Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I was always open to the possibility that he was juicing but I never wanted to believe it being such a big fan of his, really shîte news but they all get caught eventually. I'd say himself and Dana knew well but they wanted to get the numbers in for 200 either way. Brock still has his pro-wrestling career to make millions off (WWE won't take any action against him I bet) so I'd say he's not even that pushed about it all.

Still pissed off though, but not awfully surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jones via KO/TKO
    Does Lesnar really give a **** though I wonder? Made 2.5 million (disclosed) and god knows how much more from the PPV. He'll get a 6 month ban (or thereabouts) for a first offence and be back in time for another huuuuuuge payday before he retires for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,147 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

hqdefault.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cormier via Submission
    darced wrote: »

did you read what I wrote in the brackets? Not that hard to understand what I said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

John_D80 wrote: »
    Does Lesnar really give a **** though I wonder? Made 2.5 million (disclosed) and god knows how much more from the PPV. He'll get a 6 month ban (or thereabouts) for a first offence and be back in time for another huuuuuuge payday before he retires for good.

Two year ban now, unless it actually was tainted supps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/740951660218978304

Gotta feel for Hunt,no contest now means nowt to his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

No lad at his age should have that muscle mass, that is obvious ffs, If you think someone can look like that naturally you are ignoring human biology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

giphy.gif

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/740951660218978304

Gotta feel for Hunt,no contest now means nowt to his pocket.

I would imagine he'll get a nice little bonus from dana and co tbh

• Advertisement

Jones via KO/TKO
    ASOT wrote: »
    Two year ban now, unless it actually was tainted supps.

Wow, was it always 2 years for first offence? Seem to remmeber it used to be 6 or 9 months or something like that.

Wow, was it always 2 years for first offence? Seem to remmeber it used to be 6 or 9 months or something like that.

Since the new rules in October its two years for the first offence, means And Yoel both managed to get reduced sentences because of tainted supps though.

I would imagine he'll get a nice little bonus from dana and co tbh

Dangerous precedent to set giving people compensation,everyone will want it after fighting a juicer,

This kind of stuff makes a mockery of the sport no skin of my nose but how can it get bigger when people are laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cormier via Submission
    darced wrote: »

Beause I've been a fan of him since he started pro wrestling, jaysus . . .

CncWKU1XgAAH4UW.jpg

Looked clean to me,complete misunderstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I've read few different estimations(guesses basically), seem to range between 7.5 & 10mil :eek:

Dangerous precedent to set giving people compensation,everyone will want it after fighting a juicer,

This kind of stuff makes a mockery of the sport no skin of my nose but how can it get bigger when people are laughing at it.

IT is, But there wasn't really one person who knows about fighting even remotely convinced Brock was clean, Oh here's your exemption, Look at you looking like a bodybuilder at 40, oh just step in and fight, no problem, MArk Hunt has been saying your juiced off your head.

I'd say mark will get well looked after for taking the fight

Jones via KO/TKO
    Devastator wrote: »
    I've read few different estimations(guesses basically), seem to range between 7.5 & 10mil :eek:

I'd easily believe those kinda numbers. PPV is where its at really in terms of pulling in the bucks.

What a complete fail ufc 200 has been,awful.

• Advertisement

I'd easily believe those kinda numbers. PPV is where its at really in terms of pulling in the bucks.

Could do, without PPV numbers its hard to know. We knew it was gonna be a huge amount to get him back. I heard Jones' manager talking on mmahour few days ago and he said Jones was due to get more than Brock!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,147 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

From a UFC perspective? Monetary wise they will be very happy I would imagine, also they have started a cross over with huge potential due to 200. I don't think complete fail is appropriate.

Some **** storm of a card alright with the fights having to be rearranged and all that, but from a financial point of view I think they will view it as a success, from a fan POV the card could have been so much better but I did enjoy it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jones via KO/TKO

Very underwhelming for sure, felt sorta like 198 great card didn't deliver on the night, similar end to the night too in fact with the current champion getting blitzed by the challenger in the main event.

RDA/Alvarez card was the best top to bottom of the 4 cards

Joanna v Claudia was the best fight over last weekend then the crazy Ferguson bout on Wed which almost had an upset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

can a mod unlock the other ufc200 thread so I can point and laugh at all the people who argued he was clean! Im laughing my head off and angry at the same time, no athlete should be put in a situation where they are being pounded in the head by a juiced up fighter , hes 285lbs of muscle at 38yrs of age, its INSANE! and he still couldnt knock out Hunt

everyone knows a lad back in secondary school who was bigger than all the others, he had a beard early, could get served in pubs, was muscular. Brock had broad bone structure, but competed in sports that are notorious for steroids. it doesnt matter what your genetics are, father time catches up with everyone. 38yr olds dont have the natural testosterone levels to support 285lbs of muscle, and thats not a lazy 'athelte' like a bodybuilder , Brock does plenty of cardio too.

Ill say it again, take away his unnatural size and strength advantage and hes easily beatable, that was his trump card, get on top off you with that mass ,manhandle you and pound away, and that advantage no longer exists in a USADA UFC

can a mod unlock the other ufc200 thread so I can point and laugh at all the people who argued he was clean! Im laughing my head off and angry at the same time, no athlete should be put in a situation where they are being pounded in the head by a juiced up fighter , hes 285lbs of muscle at 38yrs of age, its INSANE! and he still couldnt knock out Hunt

everyone knows a lad back in secondary school who was bigger than all the others, he had a beard early, could get served in pubs, was muscular. Brock had broad bone structure, but competed in sports that are notorious for steroids. it doesnt matter what your genetics are, father time catches up with everyone. 38yr olds dont have the natural testosterone levels to support 285lbs of muscle, and thats not a lazy 'athelte' like a bodybuilder , Brock does plenty of cardio too.

Ill say it again, take away his unnatural size and strength advantage and hes easily beatable, that was his trump card, get on top off you with that mass ,manhandle you and pound away, and that advantage no longer exists in a USADA UFC

He is clean though, it's all just a misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Devastator wrote: »
    Could do, without PPV numbers its hard to know. We knew it was gonna be a huge amount to get him back. I heard Jones' manager talking on mmahour few days ago and he said Jones was due to get more than Brock!

https://twitter.com/MMASupremacy/status/753671949818232832

https://twitter.com/MMASupremacy/status/753672264852254720

https://twitter.com/MMASupremacy/status/753672913614692353

Jones via KO/TKO

Could just quote them from there and lob them in here tbh, mostly the same lurkers I'd suspect and saves 2 threads going on n all that jazz

and thats what happens when you get buy your supplements from this guy

CnccsynWcAAXvfO.jpg

• Advertisement

Jones via KO/TKO
    From 1:27 :D

Advertisement