Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Event Thread - Cormier v Jones 2

Options
  • 01-07-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

cf24e5a09939f56f320c5cc91dcf6832.png

Date: Saturday 9th July
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Las Vegas
    Odds: Cormier (11/4) v Jones (4/11)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 31 votes

Cormier via KO/TKO
    0%
    Cormier via Submission
    12%
    callaway92Richard teaLeeJMTommy Kelly 4 votes
    Cormier via Decision
    3%
    darced 1 vote
    Jones via KO/TKO
    48%
    xtal191AbusesToiletssmilerfshocksyBOHtoxUseful.Idiot14murphySpudman_20000John_D80Wrongway1985qwabercdakelly02fermanagh_manTimRigginsWhelo79 15 votes
    Jones via Submission
    25%
    dave1982jimmiiDeppLoughcEasy RodA Rogue HoboSaipannelougal88 8 votes
    Jones via Decision
    9%
    seiphildickwod1Amazingfun 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So many class fights. Can't wait for Frankie Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Where do you even start with a card like that. Gonna have to stay away from the beer for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Jones via KO/TKO
    Going for DC in the main, think he'll be able to get it done. Don't think Jones is at the same level that he was at last January and I think DC will come in alot less emotional be able to get success with dirty boxing and takedown to score points. I think he has showed great improvements too and was very impressed about how he was able to outstrike Guus in his last fight. I also think training with Cain alot will have him well prepared too.

I do think Brock will beat Hunt too, he can stay away from the big right hand and put everything into takedowns. That fight is a toss up though, impossible to know how Brock will look.

Tate should beat Nunes, Aldo/Frankie is another toss up, have to see what Aldo looks like after the McGregor fight.

Can't freaking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ahhhhhh. So happy it's this week. Dying to see how Aldo looks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Why do we need two threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jones via Submission
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why do we need two threads?

There's always an event thread! Only the big events get a discussion thread as well everything will go here from now on it should do anyway. The Paully event thread is an institution round here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Hope Aldo wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Surprised they brought up the hit and run so much in that video. He was so lucky to get out of that. Recently joking about having someone to drive him. Still a joke to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Petermc83

cannot wait for this week!!! the best card of all time.. from top to bottom, great fights!

will be rooting for Cormier but i think Jones will have the skillset to win the battle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'd thought Jones would take this without a doubt, but the closer it gets I'm not as sure. Cormier has a real chance and has improved as a fighter since he first fought Jones, and now has the confidence and experience of winning championship fights.

Still think Jones will get the decision but it will be close. Probably just as well for him that DC wasn't fit for 197.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I think Frankie will beat Aldo quite easily probably stop him,arguably beat him in the first fight Aldo hasnt got any better since imo a war with Mendes which rearranged his face then being ko'd by McGregor which was nearly 2 ko's seen as he woke up hitting the ground and got hammer fisted back unconscious,Frankie by tko rd 3 or 4 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Jones via KO/TKO
    shrewdness wrote: »
    I'd thought Jones would take this without a doubt, but the closer it gets I'm not as sure. Cormier has a real chance and has improved as a fighter since he first fought Jones, and now has the confidence and experience of winning championship fights.

Still think Jones will get the decision but it will be close. Probably just as well for him that DC wasn't fit for 197.

Gotta agree with you here. The confidence issue is gonna play a big part. DC now knows he can win and defend the belt here. People say "Ring Rust" isn't actually true but jones didn't look as smooth or focused against OSP. I think its now or never for DC and he has a great chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

14murphy wrote: »
    Gotta agree with you here. The confidence issue is gonna play a big part. DC now knows he can win and defend the belt here. People say "Ring Rust" isn't actually true but jones didn't look as smooth or focused against OSP. I think its now or never for DC and he has a great chance.

How? :confused: I don't understand that at all. He's still 0-1 against Jones, so he doesn't know he can beat him(the only guy that did beat him). He won the belt against another contender, luckily because the fight was nearly over inside a minute and he split decisioned against another contender who Jones had closely beaten also. Just because he won & defended the belt while the actual champ was banned doesn't hold any water with me. To be the best you got to beat the best, DC hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jones via Submission

Solid watch if you've 40 minutes spare! starting to get hype for this card big time!

Edit; Didnt realise this was posted already, my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm actually sick of hearing DC give out about how much of a bad person Bones is and and how he wants to teach him a lesson. He goes on a rant how Jon is all he thinks about and then ends with I don't care about Jon or what he does. I just want Jones to beat him again so everyone can move on.

The Brock/Hunt & Aldo/Edgar are both more interesting for me for very different reasons.

Also, can the 2 threads be merged?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will Bruce Buffer attempt another Buffer 360 since the last one was at UFC 100? :)

Will Aldo v Edgar be 3 rounds as normal?
    edit: forgot its for interim belt, so will be 5

Paully D wrote: »
    Will Bruce Buffer attempt another Buffer 360 since the last one was at UFC 100? :)

He's going to try the Buffer 720 and do his cruciate.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    I think Frankie will beat Aldo quite easily probably stop him,arguably beat him in the first fight Aldo hasnt got any better since imo a war with Mendes which rearranged his face then being ko'd by McGregor which was nearly 2 ko's seen as he woke up hitting the ground and got hammer fisted back unconscious,Frankie by tko rd 3 or 4 I reckon.

The big question here is how will Aldo respond to getting KOed. But I agree with you, he's arguably been on the slide a little and that Mendes fight took a lot out of him even before he met McGregor. Meanwhile Frankie has been on a serious run and he's on a mission to get that belt. Frankie is good odds at 5/6.

It would be great if a fire has been lit under him and we seen the old WEC Aldo though, it could be a hell of a scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Jones via KO/TKO
    shrewdness wrote: »
    The big question here is how will Aldo respond to getting KOed. But I agree with you, he's arguably been on the slide a little and that Mendes fight took a lot out of him even before he met McGregor. Meanwhile Frankie has been on a serious run and he's on a mission to get that belt. Frankie is good odds at 5/6.

It would be great if a fire has been lit under him and we seen the old WEC Aldo though, it could be a hell of a scrap.

I think its a good styles match up for Jose though. He has unbelievable takedown defense and he is a better striker. I do think Frankie may KO him, especially if he's abit chinny after the Mendes and McGregor fights but if it goes the distance I think Aldo takes it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm actually sick of hearing DC give out about how much of a bad person Bones is and and how he wants to teach him a lesson. He goes on a rant how Jon is all he thinks about and then ends with I don't care about Jon or what he does. I just want Jones to beat him again so everyone can move on.

The Brock/Hunt & Aldo/Edgar are both more interesting for me for very different reasons.

Also, can the 2 threads be merged?

DC seems to be one of the worst trash talkers in the UFC, he's really bad at it.

He actually tees Jones up half the time and makes it easy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Can not wait for this, so many good match ups from start to finish, on paper they have got this right, gonna be an unbelievable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Looking at the countdown video, brock looks shredded. USADA exemption looks to be well timed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Aldo must be the oldest 29 year old in the game jesus he looks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The thread curse strikes again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The title of this thread makes me sad....

Tried to have a nap. Didn't work. Feel like a kid at Christmas. Buzzing for this fight. Even some of my pals are coming down to watch it. Bandwagonin' sons of biatches. ;)

Coffee, beer, hot dogs and wings followed by sleep deprivation.

Feels like the past few hours have been crawling by :( I cant even open the beers yet because I'll be way to drunk to enjoy the fights if i too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jones via Submission
    Screen-Shot-2016-07-09-at-2.03.11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-07-09-at-1.11.03-PM.png

Brock @ UFC 100 TOP

Brock @UFC 200 BOTTOM

Advertisement