Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Top Gear, will you be watching it?

Options
  • 28-05-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭

So the new Top Gear kicks off tomorrow evening @ 8pm on BBC2.

I know the old one was far from perfect but Evans annoys me and I could not take Joey reviewing cars any way serious, so I'll be giving it a miss myself.

Will you? 347 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    62% 217 votes
    Maybe, not sure yet
    37% 130 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

bazz26 wrote: »

I know the old one was far from perfect but Evans annoys me and I could not take Joey reviewing cars any way serious, so I'll be giving it a miss myself.

My thoughts exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Used to never miss an episode but not gone on the new presenters either. Matt doesn't really ever come across as a nice person, let alone funny and Chris is ok but no Jeremy Clarkson.

3132990_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I feel Evans will try to take control of the whole show and will present it as if it was his TFI Friday he was doing. I will give it a few shows before I take the decision to stop watching. It will be interesting as to whether manufacturers will give their best cars to Top Gear or Grand Tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

It will be car crash TV:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I seen an advert that it's starting on rte 2 at 8.20pm Sunday night. I was suprised didn't think they would have it straight away. I'll probably watched it to see what it's like I can't see it being as good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm trying not to judge it before it airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭xabi

They showed a clip last night on Norton of Joey driving an Ariel Nomad buggy, didn't come across too well. Will give it a chance of though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you like cars, YouTube is your only man. If you like a bit of Americanised light entertainment, probably worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

or Grand Tour.

I googled The Grand Tour (really not sold on the name) to see when it starts and started watching the clips about naming it, which is where I learned theres a Ray Ban configurator. I've now wasted half an hour and I really want a new pair of Ray Bans.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Will always watch top gear. Hoping this is a car show for those into cars. And not a caravan or fire extinguisher in sight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not sure why there are so many from the too cool brigade but I for one can't wait to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'll be watching.

I'm not optimistic that it will so much as hold a candle to Old New Top Gear and I think the less they try to make it a carbon copy of Old New Top Gear then the better the show will be imo.

As C.H.M. said themselves, Old New Top Gear will live on in the form of The Grand Tour and we will get a second, new motoring show in the form of Top Gear Take 3, so from a car enthusiasts point of view, there is now potentially 2 good shows instead of 1. I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'll watch it and see what it's like. As flazio already said, it has not aired yet so nobody knows how good or bad it is going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm so glad I don't have to make the decision, because I don't watch TV anymore.

It would be a NO anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Will always watch top gear. Hoping this is a car show for those into cars. And not a caravan or fire extinguisher in sight

I hope not. The entertainment in Top Gear was the main attraction. Pure nuts and bolts nerdy stuff, as someone above said, is all over YouTube. You can't make a good show out of that unless for a tiny audience of car nuts.

Evans is an A-hole so I'm not expecting much. Still I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Top Gear will never be the same without Clarkson throwing in a bit of light hearted casual bigotry and misogyny

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

I'll be giving it a go, I don't like couple presenters and thinking 7 of buggers presenting going to be weird although it looks like couple of them are just doing extra gear programme and not the main one.

Is amazon prime going to be available in this country or have government put some ridiculous tax milarkey on them so they refusing to supply us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'll watch pretty any car is related program, but hard to beat Jeremy, and co

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I preferred old Top Gear with Clarkson, Willson and Tiff etc. No stupid challenges or explosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Realistically you'll watch it though to be fair and more than likely give it a chance.

I don't see the point in judging it before we see it on tv.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

No interest with the new presenters.

Top gear for years now has been all about the 3 lads. **** all to do with cars let's be honest about it. They made it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭goochy

I will give it a go as didn't like top gear for many years.
    Clarkson was entertaining but he is a nasty piece or work and aside from the incident involving his irish producer he has never liked the Irish remember interview with him and he made remark about potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

If its got cars... I'll watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

I'll watch it. Remember there is f all else on of a sunday evening at eight. Top gear or antiques roadshow? Hmmmm let me think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Look at the trailers.. They're clearly trying to imitate Clarkson's TG but without the 3 lads it'll fall flat I think. It's definitely not gonna be a Fifth Gear / Old TG though.

I'll be out tonight but have it set to record so will watch it tomorrow but not expecting much and doubt I'll watch more than the first 2. Can't stand Evans and I wasn't a Friends fan either so LeBlanc doesn't appeal either.

Far more interested in the return of the 3 lads myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I preferred old Top Gear with Clarkson, Willson and Tiff etc. No stupid challenges or explosion.

Me too! thought that was great.

I'll be watching the new show tonight and I'll give it a chance. As others have said... Not expecting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'll watch it to for Sabine,( middle age fap material ?) CHris Harris and Eddie

and I'll also give the others the benefit of the doubt for a few episodes.

It was badly due a refresh anyway, the lads were getting too old for childish antics , but perhaps BBC missed a bit of a trick by not chancing some new young talent or maybe petrolhead comics like , Jimmy Carr ( great pun) Johnny Vegas or Peter Kaye.

Anyway as another poster said, I certainly won't write it off before I see a season for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

edburg wrote: »
    I'll be giving it a go, I don't like couple presenters and thinking 7 of buggers presenting going to be weird although it looks like couple of them are just doing extra gear programme and not the main one.

Is amazon prime going to be available in this country or have government put some ridiculous tax milarkey on them so they refusing to supply us?

There are ways and means of watching Amazon Prime stuff without subscribing.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ill watch a few episodes before i reserve judgement.

Advertisement