Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tpau

Clerical Positions 2016 Stage 1 Part A is up from tomorrow, anyone have any tpis or advice on what to expect

There is a pre test info booklet on the email which outlines what to expect. I don't have any advice but good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Just got link, one question though, if i open the link to questionnaire does that mean i have to complete then and there or can open it up have a look at it and click out of it and complete tomorrow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

I'm pretty sure once you click the link it's go-time (if you could open it for a gawk you could just back out and spend the next dew days Googling stuff).

Got my message at five-to-six, so assume they're doing them in batches.

Good luck to all having a stab at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was at an information session in DCC today about the new roles.

In short, read the questions on the form. Answer everything. They are anal in what they're looking for.

I've you've done your LC 30 years ago and have a load of degrees, they still want your results and student number.

As the hour progressed a little bit more of my soul got destroyed with every section covered.!

[QUOTE=Yamileth Fresh Rob;100133785
    I've you've done your LC 30 years ago and have a load of degrees, they still want your results and student number.[/QUOTE]

Can you elabourate on this?

• Advertisement

I've you've done your LC 30 years ago and have a load of degrees, they still want your results and student number.

LunarSea wrote: »

Your leaving cert results are required along with your exam number. Most companies couldn't care less about the LC if you have a higher qualification but this is the public service and they're not like normal companies.

Your leaving cert results are required along with your exam number. Most companies couldn't care less about the LC if you have a higher qualification but this is the public service and they're not like normal companies.

Cheers... so when is this required? I have a degree, zero idea what my LC results were (or number).

Also, if they're placing onto the panel via these psychometric tests then surely qualifications don't matter a jot?

A friend of mine got in via the 2014 campaign, she has a Masters in science. One of the other girls that got in with her just has her Leaving Cert, but they both did really well on the psychometric tests - none of their qualifications mattered.

Cheers... so when is this required? I have a degree, zero idea what my LC results were (or number).

Also, if they're placing onto the panel via these psychometric tests then surely qualifications don't matter a jot?

A friend of mine got in via the 2014 campaign, she has a Masters in science. One of the other girls that got in with her just has her Leaving Cert, but they both did really well on the psychometric tests - none of their qualifications mattered.
    They've not decided on using testing.

I've a hdip, postgrad and bsc hons and they want my leaving results from 1985.
    They also want every job I've done in 30 years and the names of 4 hr managers in the firms I've worked for.
    I didn't know whether to walk in front of the bus or get on it going home this evening.

They've not decided on using testing.

Seriously?

So all the info provided in the CO info booklet is incorrect? And they're completely changing the hiring process from before and only those in attendance of this meeting are privvy to this information?

• Advertisement

Seriously?

So all the info provided in the CO info booklet is incorrect? And they're completely changing the hiring process from before and only those in attendance of this meeting are privvy to this information?

It was a session for temps in how to fill in the form. That was as far as it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DEEDEE30

I take it that tatranska is advising on Dublin City Council who are running their own clerical officer campaign?

DEEDEE30 wrote: »
    I take it that tatranska is advising on Dublin City Council who are running their own clerical officer campaign?

I mentioned DCC in my earlier post.

I mentioned DCC in my earlier post.

Ah, I thought DCC was just the name of a building as you said you "were in DCC".

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tpau

Ah, I thought DCC was just the name of a building as you said you "were in DCC".

Phew me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi, I applied last week on a whim really, I don't have LC as I left school early.

I received a text message today asking me to take test (A) stage 1

(B) will follow if successful in part A.

Does anyone know if I do well on the tests they will overlook the fact I don't have a leaving certificate? I deal with members of the public daily in my current job not sure if that will help too.. also what happens (assuming I do very well on the tests)

Garda vetting, references (how far do I have to go back) ðŸ˜

Andy

Thank you for your application for Clerical positions in the Civil Service.
    Stage 1 of the selection process is divided into two parts as follows:

(Part A) Assessment Questionnaire
    (Part B) Aptitude tests

Your testing window for completion of Stage 1 Part A (Assessment Questionnaire) is:
    Friday 24th June at 16:00 to Wednesday 29th June at 13:00.

Please see below a link to your Pre-test Information booklet. You should ensure that you read this carefully in advance of undertaking the Questionnaire.

Pre-Test Information booklet

Before beginning this Questionnaire, please ensure that you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.

Further instructions are given as part of the Questionnaire.

For those who complete Part A, details of your testing window for Part B will be forwarded to you in due course. If you do not complete the Questionnaire, you will be deemed to have withdrawn your application.

Click your personal link below to begin the assessment.
    Stage 1 Part A - Assessment Questionnaire

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Prob a stupid question but, Can some1 tell me if u can still go through the process to get on the new panel if you are a (v new)serving civil servant (but not happy with location) or are serving Civil servants barred from the campaign? ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

BJG524 wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question but, Can some1 tell me if u can still go through the process to get on the new panel if you are a (v new)serving civil servant (but not happy with location) or are serving Civil servants barred from the campaign? ??

I'm in the public service (not civil) but applied for this as a possible means for relocation. Not sure about current civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mayo92

i think everyone should have got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I did my leaving cert twice ten years ago, do i just give the latest one? I dropped maths for the second one.
    Are the results required for filling out this Part A section? I was just about to start it but if they are I'll have to go home first and try to dig them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alocinm

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi, I applied last week on a whim really, I don't have LC as I left school early.

I received a text message today asking me to take test (A) stage 1

(B) will follow if successful in part A.

Does anyone know if I do well on the tests they will overlook the fact I don't have a leaving certificate? I deal with members of the public daily in my current job not sure if that will help too.. also what happens (assuming I do very well on the tests)

Garda vetting, references (how far do I have to go back) ðŸ˜

Andy

I don't have the LC and I'm on the 2014 panel. The vetting is all addresses you've ever lived at and as for your references give the most recent ones

alocinm wrote: »
    I don't have the LC and I'm on the 2014 panel. The vetting is all addresses you've ever lived at and as for your references give the most recent ones

Thanks for the reply. What exactly does on the panel mean? Sorry I didn't understand:) did you apply in 2014 and still awaiting decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

I think the leaving cert results and number was only for the DCC application,maybe if someone has done the CO part A they could let us know if exact results are needed or just to state you passed LC.

Thanks for the reply. What exactly does on the panel mean? Sorry I didn't understand:) did you apply in 2014 and still awaiting decision?

No problem :) I applied in 2014, done and passed the online assessment, then went to dublin to do the second assessment and passed and then got called for an interview and passed. So I was placed on the panel. You're ranked in numbers according to how well you performed in the second assessment (I think!) and then they work their way through the list as they are hiring. I am currently being vetted and there's a position awaiting me according to PAS. We shall see! Hope this helps :)

alocinm wrote: »
    No problem :) I applied in 2014, done and passed the online assessment, then went to dublin to do the second assessment and passed and then got called for an interview and passed. So I was placed on the panel. You're ranked in numbers according to how well you performed in the second assessment (I think!) and then they work their way through the list as they are hiring. I am currently being vetted and there's a position awaiting me according to PAS. We shall see! Hope this helps :)

Ah that's great , thanks for clarifying it! Can I ask how long after the assessments did you get a call for interview? And what was involved in the 2nd assement in Dublin?

Ah that's great , thanks for clarifying it! Can I ask how long after the assessments did you get a call for interview?

I got the interview invite in December 15 and done it in January 16. The second assessment is more or less the same as the first except it's supervised. Don't hold your breath and don't count on this process getting you a job any time soon. It's very drawn out but stick with it if ya can :)

Regarding the timeframe for testing - it starts today at 16:00, but yet I've a mate who filled it all in last night after they got the lert?

Amyone else done so yet? I'd be happy to get it done now, but don't want to void my application (although it is kinda silly they should give you live links at this stage if it's not meant to be done yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jomzy

Just wondering is LC necessary for this position? I didn't do my LC, but just finished a FETAC level 5 Business Administration course November last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Omg I thought today was Saturday and I've it done already. Why did they have the link live before the time??:confused: I hope it will be okay, I've it submitted now! :o

It's quite similar to the TCO assessment. I hope I get to part B even though I'm seriously dreading the aptitude tests :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement