Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

mdwexford wrote: »
    Surprised at this comment.

We all know you are always improving in this game.

He's the youngest fighter on the roster, none of the greats were at their best and well rounded at 20.

He obviously has lots of holes but 2-3 years in a top camp and 8-10 fights and he will be a hell of a lot better.

I think he will be at least a top 5 guy in the future.

That Asian kid is 19 and would take his head of his shoulders and hes 10lb lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gamebred wrote: »
    That Asian kid is 19 and would take his head of his shoulders and hes 10lb lighter.

If you're thinking about Superboy, he's 25.
    Most guys don't even get to the UFC until they're in their mid 20s. Although Sage doesn't look up to it, I'd like to see them give him 6-12 months between fights, let him improve in the gym.

Fromvert wrote: »
    If you're thinking about Superboy, he's 25.
    Most guys don't even get to the UFC until they're in their mid 20s. Although Sage doesn't look up to it, I'd like to see them give him 6-12 months between fights, let him improve in the gym.

**** off he is not 25 you're winding me up :eek: I thought he was younger than 19 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Depp wrote: »
    people seem to have the idea its sages fault other fighters are on sh!t money, chaps got huge potential and he draws numbers so hes paid accordingly, tj is to blame for tjs pay. lot of the hate sage gets really seems to stem from jealousy or something!

^ This.
    Fans are always complaining about fighters being underpaid. Here we have a guy who managed to pen a decent deal and he gets slated for it.

But I've no issue criticising his ability. I haven't rated him from the start. The reaction when he steamrolled Trevino was a bit OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gamebred wrote: »
    **** off he is not 25 you're winding me up :eek: I thought he was younger than 19 tbh

Haha, he does look like a child but I heard one of the commentators say he was was 20 something so googled it.
    Does anyone know if he's done his military service in Korea yet? I don't want him taken away for two years like the Korean Zombie.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Haha, he does look like a child but I heard one of the commentators say he was was 20 something so googled it.
    Does anyone know if he's done his military service in Korea yet? I don't want him taken away for two years like the Korean Zombie.

Probably be near the top of the division in 2 or 3 years and be hauled back to Korea Ha Korean Zombie is back by the end of this year I think,

Thought he was gonna get taken down and dominated the weekend hope they take it handy with him let him murder siver or something next,him Holloway and Yair Rodriguez could dominate that division in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Depp wrote: »
    ... just think its silly to write off a 20 year old who until now has only ever trained with is dad in the garden basically.

He did his karat-a-saults BS with his dad but he's also been training at a Gracie Barra for a number of years. He has a purple belt, and has competed in a fiar few grappling comps.
    I was really surprised when I heard that, as he really doesn't look remotely close to purple belt level. I'd guess he was given an easy promotion in BJJ as he was dominating guys at blue with his physical advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Jones via KO/TKO
    I think Sage getting trashed by a proper opponent would do good for him in the long run. Should encourage him to take an extended break from fighting and work on his game in a top gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ooh that's not nice to see.

• Advertisement

An Idiot you think she'd of had her weight cut on point for her first title defence main eventing ufc 200 she was out on blow up lilo's a few days beforehand,took Nunes for granted paid the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Ooh that's not nice to see.

First time anyone's ever said that about a Miesha photo on boards :( Bad times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

scudzilla wrote:
    Thought i'd start this thread as most other threads at the moment have all sorts of questions from newbies to the sport, and i guess it's only going to grow after the rise of Conor

Devastator wrote:
    First time anyone's ever said that about a Miesha photo on boards Bad times

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw it. Haha

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/754082391874867200

So many absolute muppets on here that defended him head in the clouds lads come back to planet earth

Mod:No need for abuse, have a bit of cop on. Next time its a lengthy ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Surely there was a frank conversation between lesnar and the ufc, i wouldnt be surprised if dana knew and just wanted to cash in anyway

Surely there was a frank conversation between lesnar and the ufc, i wouldnt be surprised if dana knew and just wanted to cash in anyway

100% agree,I dont know weather to trust Usada the way they pulled Jones is admirable and they say there no names on the tests but this sounds fishy,

The sport is absolutely rancid with freak shows like this embarassing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Jones via Submission
    Gamebred wrote:
    So many absolute muppets on here that defended him head in the clouds lads come back to planet earth

I was one of those "muppets" you're referring to. To be frank, at the time the evidence was there to imply he was in the clear. Obviously that is now not the case. Have no problem admitting when I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Laughing all the way to the bank.

I was one of those "muppets" you're referring to. To be frank, at the time the evidence was there to imply he was in the clear. Obviously that is now not the case. Have no problem admitting when I was wrong.

I respect you for being big enough to admit you were wrong,

The signing of him a month out stinks,4 weeks of testing and still couldnt get off the stuff,40 year old men cant look like that naturally he was in better shape than he was 5 year ago,

Wonder what the substance is,his cardio looked great so might be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yeah I always thought he was massive and didn't think he would be stupid enough to be on anything now but I was wrong too.

So I beg forgiveness!!

Always a Brock fan and feel let down now :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jones via KO/TKO
    It was painfully obvious he's been juicing all his adult life if not longer. People just chose not to see what was right in front of their faces. Humans just aren't meant to look like that!!

Jones via KO/TKO
    darced wrote: »

What a shocker! Who'd have thunk it?!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Cormier via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission
    youd think with the money being spent they could get those results out a bit quicker! really wish theyd announce the substance

Jones via KO/TKO
    darced wrote: »

Yup and ate all his veg every day of course!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cormier via Submission
    God damn. It hurts if Lesnar has popped positive (as obvious as it was)

Jones via KO/TKO
    Who is really shocked at this revelation seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I'm a white boy and I piss hot, deal with it - Brock Lesnar

Advertisement