Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

KCross wrote: »
    Depends on which model he is referring to... SR, SR+, LR, Performance etc. If not the SR model it could easily be €49k after grant! ;)
    post grant == after grant no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

October / November delivery?!!

Screw that. I should have gone for an S5 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

hatrack wrote: »
    October / November delivery?!!

Screw that. I should have gone for an S5 months ago.

Who said that?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Who said that?

Bob Flavin.

Also some guys on Model3ownersclub (or whatever it’s called now) said the guys in Sandyford don’t think the Irish configurator will open until the end of May.

I’m close to giving up on owning a Tesla, have needed a car for months and been putting it off. Don’t think I can manage 6 more months.

EDIT: Here’s the Tweet. Think he’s in Sandyford today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I was in there Saturday and he told me the configurator is only going live in the UK this week and Ireland will probably be the following month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

post grant == after grant no? :pac:

:)
    I did misread it.

However, same point.... its hard to tell whether its a pre or post grant price as the model isnt mentioned.

It could be a pre-grant SR model or a post grant higher spec model. Its anyones guess really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:)
    I did misread it.

However, same point.... its hard to tell whether its a pre or post grant price as the model isnt mentioned.

It could be a pre-grant SR model or a post grant higher spec model. Its anyones guess really.

Yup sure we’re no better off. Time will tell hopefully soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Looks absolutely fantastic in Red with Silver wheels. From what I was told:-
    RedorDead wrote: »
    LHD so i would assume its static display only. Ring them and ask.

Yes - static display only.
    If not the SR model it could easily be €49k after grant! ;)

48k apparently after grant/incentives

hatrack wrote: »
    Bob Flavin.

...don’t think the Irish configurator will open until the end of May.

Mid May apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I'd be going for 49 k AFTER grant for the most basic Model 3 with ZERO options.

It's in Teslas interest to give the lower of the before and after grants figures.

So if the 49 k BEFORE grants then it would look great for Tesla to say "you will be able to get a Model 3 at under 40 k.

For the same reason - the from 49 k is for lower spec too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Apologies - I see someone has confirmed the after grant situation while I typed.

• Advertisement

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Looks absolutely fantastic in Red with Silver wheels. From what I was told:-

Yes - static display only.

48k apparently after grant/incentives

Mid May apparently.

Deliveries October / November has to be wrong then. Whilst there are cases of long gaps between order and delivery it should be no more than 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery for the first shipments.

Old diesel wrote: »
    I'd be going for 49 k AFTER grant for the most basic Model 3 with ZERO options.

It's in Teslas interest to give the lower of the before and after grants figures.

So if the 49 k BEFORE grants then it would look great for Tesla to say "you will be able to get a Model 3 at under 40 k.

For the same reason - the from 49 k is for lower spec too.

49k is also keeping it in the <50k bracket for the free BIK.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Maybe October / November is for walk-ins. There will be an initial batch of UK/Ireland reservation holders to handle.

49k is also keeping it in the <50k bracket for the free BIK.

Correcting myself... it actually doesnt if its the after grant price as the BIK is based off RRP, not after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

RedorDead wrote: »
    LHD model in sandyford now. Bob Flavin saying it will (unofficially) cost from €49k. This would be post grant i would assume?

Hopefully this is the price for a better version than standard range plus. Very disappointing if that's the post grant price for SR+. That would have Ireland as the 3rd/4th most expensive country in Europe despite a healthy grant. Cause.....Ireland?

I was sure it would be closer to Germany / France - 42-44k post grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Bob Flavin just said: "(49k) before government grants. Puts it at the same price at Hyundai Kona"

The grant is €5k, right? So that would mean €44k, or is there some other incentive/levy I'm missing?

The grant is €5k, right? So that would mean €44k, or is there some other incentive/levy I'm missing?

I think the incentives in total are worth €10k. 5K SEAI Grant and 5K VRT Government grant. Open to correction on this though.

I think the incentives in total are worth €10k. 5K SEAI Grant and 5K VRT Government grant. Open to correction on this though.

Fantastic, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

VRT rebate

• Advertisement

Details here : https://www.gov.ie/en/service/electric-vehicle-grant-scheme/

"SEAI is offering grants of up to €5,000 for a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) or a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) purchased and registered in Ireland. In addition, these vehicles also qualify for VRT relief of up to €5,000 for a BEV and €2,500 for a PHEV, providing a maximum combined subsidy (grant + VRT relief) of €10,000 for BEVs and €7,500 for PHEVs. Grants are accessed via the dealer. "

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Bob Flavin just said: "(49k) before government grants. Puts it at the same price at Hyundai Kona"

I wish he was right, but I was told today, they hope it to come in at 48k after grants/incentives..

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    I wish he was right, but I was told today, they hope it to come in at 48k after grants/incentives..

Yeah, It would be very strange for Ireland to have one of the lowest price Model 3's in Europe.

Yeah, It would be very strange for Ireland to have one of the lowest price Model 3's in Europe.

Are many other European countries offering €10k in tax incentives?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

It's more like €5k, the other €5k is a VRT deduction, so most other countries wouldn't add on VRT to begin with.

Each country varies their incentives but the final price you see on the tesla.fr/de/etc websites are post incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

49k for the SR +, after grants seems about right. If you compare the price of the model s in other European markets we price very similar to italy. The SR + is 48500 in Italy so I would expect very similar here

mick2311 wrote: »
    49k for the SR +, after grants seems about right. If you compare the price of the model s in other European markets we price very similar to italy. The SR + is 48500 in Italy so I would expect very similar here

Which would put the LR version at around €59k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

I fear the Model 3 SR+ will be at the higher end of the other European prices.

Don't forget there will be a residual VRT after grant, of about €3K (Depending on MRSP) Plus extra VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

If they are 'launching' the car today, are they actually releasing any info? No press releases?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement