Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

As far as I know their waiting on results back from the testing company, but we should get a text/ email soon regarding it, second hand info so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MedicsRusIRE

As far as I know their waiting on results back from the testing company, but we should get a text/ email soon regarding it, second hand info so here's hoping

I don't know...
    The results should be instant. It's on a computer so the second you hit the "finish" button the results are there. They are easily collated.
    The delay is something else.
    Like I said, it should be "sometime this week"...

I don't know...
    The results should be instant. It's on a computer so the second you hit the "finish" button the results are there. They are easily collated.
    The delay is something else.
    Like I said, it should be "sometime this week"...

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, I was speaking to a friend also waiting on results and he contacted NRS and that was what he was told, frustrating for everyone involved left in limbo, a text or email wouldn't go astray

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, I was speaking to a friend also waiting on results and he contacted NRS and that was what he was told, frustrating for everyone involved left in limbo, a text or email wouldn't go astray

Agree entirely...
    No text or email is just bad manners

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

just got an email off them there, sometime this week we can expect the results :( the waiting continues

• Advertisement

dmc36 wrote: »
    just got an email off them there, sometime this week we can expect the results :( the waiting continues

Got a text a half hour ago but no email as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Got a text a half hour ago but no email as yet.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

Hey guys

Got a text too but no email ?
    To those who got it what was outlined on it or ?

Kinda strange haven't received it by now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

Hey guys

Got a text too but no email ?
    To those who got it what was outlined on it or ?

Kinda strange haven't received it by now ....

Outlined? I got both within 5 minutes of each other. Just saying nothing really, "we'll let you know later in the week".

Osgood wrote: »
    Outlined? I got both within 5 minutes of each other. Just saying nothing really, "we'll let you know later in the week".

Yeah i was just wondering what it said.

Cheers for reply .!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Did anyone hear anything yet?

Not a thing, hopefully tomorrow

All these things tend to only get out the door at 4.55pm on a Friday afternoon.

That'll do, as long as we don't have to wait ontill next week. Does anyone know what the eligibility sift is all about? Surely people were deemed ineligible if they didn't have any of the required certs going to aptitude, does it form part of the ranking process for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

That'll do, as long as we don't have to wait ontill next week. Does anyone know what the eligibility sift is all about? Surely people were deemed ineligible if they didn't have any of the required certs going to aptitude, does it form part of the ranking process for interview?

I doubt its part of the ranking, it's probably just a yes or no by Ucd. The eligibility shift looks at other nationalities qualifications and the like so they know they're comparing like for like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buffmeister

Just got an email there, invited to apply for an interview!
    Just read the application and it asks for your current employer to act as a referee! I started a new job a few weeks ago so don't know how that will go down :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

Just got an email there, invited to apply for an interview!
    Just read the application and it asks for your current employer to act as a referee! I started a new job a few weeks ago so don't know how that will go down :-/

"Do we have to ask your permission before contacting your referees?"
    "HELL YA!"

Congrats all who got through. I unfortunately didn't this time .! Going to be a long day at work ..... hopefully recruiting won't be another couple a year's! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 el83

Does anyone know how many were called for interview stage? Will they tell us what our aptitude score was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 giveago

Hi. Would anyone be so kind & give me a copy of the job specification!. Mine disappeared.

• Advertisement

giveago wrote: »
    Hi. Would anyone be so kind & give me a copy of the job specification!. Mine disappeared.
    You bring sick people to hospital in a yellow van, I'll see if I can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buffmeister

giveago wrote: »

I have a copy pm me your email address and I'll forward it on

Just got the form in last night. Anybody else find it tough?

stringbox wrote: »

Hell yes

More tricky than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

dmc36 wrote: »
    More tricky than anything

They are tricky I went trough it all in 2013 found the forms hard just do plenty of thinking about the compency examples you write as a good portion of the interview will be based on what you write you will be asked questions on it and asked to explain further and will be scored accordingly also is no harm having a second example of each in the back of your head as you could be asked for another example in interview

Ye, found the form tricky, had about a third of each page filled on first attempts, then I was running out of space!! Hopefully not too much waffle, and I hope to be able to lead the interview with what I wrote, hopefully enough to get called!!

Anyone have an idea when results for this round are suppose to be out? I thought I read somewhere Wednesday 1st, but could be wrong?

Anyone have an idea when results for this round are suppose to be out? I thought I read somewhere Wednesday 1st, but could be wrong?

I think I read something like that too but that was with the forms being submitted a week earlier than they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

mr ice wrote: »
    I doubt its part of the ranking, it's probably just a yes or no by Ucd. The eligibility shift looks at other nationalities qualifications and the like so they know they're comparing like for like.

The answer to this is 'no' it's not part of the ranking system. This is purely about reviewing educational quaifications to ensure that the definitely meet requirements.

Advertisement