Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on my work plan?

Options
  • 05-04-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So, like many of you I hate my job. The work is tedious, my co-workers make the same inane conversation day in day out, and frankly I'm sick of it. Unfortunately quiting is just not an option right now.

Recently however, I've come into work still drunk from the night before and found those couple of hours before I sobered up to fly by. I'm now thinking of discreetly drinking throughout the day, just enough to get nicely buzzed, to make the day go quicker, and ultimately to make work bearable. Since I already drink most nights it's not as if I can't afford it. Also, to maintain health I'll no longer drink on the weekend.

My plan is to mix vodka (doesn't smell) with a bottle of fruit juice and just sip on it all day. I'm thinking a naggin a day but I'll probably have the spend the first week or two adjusting the dose. I don't have to drive or use machinery by the way.

Anyway doing/did this? And what are the possible pros and cons of this plan?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Yeah great idea, sure what can go wrong you donkey ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This may come in handy OP.

http://www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fred Talbot

Alcohol is not my issue, work is. Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Who told you vodka doesn't smell? The lads behind the bike shed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Cons:
    Possible alcoholism and passing out in work & pissing on yourself

Pros:
    you take the best selfies when drunk....which you'll now be able to do in work!!

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me, and remember, during the 11 o'clock tea break, a little dab of speed is just the ticket.

token101 wrote: »
    Who told you vodka doesn't smell? The lads behind the bike shed?

There is little or no smell off vodka when mixed.
    Cons :possible alcoholism and passing out in work & pissing on yourself

I'm be sipping on my vodka, not doing shots, so that won't happen.

Pros:
    you take the best selfies when drunk....which you'll now be able to do in work!!

Anything to liven up the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Go home OP, you're drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

There is little or no smell off vodka when mixed.

Anything to liven up the day.

Also you'll have the best snapchat story...just don't watch overly emotional YouTube videos.....could end horribly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm afraid alcohol is most certainly your problem when you are considering using it as a crutch to get you through the working day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

If work is starting to get affected by your drinking habits its prob time to give it up mate.

You'll prob find another job quick enough.

Once you sober up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Ruu wrote: »
    Go home OP, you're drunk.

Surely you mean go to work OP, you're drunk.

Lads I'll be sipping on diluted vodka, not slamming shots so I'm not going to be wasted in work. I'll out a lot of thought into this. If there was a chance of me injuring someone I obviously won't do it.

I'm interested to know if anyone currently does this or has done it in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Will we run a pool on what the OP does for a living?

My money is on TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You don't have a brother named Matt, by any chance...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Does the op happen to work below a bridge does anyone know?

endacl wrote: »
    You don't have a brother named Matt, by any chance...?

I do..total dry ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

maudgonner wrote: »
    Will we run a pool on what the OP does for a living?

My money is on TD.

I'm gonna go with pilot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Look man your work may not be that interesting but nobody forced you to become a LUAS driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Go for it OP.

What have you got to lose?

*apart from your dignity, family, home, savings, job, friends, liver function*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I do the same, op. Horse the red into me during halftime. Anyone says anything to me, just tell them it's an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

My plan is to mix vodka (doesn't smell) with a bottle of fruit juice and just sip on it all day. I'm thinking a naggin a day but I'll probably have the spend the first week or two adjusting the dose. I don't have to drive or use machinery by the way.

Anyone doing/did this?
    I'm pretty sure Boris Yeltsin did it.
    And what are the possible pros and cons of this plan?
    Judging from Boris' experience:
    Pro: You get to skip boring meet & greets in Shannon airport.
    Con: If you had sobered up a bit we mightn't be stuck with Putin now.

Thanks in advance.

You're very welcome. Nothing more impressive than a drunk who retains his good manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Your mood will be all over the place constantly. Very dangerous to your mental health.

Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

I have the opposite thoughts to this, regarding work (nothing stresses me more in life than work and having to do it).

I use work as a place to be as healthy as possible, drink herbal teas, exercise at lunch time, get my fruit and veg in, meditate at quiet moments, do social stuff there in my breaks that I would have to do at home. So when I can escape and go home, I can eat chocolate, veg in front of TV etc without feeling guilty.

I USED to be very unhealthy in work until a few years ago and I changed my thinking completely. I thought 'I have to be here, so I may as well use the time productively for my health'.

I get where you are coming from, believe me, it would still be easier for me to go in and stuff my face with crap there, to help me cope with being there. But I realised that far from helping me, it made everything much worse, generally.

Any chance you could look at using work to do some healthy things so that when you get home, you can have a drink or two then?

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Your mood will be all over the place constantly. Very dangerous to your mental health.

Don't do it.

Appreciate the concern but I'm an experienced drinker so I'm not worried. When you think about it I'll be actually be drinking less since I'll obviously have to stay in control. I get drunk most nights as it is so I'm simply inverting the situation, which may well be better for me in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

OP: don't be a d*ck

Also, your username is in poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

So, like many of you I hate my job. The work is tedious, my co-workers make the same inane conversation day in day out, and frankly I'm sick of it. Unfortunately quiting is just not an option right now.

Recently however, I've come into work still drunk from the night before and found those couple of hours before I sobered up to fly by. I'm now thinking of discreetly drinking throughout the day, just enough to get nicely buzzed, to make the day go quicker, and ultimately to make work bearable. Since I already drink most nights it's not as if I can't afford it. Also, to maintain health I'll no longer drink on the weekend.

Anyway doing/did this? And what are the possible pros and cons of this plan?

Thanks in advance.

Just bust a nut a few times in the toilet, tis a natural high i tell you.

caille wrote: »
    I have the opposite thoughts to this, regarding work (nothing stresses me more in life than work and having to do it).

Any chance you could look at using work to do some healthy things so that when you get home, you can have a drink or two then?

Haven't though of that. If the vodka plan fails I'll consider it.
    petrolcan wrote: »
    OP: don't be a d*ck

Also, your username is in poor taste.

Poor taste? It's literally the first name that pooped into my head when registering.
    Just bust a nut a few times in the toilet, tis a natural high i tell you.

I'd be red raw if followed that approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I occasionally have a whiskey when before I leave in the morning, just to ease my way into the day. Maybe 1/3rd of Naggin a day in work will keep things interesting.

Gambling could be another option to keep yourself occupied. Just small bets 20c-50c. Watch the races when you are in work. Pick one race meeting try to decide who you will go for in the next race. There is usually a race every 30 mins or so.

Advertisement