Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

AudiKid wrote: »
    Would somebody please send me the interview forms if possible?

try download it and open it through adobe rather than your browser, that seems to work

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Depp wrote: »
    try download it and open it through adobe rather than your browser, that seems to work

I only found out that I passed today.

I wasn't sent anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

No more sneak peeking and trespassing for me here! ;) I'm legal :p
    Happy to see you here Daisy and AudiKid :) and well done people :) it's getting real now! Good luck to people who will have their interviews soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Would it be safe to assume that interviews for people who got results today won't start till early June? Kind of of hoping that's the case as have exams in may. Also assume they are held in regional centres?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Would it be safe to assume that interviews for people who got results today won't start till early June? Kind of of hoping that's the case as have exams in may. Also assume they are held in regional centres?

Interviews are held in Dublin in PAS.

Medicals are in Garda HQ in Phoenix Park.

Fitness Tests are held in the Garda College in Templemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Now for the next wait....!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Hard to tell, I've holidays booked for a week in July so I might send them an email saying I'll be out of the country from X - Y .. Knowing my luck mine will land bang smack in the middle :p

dalenka wrote: »
    No more sneak peeking and trespassing for me here! ;) I'm legal :p
    Happy to see you here Daisy and AudiKid :) and well done people :) it's getting real now! Good luck to people who will have their interviews soon!

I'm glad your here to dalenka. You did really well to pass the first two stages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

AudiKid wrote: »
    I'm glad your here to dalenka. You did really well to pass the first two stages :)

Congrats AudiKid & Dalenka :)

AM11 wrote: »
    Now for the next wait....!

This is the part I don't mind.

We have time now to plan for the interview, get all our forms, and certs together, and the most important part of working on fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Did everybody get results today?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

Yes I think so. No one complained they did not get any info so all results must be finally out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

I was informed today that it will likely be end of may for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

Sup, been here before did my last interview in November passed it. Passed the medical/ physical blah blah blah but after a bit of vetting and them realising Id been a bold boy in my younger years the brass declined me. Nevertheless, im back at the interview stage and will continue to apply until they deem me suitable.

Moving on, i can answer any questions ye may have. Tip numero uno I used career services for an interview prep the last time and it was top notch.

Tip numero 2 - full suit, jacket shirt, tie (i like the double windsor knot myself), suit pants, shoes etc. Men clean shaven.

Tip numero 3 - actually thats all I can think of right now but i'm here to provide info on my experience anyway folks and I wish ye the best of luck.

Oh last thing more to do with life experience but in interviews I always try to be humble in my approach to the interview yet confident in my experience, knowledge and preperation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

It's great to finally be here posting in this thread!

Now let's pass these interviews and achieve our dreams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alanw249

Time to start posting here then guys :)! Congrats to all that got results today and it's never too early to start interview prepping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CR293

Delighted to be here lads! Congrats to everyone who made it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

Really happy to be in this forum, thanks to all for advice and stuff on previous forums really kept me informed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Delighted to be posting here as well. Interview is my main worry. Fitness and medical tests won't be any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

If my memory serves me right .. We received a message on PAS a while back of stuff to start gathering incase we got to the interview stage ... I can't seem to find it :( .. Can anyone tell me what I need to start finding like Leaving Cert results and stuff :)

• Advertisement

CreamTim wrote: »
    If my memory serves me right .. We received a message on PAS a while back of stuff to start gathering incase we got to the interview stage ... I can't seem to find it :( .. Can anyone tell me what I need to start finding like Leaving Cert results and stuff :)

We got a checklist after completing stage 2, mine is back at home but IIRC, it said we needed an original copy of our LC results plus photocopies, proof that we speak 2 languages (LC is fine), birth cert and photo ID. I'll doublecheck when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Its the long birth cert you need, just make sure you have it. Takes 10 days to get it in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Thank you RedmondHR and Lockstep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laffs_a_lot

Does anyone know how far Pas are through the interviews? In or around what oom range they're on?

Trying to guess when I might be called!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mac22

Just thought I'd stop by here and leave a comment, fair play and well done to all who passed, thankfully I also passed and wait on an interview date. Having failed stage 3 last time round I know what it's like to be out of the race but next time round it will be easier for those who have the experience of getting to this stage. Anyone know what stage they are already at with interviews?

The week keeps getting better.

Yesterday I was told I passed stage 2, and today a nice Nigerian man just emailed me offering me millions of Dollars :)

I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in stall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Lockstep wrote: »
    Delighted to be posting here as well. Interview is my main worry. Fitness and medical tests won't be any trouble.

I think a fair few of us are in the same boat with the interview being the big hurdle. Im not the fittest person around but with the amount of time to prepare for it we should all be in reasonable shape by the time we head down for the PCT

CreamTim wrote: »

We need to bring the following:
    • Valid passport or drivers' license plus photocopies
    • Long version of birth cert and a copy
    • Original Leaving Certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lockstep wrote: »
    We need to bring the following:
    • Valid passport or drivers' license plus photocopies
    • Long version of birth cert and a copy
    • Original Leaving Certificate

has to be the coloured version of the leaving aswel for whatever reason, also theres a form you can get from the garda station that will work as id if you dont have a passport or a license

• Advertisement

Does anybody know,

Do we get our interview date, and time, along with the familiarisation material, and forms?

or

Do we get them separately?

Advertisement