Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nedved85 wrote: »

The rear seat seems very close to the floor, causing the knees to be bent a lot and seem high.
    I guess that is how they achieved the headroom in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

kev22185 wrote: »
    RedorDead wrote: »
    LHD model in sandyford now. Bob Flavin saying it will (unofficially) cost from €49k. This would be post grant i would assume?

Hopefully this is the price for a better version than standard range plus. Very disappointing if that's the post grant price for SR+. That would have Ireland as the 3rd/4th most expensive country in Europe despite a healthy grant. Cause.....Ireland?

I was sure it would be closer to Germany / France - 42-44k post grant.

Part of grant is actually a VRT rebate of 5,000.

There will still be some VRT to be paid even with the VRT rebate taken off.

The initial Kona price had 710 euros VRT absorbed by Hyundai

Something other countries don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€49k after grant makes no sense to me for the standard range plus. It's €47k in the Netherlands and they have no grants (but slightly lower VAT). Should be more like €44k-€45k here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    €49k after grant makes no sense to me for the standard range plus. It's €47k in the Netherlands and they have no grants (but slightly lower VAT). Should be more like €44k-€45k here

I think it's 49k before the SEAI grant, but with already reduced VRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Didn't he say that it's the similar price as a Kona? That puts it under €40K. Unless he's giving out false information. He did say €49 before grants.

grogi wrote: »
    unkel wrote: »

I think it's 49k before the SEAI grant, but with already reduced VRT.

I got the impression that an earlier poster was told by Tesla Sandyford that 48/49 k was AFTER grant.

Would not want to be in the back of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Bob flavin, mentioned in his video that it was 49k ( same price as a kona) maybe I'm wrong but maybe tesla are trying to keep under the 50K BIK threshold for company car market?

But in his youtube video Bob Flavin implies the 49 k is "before discounts" and that the car will be similarly priced to Kona.

• Advertisement

jordan191 wrote: »
    Bob flavin, mentioned in his video that it was 49k ( same price as a kona) maybe I'm wrong but maybe tesla are trying to keep under the 50K BIK threshold for company car market?

That could well be it. A lot of black Stardard Range Plus Model 3s with the aero wheels if that's the case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So what are the ranges on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Old diesel wrote: »
    I got the impression that an earlier poster was told by Tesla Sandyford that 48/49 k was AFTER grant.

They will sell close to zero if that's after grant. If before the 5k, they will sell like cupcakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Standard+ 240 miles (386 km) RWD
    LongRange 325 miles (523 km) AWD Dual Motor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

According to Wikipedia, the Model 3 Standard Range version delivers an EPA-rated range of 220 miles (354 km) and the Long Range version delivers 325 miles (523 km).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

grogi wrote: »
    They will sell close to zero if that's after grant. If before the 5k, they will sell like cupcakes.

I think they’ll sell loads tbh
    Lots of people currently on the fence and I’d say are waiting for them.

*one of us are wrong though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Sabre Man wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, the Model 3 Standard Range version delivers an EPA-rated range of 220 miles (354 km) and the Long Range version delivers 325 miles (523 km).

From what's been published so far, it looks like the Model 3 will compete head-on with the VW ID.3 (in its smallest and largest battery configs) for range. Not exactly the same car segments, but not very unalike either. Let the competition begin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Old diesel wrote: »
    But in his youtube video Bob Flavin implies the 49 k is "before discounts" and that the car will be similarly priced to Kona.

Man that would be nice

Have my 5 second car :D

pdpmur wrote: »
    From what's been published so far, it looks like the Model 3 will compete head-on with the VW ID.3 (in its smallest and largest battery configs) for range. Not exactly the same car segments, but not very unalike either. Let the competition begin!

Model 3 will probably have a lot more where it matters range too

Can't see the Berlingo looking ID matching the sleek Model 3 efficiency on the motorway

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Man that would be nice

Have my 5 second car :D

Fast and the Furious reference?

• Advertisement

Model 3 will probably have a lot more where it matters range too

Can't see the Berlingo looking ID matching the sleek Model 3 efficiency on the motorway

:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

We were after putting a refundable deposit down on the new leaf which is supposedly available in July but I think we will hold out now to see what the pricing is like on the Tesla and also on the new Kia. It's all so vague at the moment though! No cars to test drive and no prices yet. Guy on phone said the price should be out in may - hope so!

Deer wrote: »
    We were after putting a refundable deposit down on the new leaf which is supposedly available in July but I think we will hold out now to see what the pricing is like on the Tesla and also on the new Kia. It's all so vague at the moment though! No cars to test drive and no prices yet. Guy on phone said the price should be out in may - hope so!

Leaf62?

Deer wrote: »

Until VW release pricing the whole market is going to fluctuate over the next few months....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

€€€..(BOTTOM LINE)

Until VW release pricing the whole market is going to fluctuate over the next few months....

Agree

Price is king

Every owner I know is a cheapskate ( no offence ), they don't care what they drive as long as it's...

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Agree

Price is king

Every owner I know is a cheapskate ( no offence ), they don't care what they drive as long as it's...

That's why EV is perfect for most people because they are cheapskates and only care about saving money it's not about the joy of driving. 99% of EV owners are not car enthusiasts.

Agree

Price is king

I don't think people are cheapskate's otherwise everyone would be driving a Leaf or Zoe. A 40k Kona is hardly a cheapskate

I do think if VW came out in 11 days time and said the ID.3 is starting at 25k into the hand and has similar range to the Model 3 then Tesla are fairly f**ked. If the Model 3 will really be 39k into the hand. For the sake of 6-7 months people will old onto 10k plus.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    That's why EV is perfect for most people because they are cheapskates and only care about saving money it's not about the joy of driving. 99% of EV owners are not car enthusiasts.

Keep telling yoursef that.....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Keep telling yoursef that.....

Well please feel free to expand your comment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement