Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Council fella Pat Hickey Arrested in Rio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I presume I'm not the only one who noticed what the acronym of Lucretia's username is?

Too lazy to work it out What?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,120 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Claire, I haven't the brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The Olympics has it all this year, controversy, arrests, drugs, politics. Small bit of sport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Another shining example of the type of leadership we have at the top of the main sports organisations here ... The Olympics is a joke , has had its day now destroyed by Corruption , Doping and Fixing have hardly bothered watching 10 minutes of it ... Hickeys involvement in this ticket scandal just tops it off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The Guardian is reporting from a "reliable source" who wishes not to be named that Putin was in the hotel room with Hickey while they were divvying up their ill gotten gains!

• Advertisement

I heard he threw 2 hookers at the cops and tried to abseil down the aide of the hotel to his waiting chopper as south African mercenaries covered his escape with gunfire.

Edit: unconfirmed reports though.

QUiCK, Get to da Chopper!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

VinLieger wrote: »
    Theres too much lining up for this to have no substance, also what innocent man runs from the police?

OJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Too lazy to work it out What?

Rol
    Which stands for rape of Lucretia
    Which is code for cluster f*ck in the secret service.
    I think.

Water John wrote: »
    Claire, I haven't the brains.

No I am saying I am too lazy. I am asking what it is.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    OJ?

Innocent.......

How about, wrongfully accused of murdering his wife, Richard Kimble escapes from the law in an attempt to find her killer and clear his name. Pursuing him is a team of U.S. marshals led by Deputy Samuel Gerard, a determined detective who will not rest until Richard is captured. As Richard leads the team through a series of intricate chases, he discovers the secrets behind his wife's death and struggles to expose the killer before it is too late.

I think the film was called 'The Man who Ran'

• Advertisement

Innocent.......

How about, wrongfully accused of murdering his wife, Richard Kimble escapes from the law in an attempt to find her killer and clear his name. Pursuing him is a team of U.S. marshals led by Deputy Samuel Gerard, a determined detective who will not rest until Richard is captured. As Richard leads the team through a series of intricate chases, he discovers the secrets behind his wife's death and struggles to expose the killer before it is too late.

I think the film was called 'The Man who Ran'

The Fugitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Do we win the Gold for embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

seamus wrote: »
    To be fair, if he was 100% in the mire on this one, one would have expected him to feign a very serious illness and fly home rather than risk getting picked up by the Brazilian authorities. So it may just be a routine arrest as part of the inquiry.

I agree Seamus - that is unless he IS so arrogant that he thought he could get away with it.
    I don't think the athletes will feel bad about 'the blazer boys' getting one in the eye, for a change.
    However, despite what a lot of us my feel, viscerally, he is innocent until proven guilty.
    In a way its great that this 'scalping, ICO, FIFA etc. are being exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

lawred2 wrote: »
    no

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

ffs, on the off chance that I'm not being would up and ye are actually that thick...

The Rape Of Lucretia

He reminds me of the head of police in LA Confidential.

Just the air that...he's untouchable. I mean, insisting a meeting was excellent while the other side said it was terrible...it's like just closing the eyes and blocking the ears and going "tra la la la la la la la" through the entire matter.

Do we win the Gold for embarrassment

If we don't it will be because the judges are "****in' cheats" and "cheatin' bastards" and I don't give a **** that I am cursin' live on Boards.

ffs, on the off chance that I'm not being would up and ye are actually that thick...

The Rape Of Lucretia

Oops... feel thick now. Was mixing up acronym and anagram.

Scuttles off redfaced to sign up for further education classes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

VinLieger wrote:
    Theres too much lining up for this to have no substance, also what innocent man runs from the police?

Harrison Ford in The Fugitive.

Also Harrison Ford in Frantic.

• Advertisement

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »

Harrison ford in star wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

There seems to be a perpetual auora of duplicity around figures like hickey, maybe it's the smug poo faced self satisfaction or the seemingly teflon ability to deflect hard questions without scrutiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

No just this one but right across boards and other forums: the language is being changed slightly: best to put on the ignore list.:D

I see thanks, if someone wants to look foolish every day...good luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Love some of the headlines, Twitter on fire.. Sure Not that many people know who he is here let alone the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ross must be wetting himself laughing.

Any laugh he gets will be short lived, his attempt at Ministry has been a total embarrassment, horrendously out of his depth.

He is literally going to show himself up again in the coming days, just know it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Any laugh he gets will be short lived, his attempt at Ministry has been a total embarrassment, horrendously out of his depth.

He is literally going to show himself up again in the coming days, just know it.

How would he influence a criminal investigation by the looks or it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »

Surely it would have to be David Janssen in The Fugitive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

There are a lot of issues with Mr Hickey that the media is not aware of. Only one person I know has taken him to the high Court,you need a lot of money to fight this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Harrison ford in star wars

He might have run from the police The Empire , but he sure wasn't innocent!

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    There are a lot of issues with Mr Hickey that the media is not aware of. Only one person I know has taken him to the high Court,you need a lot of money to fight this guy.

I don't think the Brazilians care who he thinks he is ?

Advertisement