Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

looking for recommendations

I have put down galway or cork....but I might change this to limerick or cork

Totally up for moving . Main hope is to leave dublin

Which has more prospects Limerick,Cork or Galway.

Dont drive also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Creol1 wrote: »
    Has that been confirmed already?

There wasn't one last time.

There was in 2014 here are screen grabs from my PAS messages of Part A and a week later Part B:

11lhsle.png

10opwev.png

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

There was in 2014 here are screen grabs from my PAS messages of Part A and a week later Part B:

11lhsle.png

10opwev.png

That's interesting. Thanks. I thought it was just the verbal and numerical, etc. What's the best way of doing well in the situational judgement questions? There must be some kind of pattern to the answers they're looking for, but it's very difficult to find out what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Just applied. Best of luck everyone.

Honestly don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Just applied. Now to start practicing the tests. Best of luck everyone.

What tests? where can samples be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tpau

Hi can anybody recommend a book to practise tests from. I've heard the maths is tricky. I popped into easons and could not decide what to buy. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The my oh has applied for this. I got the 2014 competition last year, and didn't practice any tests however.... In the civil service 9 months now. The aptitude tests are OK. Numerical is hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Buy some numerical/error checking/verbal reasoning type books, that's how I passed (numerical in my case. I was fine with other parts.) I got mine in Chapters. There are also limited tests on PAS website, but not enough.

hi any chance of getting the name of the book you got to practice from i need to practice all areas😉😉

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi any chance of getting the name of the book you got to practice from i need to practice all areas😉😉

1. Perfect Numerical Test Results
    €11.00 Hodges Figgis , Dawson Street.

2. Advanced Numeracy Tests by Mike Bryon. Not sure where its available, friend gave it to me. First one should cover all CO eventualities anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yet to finish my degree, would I be wasting my time and theirs applying or is it worth giving it a go anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

1. Perfect Numerical Test Results
    €11.00 Hodges Figgis , Dawson Street.

2. Advanced Numeracy Tests by Mike Bryon. Not sure where its available, friend gave it to me. First one should cover all CO eventualities anyway.
    thanks so much il look for it the weekendðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

gufc21 wrote: »
    Yet to finish my degree, would I be wasting my time and theirs applying or is it worth giving it a go anyway?

When do you finish college?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

I've done one year and a year level 6. Don't know if i can afford the fees for the next two years with giving up a full time job tbh.

I get 95% give or take in any of the co tests I've done online. Would that help me over to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

When do you finish college?

It might take a year to even hear back. Its good practice either way. All campaigns are treated seperately so if you dont go ahead with an offer, no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

gufc21 wrote: »
    I've done one year and a year level 6. Don't know if i can afford the fees for the next two years with giving up a full time job tbh.

I get 95% give or take in any of the co tests I've done online. Would that help me over to interview?

I applied for the CO campaign in June 2014 and didn't get offered a job until January 2016. You could be waiting a while (especially if you're outside of Dublin) so should definitely apply to keep your options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Dublin City Council will be running their own open competition for Clerical Officers. It will be advertised on 16th June.

Not sure of criteria or qualifications but will include the usual aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

Dublin City Council will be running their own open competition for Clerical Officers. It will be advertised on 16th June.

Not sure of criteria or qualifications but will include the usual aptitude test.

Hi, how to apply for taht will that be posted on publicjobs or different link to follow/apply

Thanks for posting. What's the aptitude test? I was interviewed for a position with another council and there was no aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Just applied there now. Just wondering is that initial standard application all we have to submit at this stage or is there more to submit? Just feels a bit under whelming, Thought there'd be more questions and stuff.

• Advertisement

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    Just applied there now. Just wondering is that initial standard application all we have to submit at this stage or is there more to submit? Just feels a bit under whelming, Thought there'd be more questions and stuff.

That's it for now. Next stage will be tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I was the same, all gearing myself up for questions and then it was just a two minute form! Good to know it's not just ne who found it underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Yeah I thought that alright, surprised i didn't need to upload a CV, i thought I would have. Anyone know how the tests are conducted, is it online thing, or in person in a test centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

Hi, anyone know what the course Career Services are running are like? Are they worth it? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

SeanOS92 wrote:
    Yeah I thought that alright, surprised i didn't need to upload a CV, i thought I would have. Anyone know how the tests are conducted, is it online thing, or in person in a test centre ?

First round is online tests then supervised tests then interview if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Wolf00 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know what the course Career Services are running are like? Are they worth it? Thanks.

Hi Wolf

I attended this course last month.
    I applied for the CO competition in 2014 and missed out by 5 marks in the numerical testing. After going to the course I feel more confident with the maths and even more confident with verbal reasoning and error checking.

I'm glad I went!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Sounds like an interesting course, I think numerical always lets me down too. Does anyone know where to find more details re length, location, price etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sounds like an interesting course, I think numerical always lets me down too. Does anyone know where to find more details re length, location, price etc?

http://careerservices.ie/clerical-officer

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

Thanks for that, think I'll give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

eraj wrote: »
    Hi, how to apply for taht will that be posted on publicjobs or different link to follow/apply

Will be advertised on www.dublincity.ie website from 16th June. Not sure what publications will be used.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement