Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The service to Doha isn't scheduled to begin until tomorrow, with the inaugural flight being on the A350, not sure why there's a departure showing for today, also I note that there's no arrival on the boards, only a departure.

Flight number for the DOH-DUB-DOH are QR19/QR20.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Does anyone have any update on the proposed Aer Lingus Dublin - Las Vegas route? I haven't heard anything in a while on this.

I'm not actually asking for Vegas (I've been a few times and can go or pass on another visit tbh) but it would be so much handier for me from a direct/flight time/travel time perspective to a city I have to visit frequently with work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They've increased winter services on other routes so much i doubt the capacity is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Does anyone have any update on the proposed Aer Lingus Dublin - Las Vegas route? I haven't heard anything in a while on this.

I'm not actually asking for Vegas (I've been a few times and can go or pass on another visit tbh) but it would be so much handier for me from a direct/flight time/travel time perspective to a city I have to visit frequently with work.

Mentioned the proposed Vegas route to a friend who's cabin crew, not the best source I know but says it won't happen due to being a low yield destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

EICVD wrote: »
    Mentioned the proposed Vegas route to a friend who's cabin crew, not the best source I know but says it won't happen due to being a low yield destination.

I have only been to Las Vegas a few times, basically for trade shows and as a gateway to doing a road trip. In the past I have been Dublin to Gatwick then Virgin Atlantic to Las Vegas. Every time, the majority of the passengers on the Aer Lingus Dublin to Gatwick flight ended up on the VS flight to Las Vegas.

I would have thought with the tie up with AIG, it would have made sense to Aer Lingus and AIG to keep that traffic for themselves and route other traffic through Dublin, especially with US pre-clearance here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

nkfox wrote: »
    I have only been to Las Vegas a few times, basically for trade shows and as a gateway to doing a road trip. In the past I have been Dublin to Gatwick then Virgin Atlantic to Las Vegas. Every time, the majority of the passengers on the Aer Lingus Dublin to Gatwick flight ended up on the VS flight to Las Vegas.

I would have thought with the tie up with AIG, it would have made sense to Aer Lingus and AIG to keep that traffic for themselves and route other traffic through Dublin, especially with US pre-clearance here.

It's going that way, twice in the past family members flew DUB-LGW-LAS with EI & VS but in the last year another family member flew DUB-PHL-LAS with AA & LAS-LHR-DUB with BA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

nkfox wrote: »

IAG

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

It's going that way, twice in the past family members flew DUB-LGW-LAS with EI & VS but in the last year another family member flew DUB-PHL-LAS with AA & LAS-LHR-DUB with BA.

I think maybe the terminal change of VS and BA at LGW has had an impact on that routing.

I was hoping the LAS direct from DUB would be up for the winter schedule myself as I am over at another show in November. However I am going DUB - SFO - LAS then doing a road trip after the show and returning direct from SFO to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The reason I asked is they (Aer Lingus) said they were going to launch the service in Winter '17:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/aer-lingus-now-planning-direct-flights-to-las-vegas-35417113.html

The reason I asked is they (Aer Lingus) said they were going to launch the service in Winter '17:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/aer-lingus-now-planning-direct-flights-to-las-vegas-35417113.html

It's a bit late now really for that, maybe winter 2018/19?

And a heads up, AIG are an insurance broker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just noticed while checking in on Ryanair's website that Boston and JFK are down as departure airports - no destinations but getting their system ready perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Collie D wrote: »
    Just noticed while checking in on Ryanair's website that Boston and JFK are down as departure airports - no destinations but getting their system ready perhaps?

Probably they're new deal wth Air Europa.

Collie D wrote: »

As above, their connection deal with Air Europa, it's not live yet but soon you'll be able to book flights from airports around Europe to the US via Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Not quite "going to launch". Not even "planning". "Looking at the possibility" might be closer. Never trust an Irish Independent headline. :)
    "We are working to build a business case to operate a seasonal service to Las Vegas," Mr Kavanagh told the Irish Independent.
    "We think there's an opportunity around Las Vegas. Whether it's year-round or just tactically in the winter months, that's what we're looking at."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Flybe starting route to Southend from 29 October 2017. It will be operated by Stobart Air.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Will the aircraft be in a stobart livery, Flybe or will it be in EI regional colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

It will be standard Flybe livery. Stobart Air already operate two ATRs and two Embraers for Flybe out of Southend. I think I saw somewhere that this route will be operated by the Embraers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

VG31 wrote: »
    Flybe starting route to Southend from 29 October 2017. It will be operated by Stobart Air.

When Crossrail opens, Southend might become a bit more attractive for people getting to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When Crossrail opens, Southend might become a bit more attractive for people getting to London.

Could it really compete with the London radial airports?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I don't see the advantage of SEN myself but maybe others do. Ryanair etc can surely compete on price and it doesn't have a geographical advantage like LCY does. Didn't the last attempt at SEN fail from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

marno21 wrote: »
    I don't see the advantage of SEN myself but maybe others do. Ryanair etc can surely compete on price and it doesn't have a geographical advantage like LCY does. Didn't the last attempt at SEN fail from Dublin?

Last two attempts did but they are using a Jet this time which should help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Irishweather

Why fly there when you can fly to STN and hop on the Stansted Express into Liverpool Street? Seems pointless.

Don't see it myself, LHR is by far the best airport for getting around London on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Why fly there when you can fly to STN and hop on the Stansted Express into Liverpool Street? Seems pointless.

Why fly to Heathrow when you can fly into London City and be in the city? Or why fly to Cork when you can fly into Shannon and drive?

SEN has a different catchment area to STN. It's not only people outbound from DUB.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Noxegon wrote:
    Why fly to Heathrow when you can fly into London City and be in the city? Or why fly to Cork when you can fly into Shannon and drive?

Sorry have you ever driven on the borreen between Cork and Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

kub wrote: »
    Sorry have you ever driven on the borreen between Cork and Limerick?

I have, though it wasn't a serious question. I was just pointing out that different airports suit different people. SEN will suit many far better than the other London airports.

Case in point, I'm going to be travelling through FMM next week, which is in the middle of nowhere by any objective definition. It also happens to be less than fifteen minutes drive from where I need to be.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Irishweather

It Can't suit many with only 874,000 passengers in 2016.

AF reduce CDG from 5 to 4 daily with AF (x2), Hop (x1) and WX (x1)

KLM increase AMS from 2 to 5 daily with KL mainline (x2) and City Hopper (x3).

Effective from when?

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Effective from when?
    Winter season, from 29 October.

Advertisement