Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on my work plan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Right so day one done and dusted. Got up and stared at the naggin and very nearly chickened out. But I thought of Churchill starting the day with a scotch and soda and manned up and went for it. Mixed about half a naggin into about 400ml of cranberry juice, took a good swig, and trudged into work as usual.

To be honest I felt a bit out of it for the first half hour or so but I held it together and just had a few sips every now and again. It worked! Got a nice mellow buzz and just went with it. Just before the coffee break I thought of something funny and started giggling to myself which got a few looks but so what. Being a bit introverted I normally find the break a bit of a chore since I'm forced to interact with my co-workers but today I breezed it. I'll have to lie to my colleagues and tell them I took up yoga or something to explain my new positive demeanour

Back at the desk and the good vibes continued. At one stage I just walked around the building on the pretense of looking for a file just to enjoy that feeling of having no worries. Unfortunately sobered up a bit after lunch and soon ran dry so the last hour dragged on. May have to top up on the vodka during the lunch break. Don't want to go into work with a naggin in my coat pocket, would make me paranoid.

All in all a pretty good day. Will do the same again tomorrow.

Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fred Talbot

Rackstar wrote: »
    Watch season 10 of Trailer Park Boys, you are Jim Leahy. He uses a breathalyser to ensure he is topped up correctly / nicely buzzed. Look how he turns out.

Ha that's funny. I'll never watched it, I'll have to check it out.

Ha that's funny. I'll never watched it, I'll have to check it out.

Will you up your dose tomorrow?

Will you up your dose tomorrow?

Thinking of topping up at lunch time.

Thinking of topping up at lunch time.

Mix it up a bit, a few shots of whiskey would keep ya topped up good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

I was think Fred, since you ran out at lunchtime you might want to alternate the method of consumption just for the Craic like. Have you contemplated getting a medium gauge syringe and injecting a shot of vodka each into a couple of oranges or mandarins? These can then be eaten at lunchtime or throughout the afternoon. People will think you're a health ninja when really on the p1ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A line of Coke when you feel yourself about to fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

a naggin of vodka a day OP?

watch out for the old pancreatitis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

My plan is to mix vodka (doesn't smell) with a bottle of fruit juice and just sip on it all day. I'm thinking a naggin a day but I'll probably have the spend the first week or two adjusting the dose.
    Watch the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" with Nicholas Cage, I forget the actress unfortunately. It's right down your street or where you want to go Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Watch the movie "Leaving Las Vegas" with Nicholas Cage, I forget the actress unfortunately. It's right down your street or where you want to go Fred.

I don't know. Dying while drinking vast amounts of alcohol while shagging Elizabeth Shue. I could think of worse ways to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I think this will turn out to be one of those classic threads that will be linked in the sticky :)

OP, did you have a whole naggin of Vodka today ? surely not ?

5rtytry56 wrote: »

Seen it. A much better movie about alcoholism is Trees Lounge with Steve Buscemi.
    I think this will turn out to be one of those classic threads that will be linked in the sticky :)

More than half. I've started on the beer I still have in the house even do I said I wouldn't drink at night. Oh well.

Thanks for the movie recommendation.

But seriosuly, I know this is AH and some of this story is probably exagerrated/in humour, but if not - you might want to cut down a bit.

But please give us another update tomoz!

Thanks for the movie recommendation.

But seriosuly, I know this is AH and some of this story is probably exagerrated/in humour, but if not - you might want to cut down a bit.

But please give us another update tomoz!

Will do. Another day on the vodka tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

CFlat wrote: »
    I assume you did that on purpose?

naaah,,,jezabit deerrrunk:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

You'll need that naggin tomorrow after the beer and vodka hangover. Then at the weekend you'll need a few to keep away the hangover.

Few weeks later you'll slipping around in yer own pish a few hundred quid worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

CFlat wrote: »
    I don't know. Dying while drinking vast amounts of alcohol while shagging Elizabeth Shue. I could think of worse ways to go.

He's not able to shag her

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

I think you should take a few days off work. Try a day swigging raspberry and vodka. Then drink your few cans before getting a good night sleep.
    You should consider Kahlua and coffee in your travel mug for the journey to work.

This thread might be a wind up. If you are considering drinking vodka during the day ,, just to get you through the day. Your drinking in work will certainly be noticed.

Cut down your drinking, for your own sanity.

I'm no one to give advice on this subject

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Op first post sounds exactly like my life up till recent...I too had thoughts of sneaking a bottle of vodka into work and sipping merrily away all day because HATED my job... I failed to go through with it when I realised the dangerous nature of such a folly.....Here I am two months later in a nee job and happier than ever....money is not as good and frankly who cares....your health is your wealth...... ps....vodka and orange is delicious...

...half a naggin...
    ...took a good swig...
    ...To be honest I felt a bit out of it for the first half hour...

Half a naggin?

Out of it after a swig?

You need to up your game mister. Maybe a sherry trifle at lunch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Or a packet of wine gums!

A "whole" naggin??
    That's about 3 pints of beer. Hardly enough to get you mashed

HensVassal wrote: »
    A "whole" naggin??
    That's about 3 pints of beer. Hardly enough to get you mashed

Well 3 pints would have me fairly touched, not falling over the place, but I'd be caught in work!

Yes i'm a lightweight.

OP I hope you aren't an air traffic controller - or work with dangerous machinery :D

Well 3 pints would have me fairly touched, not falling over the place, but I'd be caught in work!

Yes i'm a lightweight.

OP I hope you aren't an air traffic controller - or work with dangerous machinery :D

I don't drink at work.

I don't drink at work.

No, sorry , I was asking the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

I don't drink at work.

Glad to see somebody has the brains to acknowledge the correct way to behave in the workplace

Glad to see somebody has the brains to acknowledge the correct way to behave in the workplace

I'm not saying I'm happy with the situation.

Any OP are you back on the sauce today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

All in all, this was a very good FICTIONAL thread on boards.

OP is great at creative writing.

it was interesting how the OP used an alcoholic loser idiot to be the main character in this piece of fictional writing. good on ye.

All in all, this was a very good FICTIONAL thread on boards.

OP is great at creative writing.

it was interesting how the OP used an alcoholic loser idiot to be the main character in this piece of fictional writing. good on ye.

Cue pic of Smirnoff being poured into cranberry bottle followed by face-pixelated selfie of drinking cranberry "juice" in office environment, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The problem with this is when the OP decides to volunteer to work weekends.

Advertisement