Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options
  • 24-03-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

New thread with regards to the interview to avoid confusion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Bit early to start this no :p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Bit early to start this no :p

Think positive ha 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Little bit early but at least we have a point of reference now instead of tripping over other threads

Sup Bitches, Im here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Achilies

Anyone having trouble downloading the form?

• Advertisement

Yea, in work and doing it on my phone. Will do it properly when I get home.

I have tried two different computers and it stills says that adobe is not up to date,even after downloading the recent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

I'm working in a printing shop, with all the latest software imaginable, and can't get it open!

Will try it when I get home, If I have any luck and you still dont will send it to you.

baldshin wrote: »
    I'm working in a printing shop, with all the latest software imaginable, and can't get it open!

Yeah it looks like they probably forgot to upload it or there is something wrong etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi,

Congrats to those who passed today.
    I've got a question, at what time of day did you receive your message on the publicjobs website? I'm having an issue here where I got a text and an email notifying me that I have a message but there's no new messagel in my public jobs inbox??? Anyone else experiencing this??

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Can't open that form for love nor money!

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi,

Congrats to those who passed today.
    I've got a question, at what time of day did you receive your message on the publicjobs website? I'm having an issue here where I got a text and an email notifying me that I have a message but there's no new messagel in my public jobs inbox??? Anyone else experiencing this??

I got mine around four thirty, if that helps?

Anyone have any luck opening that interview form?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dosyrosy1990

Achilies wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble downloading the form?

Did you get to download the form?

Can you send me on link please? Mine won't open.

Can you send me on link please? Mine won't open.

DosyRosy! Open the file.
    Download the file and save it to you computer.
    Open the file through your documents.
    Should work that way.
    If not will send it too you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aishlingoc

Is the order of merit where we placed out of everyone doing the 2nd stage?

Yea, order we will be called up for interviews i'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Aishlingoc

DosyRosy! Open the file.
    Download the file and save it to you computer.
    Open the file through your documents.
    Should work that way.
    If not will send it too you.

Tried this and it didn't work for me, any chance you could send on the link in your own time, thanks.

Feeling a bit sick looking at that interview form! (Thanks for the tip on how to open it btw) I don't have any community/voluntary experience. Also big gaps in my employment history. Is that me gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

know them feels! its very Intimidating

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

The 2 questions on the interview form is hardly all they will judge us on is it? Surely there's going to be more info given to us when we get our date and times??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

df14 wrote: »
    The 2 questions on the interview form is hardly all they will judge us on is it? Surely there's going to be more info given to us when we get our date and times??

Have you recieved the information about competencies? There are six you will have to demonstrate to the interviewers using examples. I can't remember them at the moment but I think they should be available online or at least in the thread on the interviews from the last competition.

Mudmask wrote: »
    Have you recieved the information about competencies? There are six you will have to demonstrate to the interviewers using examples. I can't remember them at the moment but I think they should be available online or at least in the thread on the interviews from the last competition.

Ya I saw them alright mentioned from before but didn't receive anything mentioning them so was just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

df14 wrote: »
    Ya I saw them alright mentioned from before but didn't receive anything mentioning them so was just wondering

Ah yeah if you haven't gotten them yet it will come with your date and time :)

Just checked my message from last year, you will get a familiarisation booklet with your invitation to interview, just a couple of pages. The competencies were: Resilience, Serving the Public, Problem Solving, Interpersonal skills, Personal Effectiveness and Commitment to the role.
    :)

Mudmask wrote: »
    Ah yeah if you haven't gotten them yet it will come with your date and time :)

Just checked my message from last year, you will get a familiarisation booklet with your invitation to interview, just a couple of pages. The competencies were: Resilience, Serving the Public, Problem Solving, Interpersonal skills, Personal Effectiveness and Commitment to the role.
    :)

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

anyone know of anywhere where you can do like a mock interview or whatever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Montague4LC

Do people know if its very hard to pass this test if youre not a garda reserve?
    And lets say your order of merit is 300 does that mean you placed 200th out of the 1700 that did stage 2?

Advertisement