Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Top Gear, will you be watching it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I hope TG gets cancelled then.

I never understand this attitude when it come to TG.. Self-professed "petrolheads" who seem almost personally offended by the format of TG.

Just don't watch it? Plenty of "real" car shows/reviews out there and online. I personally think this new version of TG is shyte but for very different reasons so I've just chosen not to bother with it anymore and am instead looking forward to TGT on Amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Is last nights episode repeated on BBC 1 or 2 tonight or is it later on in the week. As I have been flicking through both channels and cannot find the repeat? (Sorry if this question has been asked before).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

cullow123 wrote: »
    Is last nights episode repeated on BBC 1 or 2 tonight or is it later on in the week. As I have been flicking through both channels and cannot find the repeat? (Sorry if this question has been asked before).

BBC 2 tonight at 11.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Catching up here, did anyone else notice the Star in a Rallycross Car is like 15+ mins long? In Episode 3 its nigh on 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And on that bombshell... Top gear usa has been cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love TG and especially the expeditions the originals did but it's just Evans voice grates on me. I love Rory's enthusiasm and even Matt is good but get rid of the annoying voice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Did Joey leave off a ripper or something to say that kerry lad didn't like the smell of a new car? AND the Austrian bull had led a very fullsome life too, imagine what went into upholstering Evans' car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Anyone else think this is bad (especially with evans) but cant stop watching ?

I find myself skipping quite a bit if it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Did Joey leave off a ripper or something to say that kerry lad didn't like the smell of a new car? AND the Austrian bull had led a very fullsome life too, imagine what went into upholstering Evans' car?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

bear1 wrote: »
    What?

The 2 Rollers around Dingle clip,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

He must be gone nose blind ;) I love the new car smell :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I would prefer it was gone, just to spite people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Anyone else think this is bad (especially with evans) but cant stop watching ?

I find myself skipping quite a bit if it

yeah, a lot like F1 this season, terrible but can't not watch it.

Pity TG USA is gone too, that was likeable in a lot of ways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

Oh no, gave up watching that rubbish years ago, give motogp a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Pity TG USA is gone too, that was likeable in a lot of ways :(

F1 this year is a lot more competitive and interesting than previous years.
    Plus Hamilton is like a spoiled child because he's not winning.

I don't think new top gear is that bad, except star in a mini crap, that's rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Autosport wrote: »
    He must be gone nose blind ;) I love the new car smell :)

I'm sure having 2 sweaty gaelic football teams sitting in the car didn't help with the smell!

No matter how bad F1 gets, it'll never be as bad as bike racing.

You're right, watching bikes on tv is really dangerous. You might die if you look at one the wrong way. Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Pugzilla wrote: »
    You're right, watching bikes on tv is really dangerous. You might die if you look at one the wrong way. Not worth the risk.

It's comparing apples with pears - like saying that there are way more overtakes in the Indy 500 than during the Montecarlo Grand Prix. The only things in common are petrol (in case of F1-MotoGP, Indy runs on methanol) and the fact they happen on a track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Autosport wrote: »
    I love TG and especially the expeditions the originals did but it's just Evans voice grates on me. I love Rory's enthusiasm and even Matt is good but get rid of the annoying voice :D

That's the only gripe I have with the new show I don't like Chris Evans at all

Did you see the races this weekend?

Completely unpredictable, it's been years since F1 was like that.

F1 has become too sanitised.

V8 and BTCC are good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see Le Blanc is conisdering his part in the show if Evans stays.

That didn't take long. He says that Evans doesn't like/want to interact with the rest of the crew off camera.

"And you'd think wouldn't you, that someone like Chris Evans wouldn't want to hang around with the likes of us! And..you'd be right, he didn't want to hang around with us at all!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

briany wrote: »
    That didn't take long. He says that Evans doesn't like/want to interact with the rest of the crew off camera.

"And you'd think wouldn't you, that someone like Chris Evans wouldn't want to hang around with the likes of us! And..you'd be right, he didn't want to hang around with us at all!"

That's odd because Sabine has been quoted as saying she found Evans to be approachable. Well.. more approachable than Clarkson anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

briany wrote: »

When they were in Kerry filming I found Evans to be the nicer of the two, I know it was only a brief encounter but we talked cars and no problem with a selfie, le Blanc wouldn't even look up in case someone caught his eye

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

g1983d wrote: »
    When they were in Kerry filming I found Evans to be the nicer of the too, I know it was only a brief encounter but we talked cars and no problem with a selfie, le Blanc wouldn't even look up in case someone caught his eye
    I'd not be his biggest fan, but that's not the first time I've heard Evans is sound with fans and the general public. He's kinda known for it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

g1983d wrote: »
    When they were in Kerry filming I found Evans to be the nicer of the too, I know it was only a brief encounter but we talked cars and no problem with a selfie, le Blanc wouldn't even look up in case someone caught his eye

I think what might be an issue for le blanc is that he is famous and has been getting attention he may not want for the last several years since friends.

Imagine being in his shoes and for the last 15 odd years or more since friends people shouting at you "hey joey, how you doing? "

It can be annoying.

Or famous people just trying to get a bit of peace and quiet.

Where as evans wouldnt know that life because in comparison he isint really famous until top gear now so he might be in the honeymoon period of being "famous" as such and will embrace it for now.

Or i could be wrong and LeBlanc is a LePlank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I think what might be an issue for le blanc is that he is famous and has been getting attention he may not want for the last several years since friends.

Imagine being in his shoes and for the last 15 odd years or more since friends people shouting at you "hey joey, how you doing? "

It can be annoying.

Or famous people just trying to get a bit of peace and quiet.

Where as evans wouldnt know that life because in comparison he isint really famous until top gear now so he might be in the honeymoon period of being "famous" as such and will embrace it for now.

Or i could be wrong and LeBlanc is a LePlank :)

I would have thought that being on Top Gear wouldn't have made Chris Evans any more famous than he already was. He certainly seemed to be well known to the many Top Gear fans who were aghast at the thought of the "Ginger twat" taking over as host.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

That's odd because Sabine has been quoted as saying she found Evans to be approachable. Well.. more approachable than Clarkson anyhow.
    Ah but she's German so that doesn't count.

And although Evans is all bubbly and bouncy and jumpy aroundy I feel it is more to do with a massive EGO than any interest in the fans.

Look at ME!

LOOK AT ME!

LOOK AT MEEEEE!

Advertisement