Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on my work plan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fred Talbot

I occasionally have a whiskey when before I leave in the morning, just to ease my way into the day. Maybe 1/3rd of Naggin a day in work will keep things interesting.

Churchill did the same. In fact he drank throughout the day and won the war. There's a lesson in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Churchill did the same. In fact he drank throughout the day and won the war. There's a lesson in that.

Hire Russians to do the work for you??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

I use to work in the London back in the late 80s and most everyone had a few pints at lunchtime and then went back to work. I wouldn't mind we were on a building site! When I think about it now, it was pure madness.

Look OP if alcohol is getting in the way of your work then you and everyone here knows what you should do, give up work.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Poor taste? It's literally the first name that pooped into my head when registering.

Don't believe that for a second.

CFlat wrote: »
    I use to work in the London back in the late 80s and most everyone had a few pints at lunchtime and then went back to work. I wouldn't mind we were on a building site! When I think about it now, it was pure madness.

Look OP if alcohol is getting in the way of your work then you and everyone here knows what you should do, give up work.

Drinking pints is a bad idea since the hops make you drowsy. Vodka won't do that. Like I've said I've turned up drunk before and it's never held me back. If anything I performed better since I wasn't feeling stressed and angry.

• Advertisement

petrolcan wrote: »
    Don't believe that for a second.

Believe what you like.

Drinking pints is a bad idea since the hops make you drowsy. Vodka won't do that. Like I've said I've turned up drunk before and it's never held me back. If anything I performed better since I wasn't feeling stressed and angry.

Yea in fairness it would be difficult to hide a few pints of stout under your desk anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Yea in fairness it would be difficult to hide a few pints of stout under your desk anyway.

Put them in your belly

You could bring a hip flask in with you and take a few hits in the loo. I think it could work OP.

You could bring a hip flask in with you and take a few hits in the loo. I think it could work OP.

Ha I could, might raise a few eye brows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

maudgonner wrote: »
    Will we run a pool on what the OP does for a living?

My money is on TD.

Teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

maudgonner wrote: »
    Will we run a pool on what the OP does for a living?

My money is on TD.

I was thinking bolloxologist.
    Someone gifted with the art of talking bollocks.

I've a suggestion. Why don't you get a job where drinking alcohol is acceptable while you're doing that job?

A musician, a barman, a professional beer/wine taster. Ill try and think of some more.

I've a suggestion. Why don't you get a job where drinking alcohol is acceptable while you're doing that job?

A musician, a barman, a professional beer/wine taster. Ill try and think of some more.

Realistically what chance do I have a getting jobs like those? Right now I have a well paid, albeit tedious job. It would foolish to quit it.

Anyone having a drink by the way? Just opened another beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

God, man, mind yourself, I had already guessed that you might be a teacher.

You saw the advice I gave and what I do for myself, seriously, no job is worth your health and peace of mind. Could you take a leave of absence for a while, medically or career break?

A food critic or a spot on Sean Moncrieffs Movies and Booze on Newstalk. They always all sound tanked and they get paid for that!

Nope no alcohol here OP.

Vodka and cranberry juice is bought for tomorrow. I'll update this thread if anyone is interested tomorrow evening. Finishing this bottle and then bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

- Poet. Not just acceptable to drink on the job, I think it's mandatory.
    - Priest. Might get funny looks if you go too heavy on the altar wine though. Snatching it back off people at communion time and taking a sip yourself doesn't go down too well.
    - Customs officer (You might have to check the duty free contents to make sure they're for for consumption)
    - Santa Claus

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

A good choice of drink.

I think it's a very bad idea and the start of a slippery slope but am strangely fascinated (maybe I just like seeing strangers fail). I look forward to the updates.

Icaras wrote: »
    A good choice of drink.

I think it's a very bad idea and the start of a slippery slope but am strangely fascinated (maybe I just like seeing strangers fail). I look forward to the updates.

Yes I've been fascinated with the idea for a while too. There's something strangely gratifying about breaking social norms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

A TD! When you think about , I can't believe they have a bar at work!! WTF!!! Who has a bar at work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

How do you get to work Fred? Do you drive?

dbrunson wrote: »
    Teacher

No, I think he works in a beauty salon. He told me that if he brought a hip flask into work with him, it might raise a few eyebrows,

Wesser wrote: »
    How do you get to work Fred? Do you drive?

I'm lucky in that I can walk to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No, I think he works in a beauty salon. He told me that if he brought a hip flask into work with him, it might raise a few eyebrows,

Maybe he has no hips...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Great thread Fred. It's rare to see such a good OP.

Do let us know how it's working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Maybe he has no hips...

Interesting. As the wise woman Shakira taught us, the hips don't lie.

Therefore, if the OP does not have hips, he must be a liar.

QED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teemxxts

You will die of alcoholism after they fire you. Not a good plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭StanleyOllie

Consider putting the vodka in the water fountain. Then all your colleagues might also start enjoying work... finding each other attractive. Who knows where this could lead. Great idea altogether. I can think of no disadvantages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I used to go to work on Sunday's still drunk. Would start to sober up some part of the afternoon. Many the facial I have with the shakes, many the facial I had to leave to vomit. my face would be numb from the amount of vodka I'd have drank and the tell tale burn would be still at the back of my throat, so I'm sure there was a bang off me because I Used to be able to feel it coming out of my pores.

Good times.

Your tolerance will go up as the weeks go on and soon you'll be having a shoulder for breakfast

Advertisement