Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I may be misunderstanding it, but if they have a slot, does that mean that it's possible for that airline to serve that route?

dogcat wrote: »
    I may be misunderstanding it, but if they have a slot, does that mean that it's possible for that airline to serve that route?

Yes correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

That would certainly be a great thing to occur, given that Ryanair no longer serves Morocco from DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Are Ryanair cancelling the Athens route next winter? It's no longer bookable and it operated this past winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Are Ryanair cancelling the Athens route next winter? It's no longer bookable and it operated this past winter.

It's a seasonal route. It starts again for the summer season on 28 March 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,602 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

VG31 wrote: »
    It's a seasonal route. It starts again for the summer season on 28 March 2018.
    Ryanair have operated Dublin-Athens since March 2016 on a year round basis.
    Aer Lingus and Aegean have operated on a seasonal summer only basis.

If they're not operating it next winter then that is a schedule change.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Ryanair have operated Dublin-Athens since March 2016 on a year round basis.
    Aer Lingus and Aegean have operated on a seasonal summer only basis.

If they're not operating it next winter then that is a schedule change.

I know that it was year-round before but it seems to be seasonal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Air Arabia Maroc to Agadir now available from 1/10 twice weekly, 22.15 ex DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Anyone know why United have been sending a 767 instead of a 777 the past few days?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Anyone know why United have been sending a 767 instead of a 777 the past few days?

I read elsewhere they are short 757s and possibly 767s for their summer schedule and thus certain routes have be upgraded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Locker10a wrote: »
    I read elsewhere they are short 757s and possibly 767s for their summer schedule and thus certain routes have be upgraded

But not 777's? Dublin is scheduled for a 777, buy lately it's been a downgrade to 767's. I'm not sure that being short of 757's and 767's explains that

TheFitz13 wrote: »

The scheduled period of 777 ops has finished and it's now a mixed 767-757 operation. I think it's back to double daily as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The scheduled period of 777 ops has finished and it's now a mixed 767-757 operation. I think it's back to double daily as well.

Thought it was staying as a 777 throughout the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ropg

JCX BXC wrote:
    Thought it was staying as a 777 throughout the summer?

777 will be back on 6th May for the summer

I would expects lots of 777/764 switches, only around 20 seats difference so it won't be unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Air Arabia Maroc to Agadir now available from 1/10 twice weekly, 22.15 ex DUB.

more info attached.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-new-service-to-agadir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Rawr

I was looking at some flights between DUB and OSL for this July and I've noticed that SAS are starting to use Cityjet for some of these flights.
    Anyone know more about what might be planned there? Would be they be using a Superjet on that? (SAS normally use a 737-700 / 737-800 on this route)

Would be fun to try out a SSJ :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Rawr wrote: »
    I was looking at some flights between DUB and OSL for this July and I've noticed that SAS are starting to use Cityjet for some of these flights.
    Anyone know more about what might be planned there? Would be they be using a Superjet on that? (SAS normally use a 737-700 / 737-800 on this route)

Would be fun to try out a SSJ :D

I'd imagine it would the CRJ-900's they operate for SAS, though I stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Doesn't look like LAS will come to fruition this year anyway.

January wrote: »
    Doesn't look like LAS will come to fruition this year anyway.

Still wouldn't rule it out but if not announced within 8 weeks not a chance.

Like all things with EI they announce plans and they take forever to move them forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Was reading about a new direct route to Doha and it mentioned the route would be served with 787 Dreamliner, just curious if this would be the first 787 for Dublin or are other routes currently using it?

quazzy wrote: »
    Was reading about a new direct route to Doha and it mentioned the route would be served with 787 Dreamliner, just curious if this would be the first 787 for Dublin or are other routes currently using it?

Ethiopian Airlines to Los Angeles and Addis Ababa already use the 787 at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ethiopian use the 787 on the LAX route.

Qatar are using an A350 to Doha IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Thanks for the insight. Haven't seen one in the flesh so I'll check the schedules when I'm off on my next trip.

No, Qatar will be using the 787 from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The inaugural flight will be an A350, but it's a 787 that will operate the route afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

The inaugural flight will be an A350, but it's a 787 that will operate the route afterwards

That's where I got the 350 then. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

AA will be using the 787 on ORD this summer also.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Its a nice PR move from Qatar to make a splash on the 1st flight, bringing in their flagship aircraft. The mound will be packed ("tickets only €15!!")
    All their adverts about the Dublin route do show the B787 though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tenger wrote: »
    Its a nice PR move from Qatar to make a splash on the 1st flight, bringing in their flagship aircraft. The mound will be packed ("tickets only €15!!")
    All their adverts about the Dublin route do show the B787 though.
    Booking on the QR website indicates its a 787 beyond the first flight also.

Advertisement