Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

I dont part A there. Do you get any confirmation that you've done it? Message or e-mail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

yenom wrote: »
    I dont part A there. Do you get any confirmation that you've done it? Message or e-mail?

I think when I submitted it it said there wouldn't be any more notifications from them unless I reached the qualifying standard or something to that effect. I can't remember...jesus I'm not firing on all cylinders today! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Amanda.ie

yenom wrote: »

Did you read the instructions on the Email? you will not do well in the error checking if you fail to read the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Did you need any information at hand when you filled in questionnaire part A, results dates etc or is it just general questions.How long did it take to do?Thanks

juncert wrote: »
    Did you need any information at hand when you filled in questionnaire part A, results dates etc or is it just general questions.How long did it take to do?Thanks

No you don't need any information at hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Part A completed, thankfully!

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    Did you read the instructions on the Email? you will not do well in the error checking if you fail to read the questions.

Aw that's a bit mean! I'm sure they're not looking for robots. Well I hope they aren't anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Daenarys wrote: »
    Aw that's a bit mean! I'm sure they're not looking for robots. Well I hope they aren't anyway :pac:

So...there's no e-mail confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Done Part A there now, pretty standard stuff I thought, seemed quite similar, if not the same, to previous tests for the Public Service. Is there anything that will prepare you for the aptitude tests - any books or anything - I'd like to give this as good a shot as I can, so any help will be very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Just done part A there. Wonder will I hear from them again or when do successful applicants get word of progressing onto next stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

As someone recently mentioned, how far back to they go to check references? As some of the business I've worked in have changed manager or closed

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

If you filled it in before 4 is it disregarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

lukesmom wrote: »
    Just done part A there. Wonder will I hear from them again or when do successful applicants get word of progressing onto next stage?
    As long as you finished it you will hear about Part B - Copied this off the message I got on My Messages on Public Jobs

For those who complete Part A, details of your testing window for Part B will be forwarded to you in due course. If you do not complete the Questionnaire, you will be deemed to have withdrawn your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

I doubt it, I'm sure it wouldn't have let you complete it if it wasn't going to be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

I completed it when i got the link Thursday evening. Does that mean my application and questionnaire is now void?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    I completed it when i got the link Thursday evening. Does that mean my application and questionnaire is now void?

I doubt it, I'm sure it will be accepted but if you are worried you could phone them or email.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Noreenee1

Is part a like these questions?? Or is this part b the aptitude test

Verbal Interpretation
    26 Questions | 18 Mins
    Numerical Interpretation
    21 Questions | 20 Mins
    Checking Test
    46 Questions | 8 Mins
    Categorising Information
    40 Questions | 10 Mins

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Effie10

That's is Part B. Part A is explained in detail In the pre test book. The link is in your message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Is it possible to apply for position of EO if you don't have any previous experience in the public sector? is it possible to apply for both CO & EO?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ddmam wrote:
    Is it possible to apply for position of EO if you don't have any previous experience in the public sector? is it possible to apply for both CO & EO?

Yes of course, as long as you reach minimum requirements for them. EO much harder to get as not nearly as many positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Red6

Hi. Does anyone know where to find sample tests online for the Stage 1 Part A Assessment Questionnaire? I can only see samples for Part B (numeracy, verbal, etc) on publicjobs.ie

Thanks.

Red6 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know where to find sample tests online for the Stage 1 Part A Assessment Questionnaire? I can only see samples for Part B (numeracy, verbal, etc) on publicjobs.ie

Thanks.

There isn't any. If you've ever applied for TCO, or to Boots or Penneys, it's that type of multiple choice questions. There's no need to prepare for them because it's your first answer/reaction they are looking for. Honestly, don't worry about it, Part A is really not difficult. Get stuck in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ruby7789

Test

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ruby7789

Does anyone know if u complete an internship with a county council, what are the chances of getting a job offer at the end of it? If yes, do u have to do an apptitude test? Or apply for the role via public jobs , and go through the online tests, then apptitude tests interview panel etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Does the length of time doing it have any effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Does the length of time doing it have any effect?

Not according to the information given at the start of the test.

Just read an article in the Indepentent, over 29,000 people applied for CO and only 1,000 jobs available. Most of which are in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mandik

Effie10 wrote: »
    Just read an article in the Indepentent, over 29,000 people applied for CO and only 1,000 jobs available. Most of which are in dublin

If its and online article, I think the one you're talking about is the campaign from 2014

mandik wrote: »
    Effie10 wrote: »

If its and online article, I think the one you're talking about is the campaign from 2014

The article clearly states that 29,000 applied for the 2016 campaign and made reference that 28,000 applied in 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

30,000 vie for €9-an-hour job
    http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/30000-vie-for-9anhour-job-34833904.html
    Almost 30,000 people - including thousands of third-level graduates - have applied for the most basic clerical job in the civil service where pay has plummeted to €9 an hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement