Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on my work plan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I'm intrigued. Decided I'd join u. Since its Friday like.... went with orange juice though. So far so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Have to say on days on like this I'd agree with ya.....wish I was half cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I'm going for a strong cup of coffee now :)

Just having a beer at my desk ....

this is ok here on a Friday afternoon ... not so at 10.00 on Monday morning tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I just feel sleepy.. am I doing it wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Quitting is not an option but getting sacked is?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dick Dastardly

Everything ok OP? Working from home today?

Seriously OP, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee...
    ...and maybe fire a tot of brandy into it before any high powered meetings...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Up and attem OP....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

OP - Why don't you come back?
    Please hurry
    Why don't you come back?
    Please hurry

Just come back and stay for good this time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

OP - Why don't you come back?
    Please hurry
    Why don't you come back?
    Please hurry

Just come back and stay for good this time..

I'm with CC here OP. I get upset every time you go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fred Talbot

Well lads, quick update before bed. I promised myself I'd stay dry over the weekend and I did it! Well for Friday I did before going on the tear on Saturday. My life is literally too boring at the moment not to get drunk. Sunday was rough, was shaking till I got the hair of the dog.

Woke up this morning and felt rotten, had only postponed the hangover. The juice took the edge off though. Unfortunately I downed too much on an empty stomach and got a bit out of it around 11am. There was a comment made about me being away with the fairies or some ****, I just said I hadn't been sleeping well recently. I brought my naggin in with me to work which I think was a mistake as I felt paranoid carrying it around.

The boss left early but said he had something important to discuss with me tomorrow. Slightly nervous that my cover has been blown, but we shall see.

Might take a day or too off the booze just to clear my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Troll or re-reg. Maybe both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah dude, it's not good when you get the shakes. Put the naggin away like a good fella

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

OP, you will not be able to keep it up, "The Fear" will get ye, anxiety/panic attacks, serious **** street IMHO.

I would go down the jobs.ie route initially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Depends on your work, Fred. If it's a boring office job...work away. And good luck.

If you're a skyscraper window cleaner on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Depends on your work, Fred. If it's a boring office job...work away. And good luck.

If you're a skyscraper window cleaner on the other hand...

He could try drinking the Windowlean?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Didn't the last fella to try that "die" ... only to wake up in the funeral home a few days later ?

Some priest chap I think ...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Get a decent hip-flask, don't be carrying around a glass naggin like a teenager.

Sweet liquor eases the pain .... ahhhhhh , just took a nice long swig from a half jack ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

It will certainly help him to see things much more clearly.

OP, any updates ?

What was the 'serious chat' about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

OP, any updates ?

What was the 'serious chat' about ?

"What the fictional dipso did next"

By Makey-Up McFibs

I went dry today, couldn't face vodka again in the morning. I think the cranberry juice is giving me bad heartburn so I may need to find a something softer to use as a mixer. Maybe milk? Although that might not go well together and I might look strange drinking milk in the office. Another option would to just water it down, no one would be any the wiser.

The chat with the boss was fine, he wants me to attend a conference next month, so that's a big piss up to look forward too. Nearly died with anxiety thinking that someone had reported me for drinking on the job, some of the ****s here would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I went dry today, couldn't face vodka again in the morning. I think the cranberry juice is giving me bad heartburn so I may need to find a something softer to use as a mixer. Maybe milk? Although that might not go well together and I might look strange drinking milk in the office. Another option would to just water it down, no one would be any the wiser.

The chat with the boss was fine, he wants me to attend a conference next month, so that's a big piss up to look forward too. Nearly died with anxiety thinking that someone had reported me for drinking on the job, some of the ****s here would do that.

:confused:? why, it would be the best thing that could happen to you if they fire you, you are not happy there, life is too short fred, you should line up another job. in the meantime, maybe just drink at work two days a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Vodka and 7up ?, let the fizz go out of the 7up first, Aslo love the way you blame the cranberry juice, classic of never blaming the alcohol :D:pac: Sure if it wasent the bad curry it was the bad chips never ever the alcohol ;):) be careful mate.

Vodka and 7up ?, let the fizz go out of the 7up first, Aslo love the way you blame the cranberry juice, classic of never blaming the alcohol :D:pac: Sure if it wasent the bad curry it was the bad chips never ever the alcohol ;):) be careful mate.

That's not a bad idea, 7up or some other flat drink, thanks. I'd be concerned about the all the sugar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That's not a bad idea, 7up or some other flat drink, thanks. I'd be concerned about the all the sugar though.

7-Up Free it is so. That'll sort you right out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I love that sugar is a concern over the daily intake of alcohol :)
    Switch to chasing the dragon, it's sugar free and you get to go on 'smoke breaks'.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    :confused:? why, it would be the best thing that could happen to you if they fire you, you are not happy there, life is too short fred, you should line up another job. in the meantime, maybe just drink at work two days a week.

For many reasons. One, the shame of being fired, two, this job pays well and there's no guarantee I'll find something if I go, three having to explain why I left the job.

No I think I'll stay where I am. I plan to stick it out for another 3 years or so, hopefully by then I'll have a nice little bit saved up. Will have more options then.

Advertisement