Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFC Final - Dublin v Mayo - *Read Mod Note in post #1 & #1393*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Gael85

Stoner wrote: »
    He'd a bad start. Then kicked a nice one just before half time and was ok after that.

Agreed showed character after missing early shots and didn't hide in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Peist2007 wrote: »
    A more interesting question is are there any pics from yesterday where Connolly doesnt have his hand wedged in Keegan's face?

yep

of course!!

397334.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Gael85 wrote:
    Agreed showed character after missing early shots and didn't hide in fairness

He got his two in the second have. I'm happy enough with him TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ian_80

Dont know about you pal but hands in the face...okay, no great, but happens in every game....all levels. Hands on another lads lad......filthy, I dont think that can be denied. Dont get me wrong, Connolly is a clown for gettin involved and most of the time is his own worst enemy but he's not the only dirty player out there......truth be told....and Keegan is definitely another one

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Biloxi Blues

Ian_80 wrote: »
    I'm not too concerned, you'll be back under your rock in 2 weeks........talkin nonsense unti 1st and then silence.....its great, love the confidence......but you'll be AWOL on 2nd Oct

Assume that's addressed to me. I'm not from Mayo, chief. Just a completely independent, unbiased, impartial observer. Don't know why you are imagining "confidence" and "going AWOL on 1st" by merely pointing out Dublin filth, hypocrisy and myopia.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

He'd a bad start. Then kicked a nice one just before half time and was ok after that.

You're such a kind soul. If Cillian O'Connor had done similar yesterday you'd be in here with your buddies sniggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Floppybits wrote: »
    what you are not showing there is Keegan trying to hit Connolly in the nuts. Here it is from the other side. Both are as bad as each other.

0b5aeb1f29bc44cc50520b85c70423e6e6506ba2.jpg

Wasn't the first time from Keegan. It is like he has studied the rule book to figure out how many different ways he can assault and provoke a player and still be technically within the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

connollykeegan.jpg

Dont know about you pal but hands in the face...okay, no great, but happens in every game....all levels. Hands on another lads lad......filthy, I dont think that can be denied. Dont get me wrong, Connolly is a clown for gettin involved and most of the time is his own worst enemy but he's not the only dirty player out there......truth be told....and Keegan is definitely another one

They say that those who are really homophobic tend to be hiding their own homosexuality. Just be yourself is what i say ;)

kilns wrote: »
    I think all can agree, that both players are as bad as each other when it comes to the knackery stakes

Connolly easily is got at and always will react and Keegan knows this and so tries his best to get him to react. So they can be both as bad as each other

Not much to discuss really

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

You're such a kind soul. If Cillian O'Connor had done similar yesterday you'd be in here with your buddies sniggering.
    Wasnt COC first free off the ground an awful one too? but he came good too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Wasnt COC first free off the ground an awful one too? but he came good too

Think it was a '45 that barely got off the ground iirc.

Jaysus Peist2007, you must be finished school for the day...........Whats mammy making for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yip, Keegan is a dirty player too. It's exactly what we need, no apologies there.

The Keegan is an angel crowd is more than matched by the it's never Dermos fault brigade btw. Two of them at it and two sets of supporters at it... but credit to the Dubs, they do deliver on they photo evidence front.

Jaysus Peist2007, you must be finished school for the day...........Whats mammy making for dinner

Good to see you are starting to learn how to address posters. I expect to see you quoting posts within a matter of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Go talk to someone else about it. You're a riled little boy with your passive aggressive comments like above. Suppose its the natural reaction to not having everything your own way as usual. Funny to watch.

Still take Dean Rock over Cillian O'Connor "any day"?

:pac:

Yep all day and any day, as Deans stats at the end of the year will attest :D

Plus you don't want a miserable sour power type in the team, they tend to be toxic.

I'd take Keegan and Parsons though, and Lee seems to keen to wear that blue jersey. :)

Good to see you are starting to learn how to address posters. I expect to see you quoting posts within a matter of years.

If you asked him was his "Ma" making batter burgers and coddle again today he'd throw a fit. The legendary Dubbalin sense of humour.

Bambi wrote: »
    Yep all day and any day, as Deans stats at the end of the year will attest :D

Plus you don't want a miserable sour power type in the team, they tend to be toxic.

I'd take Keegan and Parsons though, and Lee seems to keen to wear that blue jersey. :)

Go. Talk. To. Someone. Else.

If you asked him was his "Ma" making batter burgers and coddle again today he'd throw a fit. The legendary Dubbalin sense of humour.

"Leave me Ma out of it"

"Why no mention of me Da?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

The situation is very simple. As usual Leroy tried to get
    Connolly sent off. On this occasion he failed. As usual they cancelled
    each other out from play. So it was a bad day for Leroy. He'll try again in
    two weeks time.

Mayo can't on the one hand play the hard men with the tunnel fight etc
    and then on the other hand come on here with pleas of innocence, still shots and rule books. Make up your mind?

• Advertisement

As for the next day. I think Mayo will start with the same team. I think Seamus OShea could be under pressure and I think Aidan OShea is more a distraction than anything to them

Dublin I am not sure. I think Paddy Andrews will start the next day. I would drop McAuley and bring Flynn to midfield personnally. McAuley is just like Aidan OShea, when defending players go past him to easy and in attack can be a liability at times.

Yes, PARlance..agree. I just dont like lads intentionally goin out to get another player sent off, dont care if it wins you the game or not. Think someone else said it on this thread, teams would prob do better against Dublin if they concentrated more on their own game

I know if Dublin did it and we win by a point.....its not a "good win".....and even after yesterday, if we had have scraped it, it wouldnt have had the same satisfaction. Dont get me wrong, great to win but not in that manner!

Hoping for a better game in 2 weeks.......

Ted111 wrote: »
    The situation is very simple. As usual Leroy tried to get
    Connolly sent off. On this occasion he failed. As usual they cancelled
    each other out from play. So it was a bad day for Leroy. He'll try again in
    two weeks time.

Mayo can't on the one hand play the hard men with the tunnel fight etc
    and then on the other hand come on here with pleas of innocence, still shots and rule books. Make up your mind?

Nobody except "Dermo" himself has ever got the petulant sunshine boy sent off.

Yes, PARlance..agree. I just dont like lads intentionally goin out to get another player sent off, dont care if it wins you the game or not. Think someone else said it on this thread, teams would prob do better against Dublin if they concentrated more on their own game

I know if Dublin did it and we win by a point.....its not a "good win".....and even after yesterday, if we had have scraped it, it wouldnt have had the same satisfaction. Dont get me wrong, great to win but not in that manner!

I think thats why there is alot of dislike for Cillian OConnor, either he is the one going to ground easy or is in the referees ear demanding cards

If he just played football he would gain alot more respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Nobody except "Dermo" himself has ever got the petulant sunshine boy sent off.

play innocent all you want - keegan failed to get connolly sent off.

better luck next time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

AGC wrote: »
    Watch the replays he does not make contact with a punch to his head - When Keegan falls Connolly is lashing out trying to remove Keegans hand from is jersey, one catches his should the other his arm.

This replay.

That's a punch. Keegan lets go of his Jersey too and Connolly then decides he can go ape, drags him down and throws a couple of punches. It's not about getting the player off him as he could've just walked away when Keegan let go.

Dirty maybe harsh on him. He is certainly volatile and he is also repeatedly lucky

Tbh, If all 15 had to play dirty then I wouldn't care. I'm might have more morals if Sam had paid a few more visits. Every team needs a few dirty players, you'll get walked over if not. We have a few and ye have a few.

I'm not buying the "just go out and play football" talk really, you do that and Dublin will win more times than not. Keegan can do it and still play. I'd be more concerned from a Mayo prospective with the likes of Boyle, he seems to be upping the agression stakes and losing it on the other side. Maybe that's a bit of frustration coming into his game late in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Weepsie wrote: »
    This replay.

That's a punch. Keegan lets go of his Jersey too and Connolly then decides he can go ape, drags him down and throws a couple of punches. It's not about getting the player off him as he could've just walked away when Keegan let go.

Dirty maybe harsh on him. He is certainly volatile and he is also repeatedly lucky

Where is the closed fist punch to the head??

I think thats why there is alot of dislike for Cillian OConnor, either he is the one going to ground easy or is in the referees ear demanding cards

If he just played football he would gain alot more respect

I said it last night that I wouldn't be a fan of Cillian if I wasn't from Mayo. Fair is fair, Philly and iirc Cooper went down looking to get Aidan booked. It happens when there's this much on the line.

• Advertisement

Dont get me wrong PARlance, I'm not saying be bullied and you have to give AT LEAST as good as you get but crowding around referees to get cards shown....2 players goin at it...and 2, 3, 4, players from one team gettin straight in...which if your honest, seems to happen a good bit.....some teams do this more than other

I know you have to mould your game play around your opposition but I think even referees are gettin a bit more savvy when its comes to Connolly and the media spin lately about him being provoked may have worked in his favour.........may be gettin harder to get him sent off...keep up the good work Pat Spillane!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement