Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,609 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Makes sense to use the capacity elsewhere during the summer given the closure of London City Airport at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    BA Cityflyer to launch a weekly Ibiza service from 19 May to 29 September. Some good fares.

DUB-IBZ 22.25-02.20 - Friday
    IBZ-DUB 09.00-10.55 - Sunday

http://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/2017-228/8269?ref=Home

That's an awful time to be arriving in Ibiza. Need to book an hotel/ apartment with 24 hour reception. And it rules out families (it is Ibiza :))

Must do a return to somewhere else on Friday AM and more flights on Saturday before returning to Dub. (Which makes it difficult to rent off private owners)

Just noticed: BA are aiming at 1/2 week breaks from Edinburgh and weekend (or longer ie. 9 nights from Dublin) that weekend would might be a bit short ; arrive early in the morning on Saturday and depart early(ish) on Sunday.

joeysoap wrote: »
    That's an awful time to be arriving in Ibiza. Need to book an hotel/ apartment with 24 hour reception. And it rules out families (it is Ibiza :))

Must do a return to somewhere else on Friday AM and more flights on Saturday before returning to Dub. (Which makes it difficult to rent off private owners)

Just noticed: BA are aiming at 1/2 week breaks from Edinburgh and weekend (or longer ie. 9 nights from Dublin) that weekend would might be a bit short ; arrive early in the morning on Saturday and depart early(ish) on Sunday.

It is using the aircraft that would overnight in Dublin on Friday nights off the London City route and then clearly will do some other rotations before returning to Dublin on Sunday morning in time for the reopening of London City.

It would normally lay over in Dublin.

London City is closed every weekend from 12:00 on Saturday till 12:00 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

I was wondering if there is any more news on the Dublin - Las Vegas direct flight. All seems to have gone quiet after the first mention in the Independent article.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

nkfox wrote: »
    I was wondering if there is any more news on the Dublin - Las Vegas direct flight. All seems to have gone quiet after the first mention in the Independent article.

It's only been two weeks, I wouldn't expect an announcement for at least another month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 nkfox

JCX BXC Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

Hi all, well in anticipation of today's route announcement, I decided to try and book a DUB-NYC flight with DY, only to find that I would be routed through Stockholm. There's not been any route announcement, so I may have stumbled upon another route to be announced from DUB in the near future.

In any case, the proposed schedule is as follows.

4 Sep: DY4468: the 10:20 DUB to ARN
    4 Sep: DY7005: the 17:45 ARN to JFK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Stewart - daily from 1 July
    DUB-SWF 16.00-19.00
    SWF-DUB 19.55-07.55

Providence - 5 weekly from 1 July
    DUB-PVD 15.45-19.35
    PVD-DUB 20.00-07.55

Stockholm - 2 weekly from 9 June
    DUB-ARN 10.20-14.00
    ARN-DUB 07.55-09.35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Stewart - daily from 1 July
    DUB-SWF 16.00-19.00
    SWF-DUB 19.55-07.55

Providence - 5 weekly from 1 July
    DUB-PVD 15.45-19.35
    PVD-DUB 20.00-07.55

Stockholm - 2 weekly from 9 June
    DUB-ARN 10.20-14.00
    ARN-DUB 07.55-09.35

Twenty-five minute turnaround in PVD after a transatlantic? That's brave.

I wonder if they're going to do shoehorn in daytime sectors ex-DUB between the transatlantic crossings.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    Twenty-five minute turnaround in PVD after a transatlantic? That's brave.

I wonder if they're going to do shoehorn in daytime sectors ex-DUB between the transatlantic crossings.

I suspect that they could be using one of the other aircraft from Edinburgh or Belfast and are alternating them.

You would need to see the full schedule before arriving at the conclusion in your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

nkfox wrote: »

what im wondering here is the 2nd A330 ariving to EI is due at end of december/early jan but they plan on parking it in Toulouse till the spring,If Vegas is announced it might mean not storing this new arrival..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think if they announce Vegas it's due to start at the start of winter season which is November? They may well lease something until the new A330 arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dzilla

Cravens wrote: »
    Hi all, well in anticipation of today's route announcement, I decided to try and book a DUB-NYC flight with DY, only to find that I would be routed through Stockholm. There's not been any route announcement, so I may have stumbled upon another route to be announced from DUB in the near future.

In any case, the proposed schedule is as follows.

4 Sep: DY4468: the 10:20 DUB to ARN
    4 Sep: DY7005: the 17:45 ARN to JFK

probably before the flights went live. Some cheap options via Stockholm and Oslo with Norweigan if you are prepared to wait. Went to Santorini from Dublin via Oslo a few years ago and price point was fantastic. Had to wait 5 hours in Oslo however, but had a few scoops(on me olidays!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,173 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dzilla wrote: »
    Had to wait 5 hours in Oslo however, but had a few scoops(on me olidays!)

If the prices there are any way similar to Helsinki Airport, bye bye savings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dzilla

L1011 wrote: »
    If the prices there are any way similar to Helsinki Airport, bye bye savings :pac:

6€ a pint iirc. Not cheap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

If anyone has ever done the Woodbury common trip when in NY, its about another 20 minutes past that so expect the bus to take 80-120 minutes from the airport to Mid-town Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dzilla wrote: »
    6€ a pint iirc. Not cheap!

Twice the price of that in Oslo! :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

All I can say, the airline has never served DUB before.

As for A380, when new runway opens, don't see it before then.

Seems it's coming in march, may only be a promotional flight though

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Seems it's coming in march, may only be a promotional flight though
    New thread on this on pp prune. Refers to tweet from ek Ireland manager:

https://mobile.twitter.com/endacorneille

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

scooby77 wrote: »
    New thread on this on pp prune. Refers to tweet from ek Ireland manager:

An EK A380 pilot said DUB is not in their roster for March.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

HTCOne wrote: »
    An EK A380 pilot said DUB is not in their roster for March.....

It's not a scheduled pax flight, it's a delivery flight from Toulouse that's coming to DUB for a visit for an EK announcement supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

billie1b wrote: »
    It's not a scheduled pax flight, it's a delivery flight from Toulouse that's coming to DUB for a visit for an EK announcement supposedly.

That makes more sense....stick it over on the west apron, get some photos etc

Excerpt from Belfast Telegraph article with Enda Corneille of Emirates
    "The news is that we have just celebrated five years into Dublin. We have carried 1.2 million passengers in that time and 120,000 tonnes of cargo," he said.

"We started off with a single aircraft, and now it's double daily. And given how much the business has grown, the next logical step would be to bring a flagship aircraft, such as the A380.

"The earliest that could happen would be summer 2018."
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/emirates-northern-ireland-passenger-numbers-soar-by-50-at-dublin-airport-35477247.html
    It could be "tickets only" to get on "the mound" for March 26th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I'm sure we are all aware that March 26 will be the start of the summer schedule. Emirates start putting their A380's on three routes from that day.
    Dubai Sao Paulo
    Dubai Narita
    Dubai Casablanca

Two A380 deliveries, Jan 2017 and Feb 2017, are delayed at the moment. Allegedly issues between Emirates and Rolls Royce.
    Interesting to see what Mr. Corneille is hinting too. Is he just promoting Emirates? It's got people talking about them again.

A follow up tweet from the enigmatic Mr Corneille wwQvJV0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Any update on the rumoured Hainan Beijing route? I travel to Asia quite regularly so a direct route to the Far East would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ryanair announce flash seat sale to celebrate launch of Dublin to Naples service
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-announce-flash-seat-sale-to-celebrate-launch-of-dublin-to-naples-service-35509344.html

Not sure if this had already been discussed here but new Naples route announced by Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ryanair axing Marrakesh route to DUB at the end of March, thought that would have been doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

honru wrote: »
    Ryanair axing Marrakesh route to DUB at the end of March, thought that would have been doing well.

No they're not, it's winter only.

Advertisement