Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

BadBannana wrote: »
    I was asking just because I won't be finished the leaving by then :l

Good luck to anyone applying this year though

I wouldn't rule out another recruitment drive in the next few years, however, you could go the cao route and apply to UL paramedic course, when you complete the leaving and maybe gain employment that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I wouldn't rule out another recruitment drive in the next few years, however, you could go the cao route and apply to UL paramedic course, when you complete the leaving and maybe gain employment that way!

I live in Cork unfortunately and being able to pay for college is slightly uncertain right now. An all round **** situation but sure what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

I live in Cork unfortunately and being able to pay for college is slightly uncertain right now. An all round **** situation but sure what can you do

If you can afford to get your C1, you should go for that if college isn't happening just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

You have plenty of time if your only doing your leaving and your a teenager.

Do a bit of travelling work a few jobs. Getting into this job as a teenager I don't think is a good idea

Good luck to everyone starting interviews today.

• Advertisement

So now that interviews are done how did everyone feel their interview went? I felt mine went ok, I would have liked to have talked more about my experience and knowledge, but feel I answered the questions well and elaborated on them.? Overall I feel so so about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

So now that interviews are done how did everyone feel their interview went? I felt mine went ok, I would have liked to have talked more about my experience and knowledge, but feel I answered the questions well and elaborated on them.? Overall I feel so so about them.

I came out of it wishing I had done more preparation. Anybody know when we find out if we got it or not?

stringbox wrote: »
    I came out of it wishing I had done more preparation. Anybody know when we find out if we got it or not?

I asked the admin girls, they said middle of next week, because the panel goes live next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Is there still a chance of another recruitment this year? How many paramedics are they looking for in this campaign?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Is there still a chance of another recruitment this year? How many paramedics are they looking for in this campaign?

Don't you start DFB next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

stringbox wrote:
    Don't you start DFB next week?

No I more than likely will be in second class

shaunac93 wrote: »

According to registration girl, there will be 100 students taken on before Christmas.

Osgood wrote: »
    According to registration girl, there will be 100 students taken on before Christmas.

At least 3 classes this year, and a second recruitment drive. What I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 karlospet

Anyone know how many people was for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

I heard there's going to be another recruitment drive next month also from an ambulance officer

Anyone know if results are out by post or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

Anyone know if results are out by post or email?

E mail to tell you they posted the results

I'm guessing we won't hear today, I'd say it will be later this week, maybe next week 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

Anybody get an post/email yet? The waiting is a killer

Anybody get post/email yet? The waiting is a killer

• Advertisement

dmc36 wrote: »

I know two who have gotten it by post. No email.

I got post from them this morning, I won't know ontill after work!!

I am 101.now i hope will be mire then 100 jobs

karlospet wrote: »
    I am xxx.now i hope will be mire then 100 jobs

Good stuff, well done, I wouldn't have put your exact number up, I heard just under 120 on the panel, and another recruitment next month, so I would harvest a guess and say you could be called by end of year, if not early next year. Congrats again

karlospet wrote: »
    I am xxx .now i hope will be mire then 100 jobs

Not all of the top 100 will be able to take their positions so I'm sure you'll be fine for this year's classes.

I'm through. Over 60. Delighted!

Got onto the panel myself, absolutely delighted. I know it's early days but do we need to be worrying about the medical exam? Will something like the BMI or waist line have the potential rule you out of the process? Thanks.

Well done lads

I've made the panel myself, delighted, well done to anyone that made it, for those that didn't, it's not all bad, give it 120% for the next recruitment, I was in the same boat last recruitment, which made me more determined this time around.

As dmc36 asked, can anyone advise as to what is involved in medicals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Got onto the panel myself, absolutely delighted. I know it's early days but do we need to be worrying about the medical exam? Will something like the BMI or waist line have the potential rule you out of the process? Thanks.

If your BMI is over 30 you will have to pass the Chester step test

This is done in Dublin at the cost of 90 euros I believe.

Well done to everyone on getting panelled :-)

Advertisement