Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Council fella Pat Hickey Arrested in Rio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

I am sure he has a very worried family and children.

No doubt including the son that OCI confirmed previously worked with THG - reports are he was in the adjoining suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Feel sorry for The O' Donovans & Annelise Murphy....they're going to have to go on the Late Late Show without Pat Hickey to accompany them. That must be a devastating blow for them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any update on the press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Stheno wrote: »

Its in portugese so gonna need to wait for translators

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Being reported he broke the record for the 100m in his attempted escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Surely it would have to be David Janssen in The Fugitive

Dont forget OJ Simpson , playing himself.

Stheno wrote: »

The OCI are selling tickets for it, just bring cash to some shady looking guy on a street corner in Rio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Harrison ford in star wars

Ah now he didnt run in the latest one, the ship fell on him and now he is sueing the company.
    Could be running to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

From breakingnews.ie

Update 1.35pm: Brazilian Police have said they have evidence Mr Hickey was part of the scheme that saw OCI tickets for the games in the hands of THG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

thomasj wrote: »
    From breakingnews.ie

Update 1.35pm: Brazilian Police have said they have evidence Mr Hickey was part of the scheme that saw OCI tickets for the games in the hands of THG

That doesn't sound good

• Advertisement

Periscope feed of conference, again its in portugese https://www.periscope.tv/philipbromwell/1OwxWvNegLkJQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

From breakingnews.ie

Squeaky bum time me thinks. Would hate to be in a Brazilian prison. Maybe we can start up an Irish series Banged up in South America with the recent lot ? I would be feeling sick if I got arrested there.

Squeaky bum time me thinks. Would hate to be in a Brazilian prison. Maybe we can start up an Irish series Banged up in South America with the recent lot ? I would be feeling sick if I got arrested there.

Just hope to god we don't try bring him back here like that embarrassment michaela, if he was involved in breaking the law there he deserves to do the time there regardless of age or circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kevin Mallon is a businessman, a soft one with no stomach for sitting in a Brazilian jail. As a middleman his role/crime is relatively minor so I'd say he hasn't been holding back even an ounce of information in order to get himself out of that jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

All he will need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Isn't there some cliché like if you can't do the time and all that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I am sure Mr Hickey will be pleased to have the opportunity to clear up this mess once and for all. While there is no question of any wrong doing on his part, the IOC's, or its relationship with THG, a clear the air exchange of views should be productive as a means of putting this matter to rest. It is unfortunate that this process will interrupt Pat Hickey's work on behalf of Ireland and its athletes while the games are still in progress. This is unfortunate for the athletes and teams there, but hopefully they will be unaffected by this distraction and still give their all in their events.
    He brings a very positive energy to the whole team which rubs off on everyone. As a long term, tireless, and selfless servant to Irish athletes, we may be sure that Mr Hickey will be assisting the authorities in their investigation as fully as possible, and his only thought will be to get back to representing Ireland for the remainder of the games.
    I hope not. Touts provide a very valuable service, oiling the market of supply and demand. Very often, its the only way I can get tickets. Touts just show that tickets were too cheap to begin with. More power to them I say.

Mod:

The Rape of Lucretia, don't post in this thread again.

Everyone else, stop replying to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

eigrod wrote: »
    BBC reporting Police said he tried to escape when they came for him :D

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37107450

:pac:

sjb25 wrote: »
    All he will need

I'm old enough to remember when prison rape jokes were pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The poor civil servants in the department of foreign affairs will be knackered with all that travelling between Egypt and Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jelutong wrote: »
    Irishman rotting in Brazilian Jail..

Makes a change from those Egyptian ones. :rolleyes:
    He brings a very positive energy to the whole team which rubs off on everyone. As a long term, tireless, and selfless servant to Irish athletes, we may be sure that Mr Hickey will be assisting the authorities in their investigation as fully as possible, and his only thought will be to get back to representing Ireland for the remainder of the games.

And we all laughed ...

Selfless would be one where he didn't pick up such nice daily expenses.
    I hope not. Touts provide a very valuable service, oiling the market of supply and demand. Very often, its the only way I can get tickets. Touts just show that tickets were too cheap to begin with. More power to them I say.

Ahh I see why you are such a fan and apologist for pat hickey.

Doesn't your buddy pat supply you with tickets or are these tickets for the sports he hasn't got his greasy fingers on ?
    Better call his sidekick mr delaney.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    OJ?

OJ didn't run he drove. ;)
    From breakingnews.ie

I wonder how The Rape of Ludraman will spin that ?

EDIT: sorry Nicolas Cage hadn't seen your post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

He's all yours Brazil. Hold on to him as long as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

sjb25 wrote: »
    All he will need

Vaseline or no vaseline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Don't the Brazilians know that the OCI is holding an inquiry?
    Surely they should wait for the findings. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Isn't Pat Hickey tight with John Delaney. John will be desperately distancing himself.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0805/807282-hickey-delaney-will-be-long-term-oci-successor/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Summary of Sinead O' Carroll on Twitter : Hickeys' wife told police he had left the country after meeting Shane Ross. They found him in an adjoining room.

This is comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

diomed wrote: »
    Don't the Brazilians know that the OCI is holding an inquiry?
    Surely they should wait for the findings. :)

Garda trying to get him but no extradition treaty. I say let the Brazilians deal with it as it's happened there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement