Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,614 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

JCX BXC wrote: »
    No they're not, it's winter only.

That's not correct - Marrakech operated last summer twice weekly.

It's not in the Ryanair booking engine for next winter either.

Sounds to me like it has been cancelled.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ryanair announce flash seat sale to celebrate launch of Dublin to Naples service
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-announce-flash-seat-sale-to-celebrate-launch-of-dublin-to-naples-service-35509344.html

Not sure if this had already been discussed here but new Naples route announced by Ryanair.

Interesting that this will launch in October - Aer Lingus already serve Naples but on a summer only basis.

Ryanair are establishing yet another new base in Naples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

honru wrote: »
    Ryanair axing Marrakesh route to DUB at the end of March, thought that would have been doing well.

It was about 60% full when I took it last month.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

That means no scheduled North African destinations any more from Dublin.

Aer Lingus dropped Agadir in March last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Not exactly a Dublin route but I found it interesting, Singapore Airlines Manchester to Houston. I wonder how they got away with that 😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

lxflyer wrote: »
    That's not correct - Marrakech operated last summer twice weekly.

It's not in the Ryanair booking engine for next winter either.

Sounds to me like it has been cancelled.

Just removed so, it was bookable 2x weekly a week ago when I was looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

smurfjed wrote: »
    Not exactly a Dublin route but I found it interesting, Singapore Airlines Manchester to Houston. I wonder how they got away with that 😀😀

For some reason, I am thinking that it used to be Moscow to Houston. One of those fifth freedom flights - or whatever you call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

For some reason, I am thinking that it used to be Moscow to Houston. One of those fifth freedom flights - or whatever you call them.

Yup it used to be Moscow to Houston but changed in October I think. Some very good fares from Manchester to Houston.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Surprised with RAK, I was on it last month and both flight full or almost full, no visible free seats and I've heard of a few people who;ve been there relatively recently/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Mister R wrote: »
    Surprised with RAK, I was on it last month and both flight full or almost full, no visible free seats and I've heard of a few people who;ve been there relatively recently/

Yup, was on it myself in February and 'twas nearly full. The fare was pretty low though; perhaps FR felt they could make more money elsewhere?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

On Naples? I can imagine the fare would be much lower on that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭john boye

The RAK flight would take a fair bit longer tho, I'm sure FR would have factored that in to their decision to change it.

john boye wrote: »
    The RAK flight would take a fair bit longer tho, I'm sure FR would have factored that in to their decision to change it.

Scheduled times:

3hrs 45mins - Marrakesh
    3hrs 15mins - Naples

Very negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭john boye

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Scheduled times:

3hrs 45mins - Marrakesh
    3hrs 15mins - Naples

Very negligible.

Apologies. I was thinking of Agadir but I've just looked it up and even that's not much longer. I've done Agadir a few times and it felt around 4 1/2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Hi there, apologies that this isn't DUB related but would anyone know where I could find a forum or just a list on a website displaying the current routes of the boeing 747-400?

An iconic aircraft that is sadly getting phased out rapidly. I've never had the opportunity to fly on one and its on my bucket list.

Looking to fly on one this summer, if possible. I know you can fly BA or KLM to NYC but I was just looking to know if there's a list somewhere. If no one knows, no problem. I'll keep looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

c773er wrote: »
    An iconic aircraft that is sadly getting phased out rapidly. I've never had the opportunity to fly on one and its on my bucket list

They will be around for many years to come. BA and LH will have them well into the 2020's, there's life in the old bird yet.

Unfortunately, I cant help with your request for a web list of routes, but there are many routes to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

They will be around for many years to come. BA and LH will have them well into the 2020's, there's life in the old bird yet.

That's good to know. I looked up a couple of BA flights to the US for this summer. It's certainly not cheap. Think I'll hold off for now. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi there, apologies that this isn't DUB related but would anyone know where I could find a forum or just a list on a website displaying the current routes of the boeing 747-400?

An iconic aircraft
    KLM still fly a lot of 747s on their HK and KL routes
    e.g. The 17.20 AMS-HKG flight KL887

Use a site like vayama.ie for your searching - they show the aircraft type in the search results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

That's good to know. I looked up a couple of BA flights to the US for this summer. It's certainly not cheap. Think I'll hold off for now. Thanks!

You could do United return to San Fransisco for €430 on the B747-400 each way. I was thinking of booking for October but worried they will phase them out earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

UA and DL will phase their 747's out by the end of this year. BA and LH will have theirs the longest, VS and KL also have a good few years left.

There are several other operators out there still flying them (LY, KE, QF ect) but the six mentioned above would be the most convenient to nab a trip on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Does anyone know when Aer Lingus are due to announce their winter schedule? I'm interested in DUB->LAS but all I can find so far is multiple copies of the same article suggesting it's likely to happen but no details.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

I contacted Aer Lingus as I am going to LAS on the 1st November. Their advice was that I should book my routing via SFO if I needed to be there on that date and wanted to get the current pricing for the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Sigh, thanks for the info. I'll probably go ahead and book some other route and they'll announce the next day...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

mmg0305 wrote: »
    Sigh, thanks for the info. I'll probably go ahead and book some other route and they'll announce the next day...

As long as you book with them you could always change your flights at a later date when/if then announce the route! Yes there may be a fee for this but if you get a good deal on flights now, and it would be worth your while in terms of convenience then it may be worth while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I'm asking this one knows behalf of extended family living in the USA who are wondering if Aer Lingus will offer a direct service between Dallas and Dublin. Anyone know the score with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,185 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm asking this one knows behalf of extended family living in the USA who are wondering if Aer Lingus will offer a direct service between Dallas and Dublin. Anyone know the score with this?

Possibly after entry to Oneworld - 2018+

• Registered Users Posts: 6 333bus

Anyone have details of the Air Canada schedule in Dub?
    Vancouver 4 times weekly ?
    Is torronto going to 10 weekly in s17?

Vancouver is thrice weekly from June to September

For Toronto, one flight operates daily from May to October (5 weekly in April). The second flight operates thrice weekly from June to September.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

lxflyer wrote: »
    Vancouver is thrice weekly from June to September

For Toronto, one flight operates daily from May to October (5 weekly in April). The second flight operates thrice weekly from June to September.

Second is four this year, was planned to do a fourth Vancouver but added and removed twice over before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Second is four this year, was planned to do a fourth Vancouver but added and removed twice over before Christmas.

You're quite right - the Tuesday flight to Toronto is in the booking engine.

www.flightmapper.net (my usual source for advance info until the airport timetable comes out) doesn't seem to reflect that yet!

Advertisement