Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Sorry, I missed the "one of" parts.
    Checked the history there, he was tested 3 times in Q2. Which is about normal for a known fighter. Brock, Cyborg, Woodley, Yoel and Chad all tested 4-6 times.

Speaking of Chad, was the substances he popped for ever released?

A growth hormone releaser called GHRP-6 which he took in cream form, it's used in anti-aging creams and has next to no use for athletes unless it's injected in specific doses and stacked with other substances.

Tigger wrote: »
    Long time ago I was told I have asthema
    But it's ok here is a leaflet explaining that loads and loads of athletes have asthema and are really good
    Turns out if you want to get ahead step one was be registered as an asthema sufferer

Half the Irish rugby team at one of the world cups a few years back had asthma, apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Half the Irish rugby team at one of the world cups a few years back had asthma, apparently.

Ha thats a new one I call label potential cheats with,''he looks asthmatic'' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Ha thats a new one I call label potential cheats with,''he looks asthmatic'' :pac:

see a lad coughing and you know the jig is up then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Jones via Submission
    darced wrote: »

wasnt the negative in comp tests sent to that cowboy lab they were using though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision

It's unlikely he was using it on it's own as a PED and it's also unlikely he would be stupid enough to stack it with stuff that gives it a benefit because they have long half lifes and the over all benefit wouldn't be worth the risk.
    It would be easier to micro-dose more beneficial PED's and a have a much lower rick of getting caught.

Sounds like he was trying to give himself a youthful glow to offset all the time he spends in the sun killing ****.

Jones via Submission
    yeah it looks like it was a mistake on his part, which is fairly hilarious after some of the comments when he popped first and it ending up being skin cream :D:D they made any announcement as to his ban or anything? who was the other guy and it turned out to be epo?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,128 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

On gsp, he should notify usada and enter the pool himself if he intends to fight so he can have four months testing under his belt and is free to compete after that four month period.
    You just repeated your last post. That's not the question.
    The previously suggestion was that they should be in it the moment they indicate they'll fight return? Which GSP has already done.

USADA testing is a huge pain in the ass, I wouldn't expect any fighter to put themselves into it before they have a contract signed. Nothing to do with cheating, why would you leave yourself open for wake-up calls and whereabouts.
    A growth hormone releaser called GHRP-6 which he took in cream form, it's used in anti-aging creams and has next to no use for athletes unless it's injected in specific doses and stacked with other substances.
    How do we know he took it in cream form? As opposed to injecting it or stacking it? THe silence/delay from USADA on these issues is annoying.

I thought he "admission" at the time was him holding his hands up owning it. But reading back, it looks like he could be saying he didn't do his homework on the cream.
    That's common for vegas fight. One set is to the a WADA accredited lab.
    And another they send sample to Quest labs. I think even in the USADA era, NSAC have done their own testing. The labs don't always do the same tests.

Nick Diaz gave 6 samples on fight night when he fought Silva.

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    who was the other guy and it turned out to be epo?

Gleison Tibeau.

Got popped, the whole world comes out ans says they knew it all along by looking at him, didn't pass the smell test, etc.
    Two weeks later it's reveal he was on EPO. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: Folks a reminder of the rules on the charter as regards accusations on steroid use etc. Some comments on other threads overstepping the mark so if you arent aware of the charter I would suggest reading through it and avoiding any unnecessary bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Sorry for being ignorant on the subject but could someone explain the smell test to me please?

Its been mentioned loads of times in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

outside what could conceivably be obtained naturally fails the smell test

Sorry for being ignorant on the subject but could someone explain the smell test to me please?
    The smell test/the sight test.

Something that "smells funny". Somebody who looks like they must be on steroids.

As you can imagine, it's a shaky concept. It's mostly said in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jones via KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »

As you can imagine, it's a shaky concept. It's mostly said in jest.

True. But to be fair, it usually holds up in the long run.

John_D80 wrote: »
    True. But to be fair, it usually holds up in the long run.
    No doubt it's been confirm in a few cases. But in the majority it hasn't.
    People just remember the positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jones is playing the tainted supplements card by looking at his Twitter. Has sent the product to a lab to be tested..... Oh Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ASOT wrote: »
    Jones is playing the tainted supplements card by looking at his Twitter. Has sent the product to a lab to be tested..... Oh Jon.

If that hiding under the ring story that Chael told is true, all the tests in the world ain't gonna do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If that hiding under the ring story that Chael told is true, all the tests in the world ain't gonna do

Due to Chael's relaxed attitude towards telling the truth in the past I think everything he says is questionable.

If we choose to believe his story about Jon hiding then we should also choose to believe that he thinks Jones is innocent in terms of not knowingly taking anything banned. He spoke at length during same interview about why a guilty fighter would never do a presser after a positive result.

Its Jones birthday today, anyone want to spin the wheel of misfortune to guess what he's going to do wrong celebrating?

• Advertisement

That story's long been out there before Chael said it lads, the only story he broke was about the estrogen and he was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »
    That story's long been out there before Chael said it lads, the only story he broke was about the estrogen and he was right.

I don't know whether the story is true or not. My only thought on it is that its ridiculous :D My point were basically, once someone is a known liar anything they say is questionable(same way as when someone busts for peds I think the rest of their career comes into question in my mind).

thought this was a funny pic
    CnrVbYoWgAIJKQ6.jpg

Apparently Hunt posted it saying the tattoo should be on the cheaters arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

My mate done a not as good version of that and hunt RT it the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Brock also failed an in competition test as well. It's for the same substance.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/19/12230962/brock-lesnar-also-failed-in-competition-drug-test-at-ufc-200

Jones via Submission
    Fromvert wrote: »
    Brock also failed an in competition test as well. It's for the same substance.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/19/12230962/brock-lesnar-also-failed-in-competition-drug-test-at-ufc-200

ill never understand all the hush hush as to the identity of the substance, in comp positive is another indicator its not one of the ''big'' peds because unless brock knew he was going to fail and didnt give a sh!t, id say either brock or his doctors are experts at gaming drug tests and fight night is just about the only time you can be 100% sure youre getting tested

His urine probably melted the cup they shouldn't have even needed to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Same stuff as jon jones.

Is this worse for jones as it was obvious brock was on all sorts. Now their names are linked

Jones via Submission
    Same stuff as jon jones.

Is this worse for jones as it was obvious brock was on all sorts. Now their names are linked

:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jones via KO/TKO
    Depp wrote: »
    ill never understand all the hush hush as to the identity of the substance, in comp positive is another indicator its not one of the ''big'' peds because unless brock knew he was going to fail and didnt give a sh!t, id say either brock or his doctors are experts at gaming drug tests and fight night is just about the only time you can be 100% sure youre getting tested

Don't see the problem towards not making exact substance public right away myself leave it up to the athlete its their problem.

one of the "big" PEDs??

No IV easily coulda done him on inability to pass the tests fight night

• Advertisement

No IV easily coulda done him on inability to pass the tests fight night

If somebody is taking PEDs why would they bother to stick to the no IV rules.

Advertisement