Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They suffered on the cross but rose again.. Lenny, Rob and Alek's 16/17 cross thread

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Do we need a new thread? :pac:

Just signed up for the B races in supercross. Will be on a 20 year old v-brake hardtail MTB. Is this a really stupid idea? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Will do a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Just signed up for the B races in supercross. Will be on a 20 year old v-brake hardtail MTB. Is this a really stupid idea? :eek:

You'll soon get fed up with that... Especially on the Grange Castle course which is flat and fast, an old MTB will mean you'll be out the back for most of the race..

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    You'll soon get fed up with that... Especially on the Grange Castle course which is flat and fast, an old MTB will mean you'll be out the back for most of the race..

Yeah - I'm guessing that.

It'll be a good excuse for a new bike :pac: I think I'm at S-1 already in terms of bike count though.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Grange Castle B race has been won on an MTB before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So... coming from a tri background, it was possible to buy just a one day licence for races. Seems I need a yearly CI licence? What do I need to cover CX entry?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

A certain boardsie was even lapped by said winner..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

mloc123 wrote: »
    So... coming from a tri background, it was possible to buy just a one day licence for races. Seems I need a yearly CI licence? What do I need to cover CX entry?

Limited competition licence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

That would be the exception, the person who won that could have been top 5 in the A race had he been on a CX bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Hoping to delve into +40 B cat CX racing for the first time this September with the Fixx League and a couple of NI races within reasonable distance of Dublin. Looking online for suitable tyres (non tubular) for Specialized Diverge - any experienced CXers have opinions on these or are there other good entry level options for an all rounder tyre through the winter?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-cx-comp-cyclocross-bike-tyre/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Hoping to delve into +40 B cat CX racing for the first time this September with the Fixx League and a couple of NI races within reasonable distance of Dublin. Looking online for suitable tyres (non tubular) for Specialized Diverge - any experienced CXers have opinions on these or are there other good entry level options for an all rounder tyre through the winter?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-cx-comp-cyclocross-bike-tyre/

not grippy enough i would imagine in sticky conditions. i have these Cyclox kings and they are very good; https://www.marreybikes.com/cyclocross-tyres-/3898-continental-cyclo-x-king-622-bicycle-tyre-700x35c.html
    had Sammy Slicks on before and they were useless... too slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Munster CX League has 7 rounds and three non-league events this year.
    De Ronde will run the Nationals in Cork on January 13th/

http://www.munstercx.com/events/

The Ennis round was in a great venue last year. Super accessible from county Galway, due to the new motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

Can anyone recommend a cheapish CX tyre that's tubeless compatable that would be a good all rounder for CX racing here?
    Looking to go tubeless this year and take advantage of the lower psi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

SuperSean wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheapish CX tyre that's tubeless compatable that would be a good all rounder for CX racing here?
    Looking to go tubeless this year and take advantage of the lower psi :)
    Too many options - probably best to go with a mud tyre as it covers all bases - Challenge, Specialized, Clement......
    I have the Specialized Terras for training and love them; new version out for this year. Use tubs for racing unless it's Grange Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Looks like we're moving to the 2018/2019 Thread: Rob and Lenny's cross dressing 2018/2019 cyclocross season thread.

Advertisement