit'"...

And Ryan, what did you do? Oh, that's right, you stayed home for 3 weeks, with a cough, while getting paid thousands every single day for doing absolutely nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You would think it's a shinking market here, I wonder why do they even bother when the formula market in Asia and China in particular is going through the roof. Irish formula is like gold dust, baby boom at the moment and mothers don't want to breast feed like peasants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Duvetdays wrote: »

The Vodafone ones are the worst. The one with the alarm going off at the start of it and now the one with the annoying kids singing nothings gonna stop us now into their camera phones. [/] Oh and the poxy Aldi Covid family.

I was here to post about this one. As per post below me it's for Virgin not Vodafone. I do actually press the mute button when it comes on, something I've never done before. Suppose the marketing execs thought it was cute. I just find it infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Just seen one for Virgin Media, a bunch of young kids singing Starships Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now. Annoying get doesn't even begin to describe it.

Is this the replacement for the “thanks Buddaaaayyyy” ad.....please bring ot back,my ears are bleeding from the kids crowing...and a baby wailing in the middle of it....Horrendous stuff:mad::mad:

I was here to post about this one. As per post below me it's for Virgin not Vodafone. I do actually press the mute button when it comes on, something I've never done before. Suppose the marketing execs thought it was cute. I just find it infuriating.

It's like the person behind that advert secretly watches 'Billy Barry Kid' compilations on youtube...

That's the only way you could explain it. I hate seeing kids in adverts, because I just picture the pushy parents behind them.

That and the girl in the cowboy hat and striped tee-shirt is performing moves that are are wayyyy too adult for a kid. It's a bit paedo-y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Late Late show ad praising itself, I need not say anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RobertKK wrote: »
    I didnt think I could despise Tubridy any more but his smug cringe inducing monologues every week at the start of the LLS since this started proved me wrong. Now they're going to play a recording of one every ad break.

Thargor wrote: »
    I didnt think I could despise Tubridy any more but his smug cringe inducing monologues every week at the start of the LLS since this started proved me wrong. Now they're going to play a recording of one every ad break.

The RTE fart sniffing has reached an unbelievable level in this time of crisis.

You'd swear the cure for Corona was hidden in their flatulence.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is this the replacement for the “thanks Buddaaaayyyy” ad.....please bring ot back,my ears are bleeding from the kids crowing...and a baby wailing in the middle of it....Horrendous stuff:mad::mad:

Oh no, please, not 'thanks buddaaaaaaaay'.
    I mute all of those ads. Anything with zoom calls and people singing and the lot. Noooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

BBC4 do these promos featuring footage of singers where the soundtrack has been removed and you just hear grunts and their feet squeaking on the floor etc. They're kind of funny generally but the current one' which has been running for ages has me reaching for the mute anytime it comes on. The one where she goes "Waaaaaaaaa!" In a horrible high pitched shriek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭CoBo55

BBC4 do these promos featuring footage of singers where the soundtrack has been removed and you just hear grunts and their feet squeaking on the floor etc. They're kind of funny generally but the current one' which has been running for ages has me reaching for the mute anytime it comes on. The one where she goes "Waaaaaaaaa!" In a horrible high pitched shriek.

It's actually better without the music... until the squall obviously.

''We're in this together'

Says the pr1cks who left the tax payer pick up most of the wage bill for their lower earners

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

''We're in this together'

Says the pr1cks who left the tax payer pick up most of the wage bill for their lower earners

Isn’t the tax payer paying their wages either way?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn’t the tax payer paying their wages either way?

Advertising revenue would contribute. To be honest, RTE pay their high earners far too much. Marty Morrissey on 300k for doing a show in a shed ffs. They in no way should be availing of this scheme. /rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Advertising revenue would contribute. To be honest, RTE pay their high earners far too much. Marty Morrissey on 300k for doing a show in a shed ffs. They in no way should be availing of this scheme. /rant over

They’re just afraid NBC or Fox will poach him.

• Advertisement

:D

Pounding at the door. After seeing this latest masterpiece broadcast from his shed you'd have to wonder how long more can RTE realistically expect to keep such a handsome talent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Literally I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

God I'm sick of his boundless enthusiasm in these ads and looking at his Just For Men dyed head.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Or Spitting Image.

He always reminds me of one of their puppets from back in the day. Anytime he's on TV I'm always looking out for the faint outline of strings controlling his arms.

Sorry Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Not an ad but I don't know where else to put it.

TV3 weather, if you want to show photos of people, places, etc. do it after you have shown the weather not before.
    I want to see the forecast not John who was 4 today or a lovely sunrise over some bay somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Roanmore wrote: »
    Not an ad but I don't know where else to put it.

TV3 weather, if you want to show photos of people, places, etc. do it after you have shown the weather not before.
    I want to see the forecast not John who was 4 today or a lovely sunrise over some bay somewhere.

90 years young! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Tim76 wrote: »
    Or Spitting Image.

He always reminds me of one of their puppets from back in the day. Anytime he's on TV I'm always looking out for the faint outline of strings controlling his arms.

Sorry Marty

Knew he reminded me of something :D

Seriously though, I'd love to know who suddenly decided that Marty was a " celebrity".

Back to the ads. The new Denny ad just came on, and it's horrific. I hate those ads that try to go for the heartfelt " common touch". "It's the only thing you could cook when you moved out". "It's what you ate the morning you got married." Please, just eff off Denny. It's over processed rashers and sausages for gods sake. I mean, I'm as partial as anyone (though not to Denny:P)., but please.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

The new Magnum Pink Ruby ice cream ad with that horrificly bad cover of that Daydreams song. Its on ALL the bloody time!? I like magnums but that is one rancid looking yoke for an icecream, pink chocolate, euch. Extremely annoying at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wasnt it mentioned here before that Tubridy is mad to do an RTE Telethon like Gay did back in the day. That ad seems like his pitch to RTE management to let him go ahead, Bryan Tubridy the Charidee King :rolleyes:
    trashcan wrote: »
    Seriously though, I'd love to know who suddenly decided that Marty was a " celebrity".

I wonder the same myself, for decades he was just a GAA commentator and thats all he was. Then Oliver Callan started doing his 'hi Im Marty and I like to party' sketches with the fake tan on him and Marty seemed to play up to that characterisation of himself as a ladies man, thus his 'celebrity' was born. He should be paying Oliver Callan royalties at this stage.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wasnt it mentioned here before that Tubridy is mad to do an RTE Telethon like Gay did back in the day. That ad seems like his pitch to RTE management to let him go ahead, Bryan Tubridy the Charidee King :rolleyes:

I wonder the same myself, for decades he was just a GAA commentator and thats all he was. Then Oliver Callan started doing his 'hi Im Marty and I like to party' sketches with the fake tan on him and Marty seemed to play up to that characterisation of himself as a ladies man, thus his 'celebrity' was born. He should be paying Oliver Callan royalties at this stage.

Was it Oliver, or Mario? I know Mario did similar.

But Marty was known for his 'parties'.

Advertisement