Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options
1329330331332333335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Eight months!
    What do they do, run your name past MI5?

Perhaps Drew Harris will be able to speed that aspect up a bit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Eight months!
    What do they do, run your name past MI5?

Perhaps Drew Harris will be able to speed that aspect up a bit! :D

Haha zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Whollywoo wrote: »
    Dont worry :) hope today is better!

It's so much better thank you. I just got am email this evening and got a placement offer. Time for the wine to flow :-)

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Congrats to everyone getting placed and hopefully everyone waiting will get good news

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Thats brilliant!! Congrats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    It's so much better thank you. I just got am email this evening and got a placement offer. Time for the wine to flow :-)

Congratulations!

So I've got an offer for the Gardai in Limerick but don't know if it's LK city or county. May have a 3 month wait for "special clearance". I'll have to refuse the offer if outside the city. BIG decision to make over the weekend. I'd have to take a 40% drop in salary to move to the public sector but I'd gain, pension entitlement, proper annual leave, sick pay and would have a lot less stress. Decisions decisions!

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

So I've got an offer for the Gardai in Limerick but don't know if it's LK city or county. May have a 3 month wait for "special clearance". I'll have to refuse the offer if outside the city. BIG decision to make over the weekend. I'd have to take a 40% drop in salary to move to the public sector but I'd gain, pension entitlement, proper annual leave, sick pay and would have a lot less stress. Decisions decisions!

You also need to take into account how secure is the industry you are currently in. In the last 18 years I've been made redundant 3 times from 3 completely different sectors. Job security and the pension should override the difference in salary!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tbandrews

Last week was advised approximately 7 to be placed in front of me.
    I'm 003 batch 2 Mayo ��

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

Well done mike And go for it... you've been waiting long enough. It'll be worth it in the end and if you hate it, you clearly have the experience to go back into the field your in! Take the chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Don't suppose anyone, anywhere has been called for interview lately? I'm 99% certain I won't be called for interview let alone get a place, especially since the end is fast approaching. Still maybe like 1% of hope left :( Are they even still doing interviews or has it all stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

jaxxx wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone, anywhere has been called for interview lately? I'm 99% certain I won't be called for interview let alone get a place, especially since the end is fast approaching. Still maybe like 1% of hope left :( Are they even still doing interviews or has it all stopped?

They're at Stage 2 for some regions for the 2018 Campaign. I would doubt that they will call anymore for interview from 2016 Campaign but you never know it all depends on demand.

Icbaby wrote: »
    Well done mike And go for it... you've been waiting long enough. It'll be worth it in the end and if you hate it, you clearly have the experience to go back into the field your in! Take the chance!

Place accepted. Nothing to lose :-)

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

What dep Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Mikefitzs wrote:

I took a punt on the CO that involved an 80 mile round trip, my preference was only a 10 min drive but my number 2 came up first, I took it and have had regrets since. The money along with the commute are hard but medical issues have also gone against me since.

Best of luck with your decision but do think about commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Has anyone been offered a job in Longford in the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

Well done. Did you find out if your placed in city or county?
    Now I wait holding my breath and hope they get to 25....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    As the hamsters are complaining we've opened a new thread here (10k post per thread limit).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement