Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Routes News 2017

Options
  • 29-06-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

With an Aer Lingus announcement forthcoming, I thought it good to create a new page for 2017. This can also be used to announce the end of routes, and changes to frequency.

Have a good 2017 season folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Has anything actually been announced?

Dalaman isn't returning with Falcon, pity, it's quite nice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Finnair have scheduled their own equipment on the 4 morning flights from start of summer 2017 schedule on 26 March.

Aer Lingus are announcing their 2017 new routes tomorrow at an event in Dublin airport.

No speculation?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Miami, Dallas, possibly Philly replacing AA are my guesses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

L1011 wrote: »
    My thoughts too. Expect repetition of 2x A330 arrival in Aug/Sep and confirmation of 2x A330 deliveries in 2017.
    MIA and DFW are pretty much the only 'big' airports unserved by EI at the moment. Both are large hubs which offer both O&D and connecting traffic. (4/5 weekly each?)
    I would expect an increase in frequncy to LAX as well, if not then perhaps it has not been performing as well as EI hoped?
    Although we could be flummoxed as we have been in the past.....BDL anyone?

Miami and Dallas is what I have heard. Plus a 757 destination as a 5th was rumoured plus the JFK early flight to stay year round.

Plenty of airports have looked for them to start up.

plus the JFK early flight to stay year round.

Where would the aircraft for this be acquired?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Where would the aircraft for this be acquired?

Prior to the introduction of the 4th 757 I was told that ASL was looking for a 5th aircraft.

IAG-EI want a better spread of JFK and other TA flights throughout the day rather than a concentration of TA flight as it stands from 1030-1300 and the associated ramp/stand/terminal congestion.

Miam looks likely are doing a good job at keeping it a secret this time. Not so sure about Dallas but AA won't be giving their only year round presence in DUB with PHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There has been talk of a 5th 757 already, boots on the ground kicking tires on one in Manchester a while back

The EI 757 product with the lie flat biz seats and everyone having personal inflight entertainment and the plan for WiFi gives them a big edge on the US carriers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did ASL not take an ex JMC fleetmate of cjx recently?

Going to put it out, think Montreal will be a route....

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Tenger wrote: »
    I would expect an increase in frequncy to LAX as well, if not then perhaps it has not been performing as well as EI hoped?

The route has picked up well recently.might be one 330 retiring too.Miami,Dallas,Houston,vancouver all rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Stephen was just talking a load of BS in regards to Doha.

Miami or Fort Lauderdale will surly be the second route with a slim chance of Tampa.

Would be hard to see EI choose FLL over MIA which would provide a gateway into AA flights to the Caribbean and Latin America. Passengers give MIA incredibly poor feedback because of CBP delays which would not be an issue for DUB originated flights. FLL would realistically only offer an originating/destination flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Interesting, is that a hunch or something more? Havnt seen it mentioned anywhere and would have expected AA connections this time with maybe even a UA /JB deal announced. Montreal might be a contender for the 757 route if that comes through.

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Interesting, is that a hunch or something more? Havnt seen it mentioned anywhere and would have expected AA connections this time with maybe even a UA /JB deal announced. Montreal might be a contender for the 757 route if that comes through.

Just a feeling however it may depend on another 752 joining which I am not sure will happen. YUL have lots of lower yield traffic to Europe in summer so EI may tap into it.

The YYZ B752 moves to IAD (daily) full time while A330 moves to YYZ (daily) and SFO goes A333 should also be announced officially.

I wouldn't think LAX will go daily, it needs more time and the extra capacity to SFO will soak up any excess demand, at a push it may get the fifth weekly like was planned for launch.

ORD will have an extra 2 weekly to take it to 2 daily.

BOS has got to get some capacity lift given it's the most popular transit route at DUB....

Sources are been tight lipped this year but would think x4 weekly to MIA would be a sure bet but you never know.

I wouldn't think LAX will go daily, it needs more time and the extra capacity to SFO will soak up any excess demand, at a push it may get the fifth weekly like was planned for launch.

ORD will have an extra 2 weekly to take it to 2 daily.

BOS has got to get some capacity lift given it's the most popular transit route at DUB....
    I dont think BOS can take the extra capacity....isnt BOS bursting at the seams already...its like DUB pre T2?

I had heard that SFO was doing really well in SUmmer,so much so that EI could fill 2xdaily, they CEO did hint at upgauging to an A333.

And increasing ORD from 10 to 14 weekly isnt a big stretch with more aircraft coming into the fleet.

The 'expansion' doesnt have to be 'sexy' to count as expansion. Remember Mr Kavanagh's "expansion" in Florida a few years back? 3xweekly up to 4xweekly into MCO!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I dont think BOS can take the extra capacity....isnt BOS bursting at the seams already...its like DUB pre T2?

I had heard that SFO was doing really well in SUmmer,so much so that EI could fill 2xdaily, they CEO did hint at upgauging to an A333.

And increasing ORD from 10 to 14 weekly isnt a big stretch with more aircraft coming into the fleet.

The 'expansion' doesnt have to be 'sexy' to count as expansion. Remember Mr Kavanagh's "expansion" in Florida a few years back? 3xweekly up to 4xweekly into MCO!!! WOO HOO!!!!

EI moved to C area of BOS in May so they are no longer using International gates so I don't think capacity will be a major problem. International ares yes I believe is more less full.

Both aircraft arriving this summer start off the full increased ORD from Oct and will be continued so whatever will be announced will either have to fill the number of new aircraft or existing services get extra capacity.

Hopefully whatever they announce isn't just capacity dumping on routes already served by other carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Miami is one route. Not sure on the others, or even how many are being announced, cards being kept close to chests in EI! But Miami is definitely one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

while not sexy, adding frequencies is part of the slow and steady approach they seem to take with T/A routes which obviously makes sense for them. But since the IAG takeover they have got aircraft faster than possibly otherwise and are adding routes and capacity. All this is before joining one world and the JV which should bring even more pax.

Do they look like getting to the point where further short haul expansion will be needed to match the LH growth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Any one any idea how the Westjet route is doing?

Think we should of realised airlines never really announce routes on a Monday. It will most likely be a Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭sandbelter

I thought that EI's leaking of its last three new routes to EWR, LAX and BDL was a masterstroke in raising the routes profile, gaining "buzz" and media interest prior to its official announcement.

So, I personally found the silence quite puzzling as they are usually very good a strategically leaking the information to maximise publicity. I would have expected the press to have wind of it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

any idea what time this announcement is being made? COME ON VEGAS!!! :D probably wishful thinking this year though!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    any idea what time this announcement is being made? COME ON VEGAS!!! :D probably wishful thinking this year though!
    I think the Skytrax announcement is it. Cant see them doing 2 big announcements on the same day,

I think the Skytrax announcement is it. Cant see them doing 2 big announcements on the same day,

They said a few months back they would be announcing in July, I think that's why everyone did one and one and thought announcement meant route announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 333bus

AA - Miami
    Delta - Boston

333bus wrote: »
    Delta - Boston

Will never see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

Travel Extra are reporting that as many as four routes might be chosen; Miami, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia and Charleston (SC) among the choices.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement