Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If Brock had missed weight he would have forfeited 20% of his purse to Hunt but because he only got popped for steroids he doesn't have to give Hunt a dime.

UFC need to take a long hard look at themselves allowing this to continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Devastator wrote: »
    If Brock had missed weight he would have forfeited 20% of his purse to Hunt but because he only got popped for steroids he doesn't have to give Hunt a dime.

If they really gave a crap contracts would say if you're found guilty and get a ban you forefit your ppv points and lose a % of your fight pay.

Fighters don't get paid immediately anyway so it's completely doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Well that's just magical, I thought he'd be smart, rich and have enough people around him to avoid it.
    I was told WWE testing was legit and he was a natural freak hahahaha.

If they don't pass the eye and smell test, you know there's something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Find it hard to get too worked up about this stuff. Prob 80% of UFC fighters are on the gear unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was one of those "muppets" you're referring to. To be frank, at the time the evidence was there to imply he was in the clear. Obviously that is now not the case. Have no problem admitting when I was wrong.
    Fair play for holding the hands up and saying I was wrong. Can't do any more than that.

• Advertisement

It's really unlikely, but how funny would all the "lol obvious" post be if it comes back as EPO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Find it hard to get too worked up about this stuff. Prob 80% of UFC fighters are on the gear unfortunately.

80%? Don't you know that everyone in the UFC is on steroids?

Afaik that's a NSAC ruling not a UFC one. They control the fines for missing weight, PEDs. Depending on when he failed the test, they could fine him. They are pushing for a new rule where it's 50+% of the purse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Afaik that's a NSAC ruling not a UFC one. They control the fines for missing weight, PEDs. Depending on when he failed the test, they could fine him. They are pushing for a new rule where it's 50+% of the purse

Yeah but that 50% goes to the NSAC, which is a heap of ****.

• Advertisement

Yeah but that 50% goes to the NSAC, which is a heap of ****.

I agree, it should go to the opponent, or half it at least.
    I was just pointing out that the UFC have no say in fining athletes for regulatory issues, nor should they as the can't self regulate.

Fight night bonuses are non-regulatory and they pull them from guys who fail.

Mellor wrote: »

Yep, I read that in the link posted by ASOT earlier too :pac:;)

A 50% fine for failing a test sounds like a good idea. The harsher the punishment the more likely it is fighters will not juice. With the amount of failed tests still coming through it seems the punishments are not enough of a deterrent to the fighters. NSAC keeping any fines is a load of balls though :mad:

Brock has spoken "We'll get to the bottom of this.".....insightful eh :p

And just to finish this post a few thoughts from Dana last week :D:D

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/752217168180305921

Yep, I read that in the link posted by ASOT earlier too :pac:;)
    Lol I didn't notice.
    Seen it on FB. NSAC should have done mney over, but doubt they will. Law onto themselves in those matters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Have to say the yellow canvas looks grand from the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good man Dana.

71ad28ca42e6e0c0f745075c0e6aa406.png

Paully D wrote: »
    Good man Dana.

deja vu :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission
    bit weird how since signing initially he was reportedly tested 8 times in his first two weeks and fails on the 28th, super annoying that they dont announce the substance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ASOT wrote: »

I'm fiding it hard to feel much sympathy for Hunt in this case, if he knew Brock was juiced up and dangerous then he shouldn't have signed to fight him in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I'm fiding it hard to feel much sympathy for Hunt in this case, if he knew Brock was juiced up and dangerous then he shouldn't have signed to fight him in the first place

Hunt signs up based on the understanding his opponent will be clean as per usafa.

UFC conveniently arranged brock in such a way that his fight would be over over before results came back.

• Advertisement

Hunt signs up based on the understanding his opponent will be clean as per usafa.

UFC conveniently arranged brock in such a way that his fight would be over over before results came back.

That the problem I have with this whole episode,it brings the sport into disrepute,they knew what they were playing at complete smash and grab from ufc and Brock,while Hunt gets his head pounded in.

Jones via Submission

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/16/12204914/brock-lesnar-passed-multiple-other-usada-drug-tests-before-ufc-200

brock had clean test results come back before the fight so theres no 'convenient arranging' from the ufc so you can put your tinfoil hat away

Depp wrote: »
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/16/12204914/brock-lesnar-passed-multiple-other-usada-drug-tests-before-ufc-200

brock had clean test results come back before the fight so theres no 'convenient arranging' from the ufc so you can put your tinfoil hat away

Im guessing he was on some good **** he was told was ''untraceable'' and its backfired,he literally couldnt keep clean for 1 month.

He should have been in the testing pool for four months.

Everyne knew he was on something and most likely cycling off. They convienetly arranged it where he only had to be clean for 4 weeks. No tin foil hat. He could t do it. They get their 4billion and the company looks like a joke

Jones via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Im guessing he was on some good **** he was told was ''untraceable'' and its backfired,he literally couldnt keep clean for 1 month.

doubt that tbh, if he popped for something like that he would have popped in the earlier tests, either something innocuous like clenbuterol or he was microdosing testosterone or something and the testers came at the wrong time

doubt that tbh, if he popped for something like that he would have popped in the earlier tests, either something innocuous like clenbuterol or he was microdosing testosterone or something and the testers came at the wrong time

Took almost 3 weeks to get results back. So in reality, with a 4 week run up he only had to pass the tests he took the first week and a half. Thats convenient. Ufc knew, Brock knew, we all knew. Im surprised he managed to pass a test

Jones via Submission
    He should have been in the testing pool for four months.

Everyne knew he was on something and most likely cycling off. They convienetly arranged it where he only had to be clean for 4 weeks. No tin foil hat. He could t do it. They get their 4billion and the company looks like a joke

the 4 month thing has kindve been shown up to be bollocks at this stage as it doesnt apply to new fighters, Landon Vannata wasnt in the pool for 4 months and look how well he performed? dont see anyone complaining, not saying brock should get a pass for pissing hot but we should wait till we know what he actually popped for before getting all hot and bothered

Jones via Submission
    other problem I have with usada, they can test jon jones b sample in a day, but his a sample takes three weeks?

the 4 month thing has kindve been shown up to be bollocks at this stage as it doesnt apply to new fighters, Landon Vannata wasnt in the pool for 4 months and look how well he performed? dont see anyone complaining, not saying brock should get a pass for pissing hot but we should wait till we know what he actually popped for before getting all hot and bothered

They draft fighters in to cover fights who arent in the pool on short notice. I presume as soo. As they are signed they go into pool. They knew about brock longer than 4 weeks, thats the issue.

• Advertisement

Jones via Submission
    They draft fighters in to cover fights who arent in the pool on short notice. I presume as soo. As they are signed they go into pool. They knew about brock longer than 4 weeks, thats the issue.

thats an assumption, not a fact. the contract was only signed the friday before 199, how could they put him in the testing pool before hed signed a contract?

Advertisement