Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They suffered on the cross but rose again.. Lenny, Rob and Alek's 16/17 cross thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Cuchulainn cc cyclocross league starting in September. Thursdays at 7 pm. Running fir 12 weeks. More details soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Munster 2017 CX League Dates:

Round 1 8th October 2017 Burren Racing Team, Ennis, Co. Clare
    Round 2 15th October 2017 CrossBarrs Fota, Fota Island, Co. Cork
    Round 3 22nd October 2017 Clonmel Cycling Club, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
    Round 4 29th October 2017 Pi Cyclocross, Mallow, Co. Cork
    Round 5 12th November 2017 DeRonde Cross, Co. Cork
    Round 6 26th November 2017 Upperchurch Drombane CC, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
    Round 7 3rd December 2017 Killarney Cycling Club, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Information on
    http://www.munstercx.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Cuchulainn cc cyclocross league starting in September. Thursdays at 7 pm. Running fir 12 weeks. More details soon

Im looking forward to this one.

Twas good Craic last yr. Short coarse last yr. My first venture into cx. Loved it

Anyone ever done the 3 peaks cyclocross in England? Is there a designated thread g or it?

• Advertisement

Anyone ever done the 3 peaks cyclocross in England? Is there a designated thread g or it?

couple of lads on here doing it next year (i'll let them identify themselves). Entry is by lottery iirc. Wouldnt mind doing it myself.

Looking to see what the Craic is for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

If this was a bit closer to me I'd definitely do it. Sounds like a great setup!

Anyone planning some midweek training sessions around the Phoenix park perhaps?
    Dust off the cobwebs etc :)

Entry for cuchulainn cx league open now via link on facebook. Limited to 50 participants

Entry for cuchulainn cx league open now via link on facebook. Limited to 50 participants

All registered up. What is the course like?

• Advertisement

Had a quick look at it tge other evening. Short but lots in it. Few final touches to be made. Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Looks for any advise on upgrading the wheel-set on my cross bike. Seems like a bit of a mine field especially with disc breaks.

Would be grateful for any pointers and especially what not to buy/do

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Looks for any advise on upgrading the wheel-set on my cross bike. Seems like a bit of a mine field especially with disc breaks.

Thanks
    Tubeless, tubular, clincher?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

nak wrote: »
    Tubeless, tubular, clincher?

Clincher please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Jmcmen wrote: »

Thanks

The boyos in the likes of Expert Cycles would say go tubeless, you always have the option of running tubes with tubeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Fixx round 1 Kilternan tomorrow evening, on a wet evening the A race will be finishing in the dark on the sections under the trees, bring your lights.
    We finished in the dark up in Belfast last week, by that stage you do know the course and it is pretty cool barrelling into what felt like a black hole of darkness under the trees on the last lap.

forgot how much fun/suffery cx racing is. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to the organisers, and good to catch up with a few boardsies!

Well done to Hmmmmmmzzzzzzis on his win!

No robfowl tho. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Good craic racing this evening.
    Great to spot Lenny out in the wild.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Super racing this evening, a bone dry course, dusty in places! The light stayed ok for the last race of the day and with the best finish of a cyclocross race i've seen with Kinning, Seymour and Conroy battling it out for the top 3 places!

kd1mrk.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »

Had to say goodbye to a friend

Dont worry though, will be knocking you off again soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Anyone know where the lenister CX champs will be this year. December is looking very bare in the CX calender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

lennymc wrote: »
    forgot how much fun/suffery cx racing is. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to the organisers, and good to catch up with a few boardsies!

Well done to Hmmmmmmzzzzzzis on his win!

Thanks Lenny! I'm still sore today, Strava said I did a 35min anaerobic interval :D

Thanks to all the organizers, that was great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Hi Folks

Quick question, is it possible to get a one day licence at any of the cx races? i didnt get a CI licence this year due to injury, was hoping to do a few B races..
    Any info would be much appreciated..
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Tomred13 wrote: »
    Quick question, is it possible to get a one day licence at any of the cx races? i didnt get a CI licence this year due to injury, was hoping to do a few B races..

No One-Day Racing Licenses are available after May (or something).
    Some of the Leisure licenses currently run for 12 months, but I think you'll need a Limited Competition license to race CX.
    Anyone know where the lenister CX champs will be this year. December is looking very bare in the CX calender

Leinsters are TBA at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

One licences are allowed in off road and leisure events, the Apr thing applies to the road only.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

ahhh feck...Thanks folks, usually race road and xc and was hoping i could get a day licence to do a cx race..back to the drawingboard.

D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tomred13 wrote: »
    ahhh feck...Thanks folks, usually race road and xc and was hoping i could get a day licence to do a cx race..back to the drawingboard.

D

By beastys post, you can as its off road. It is only road racing you cannot.

CramCycle wrote: »
    By beastys post, you can as its off road. It is only road racing you cannot.

WTF, I look like an auld fella who can't stop falling off a bike now ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RobFowl wrote: »
    WTF, I look like an auld fella who can't stop falling off a bike now ???

Maybe we should get you stabilisers or a trike.

Advertisement