Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Top Gear, will you be watching it?

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The other 3 never built anything they said they did. The likelihood of it though - James - maybe, Richard - slight possibility, Clarkson - not a hope in hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really enjoyed the Russian 4 wheel drive and the Ssangyong yacht features, the latter was pretty much as amusing as a good "old" TG feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

JoeA3 wrote: »
    +1.
    I can't fault the current show really. LeBlanc and Harris are very good (Rory not so much). But it is lacking something. Clarkson (when he wasn't dicking around) had a very unique kind of delivery and presentation style that is not easily replicated...

I get the same thing from it. A bit like a lovely dish that is missing some seasoning!

I think it's simply that JC had many Clarksonisms and analogies which were unique to him and often raised a chuckle while you were watching him do a review. The new show is just lacking in humour. They try, but it's really not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

watched a couple of episodes and just found it boring - it's very scripted and the interactions between the 3 guys seem forced. I'm sure the previous trio were scripted too, but they had enough chemistry between them that it didn't seem so obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Go watch the first season of Hammond, May, JC and come back to us. It was brutal to watch.

I don't recall it being that bad (May wasn't even in the first series ). TG was relaunched as a vehicle for JC - none of the new presenters have a fraction of his personality (or come across as likeable as JM for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    JC was decent but the last few seasons of Top Gear he was on cruise control. Spouting the same tired cliches over and over. You could practically replace him with a dummy and a soundboard of sayings. The Grand Tour was painfully bad in nearly all aspects.

Hardly a fair assessment of the entire series, the only episode which I found to be utter crap was the military one.
    TG just seems to be slightly copying what was done before.
    GT has had to start all over again and yes their first season needs some work but I think all in all S2 of TG got better (mainly cause Evans isn't in the picture) and GT for a first attempt was good.
    There seems to be a lot of GT was ****e no matter what and great job TG simply because people didn't really like JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Watched the final episode last night. Definitely a better show than TGT all round. The yacht piece was actually enjoyable as they didn't just take the mick and have everything fall to pieces in a painfully scripted manner. It actually worked and to be fair, looked class. Their personalities don't work too well as a trio, I think they need to keep to the format of one or two of them per film, mixing and matching as appropiate. I look forward to the next series, I honestly couldn't care about TGT. Says a lot as a I was a massive JC fan.

The Bernie Ecclestone interview though, what was that about? I've seen secondary school film productions with better editing and Jordan was beyond wooden. It made no sense at all. Was he a financier of the series or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I find Eddie Jordan very hard to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 smurfyirl

Haven't watched the very last episode of the new top gear series yet. But so far honestly I find it just doesn't grab me like it used to. It all feels a little flat and dull to me.

I prefer tgt even with some issues for season 1. Hoping these are addressed in season 2. Hopefully top gear improves and we get two decent car shows where we previously only had one!

Advertisement