Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

DuffsC wrote: »
    Can any girl Dats done there interview help me? Did any of yu wear ur hair down??

You can wear your hair any way you like, just make sure its neat. I had mine down but I don't have the longest of hair. I saw a girl with it up just before me in a simple pony tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Hi..I've my interview coming up on 25 September...can you tell me where to find the interview form..is this a different form to the Form B?? Any info would be much appreciated.

Mowley wrote: »
    Hi..I've my interview coming up on 25 September...can you tell me where to find the interview form..is this a different form to the Form B?? Any info would be much appreciated.

Hey the interview form was done when you applied as far as I remember doing it? If not if you log into your public jobs account and find it through your messages they should have sent you one, on the day or after you passed your stage 2. The interview form has your leaving cert/uni/college results etc your hobbies and achievements it's different to form B.

Thanks a mill...I was getting worried for a min..that form was filled out at initial application...I thought there might have been another one....

What to wear to interview...being female is it better to wear trouser suit or skirt and jacket? Any advice appreciated!

• Advertisement

What to wear to interview...being female is it better to wear trouser suit or skirt and jacket? Any advice appreciated!

Hi wear what you are must comfortable in. I wore a dress, tights and jacket. Some girls I saw wore skirt with shirt and jacket and other with trousers, it's ones personal choice.

Thanks Capricorn 19...when did you have your interview and where are you at now?

Thanks Capricorn 19...when did you have your interview and where are you at now?

I did my interview back in Febuary I did a Medical in March and got a deferral I have the re test this coming week.

Best of luck with it!

Best of luck with it!

Thank you good luck to you to :)

• Advertisement

I did my interview back in Febuary I did a Medical in March and got a deferral I have the re test this coming week.

Any tips for the interview? Nervous now...

Any tips for the interview? Nervous now...

I answered a similar question way back.. I had two interviews failed the first one from the January 2016 campaign. The following are some questions I was asked over both interviews. I hope in some way it helps.. these are over all the competencies that are asked..

In the interview just be yourself, don't look like you just went and learnt off things by heart and go in a ramble them off! they HATE that.

Know the general course...subjects..how long.. and phases 1 and 2.. what subjects you'll like what ones you will dislike

Look over the five competencies that are given on the form and think of any question that can be asked.. have atleast two or three short stories of each one. use the STAR technique (Situation, task, action and your result)

In relation to questions I was asked.. these are over both interviews I've had..

- how do you organise your time?
    - How would you deal with boring work?
    - How do you handle losing? ( that was in relation to my sport.. its basically seeing if your a big head or do you quit)
    - Have you ever made a bad decision.. if you could go back in time is there a time you would change something you did?
    - what frustrates you?
    - what area would you like to work in?
    - where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
    - if you fail the interview what would you do?
    - why did you choose that certain course in college/university? Why did you pick those subjects?
    - what do people say about you at work?
    - when coaching the young kids in sport what do you teach them? (not the sport itself.. but like friendship or good in loss that kinda thing)
    - Have you ever seen a gaurd work as a team and make a decision?
    - What responsibilities/ essential functions did you have in your last role? (in relation to work or community involvement)
    - Give an example of a time when you had to make a quick decision.
    - What has been the hardest or most difficult part of your present job?
    - Give me an example of a time when you had a number of competing priorities?
    - How would you deal with mobile phones in your face?
    - What do you think about drugs and sport? (those sort of questions are asked if you are involved in sport down in your form)
    - what would be a hard task for you to do as a gaurd?
    - would you be seen as different once you are a member?
    - what can you bring strenghts and weakness?
    - Why do you want to join when there is such bad press lately?
    - how did you prepare for today?
    - Are you able to quit sport once you are a member? (say no.. work takes priority but you will get involved in the local community sports but you wont be able to train yourself at the same level or enough to)
    - How would you deal with people shouting at you from all angles?
    - Ever been criticised for work you did how did you deal with it? (project you did, sport community work, school work, college work etc)
    - If you had a hard day at work ? would you quit? how would you deal with it?
    - If you made plans and they changed suddenly how you deal with that? If you had a day plan and something happened throughout day what would you do? would you continue with your plan of work or what....
    - why do gaurds need resilience?
    - The positive and negatives of being a gaurd especially the areas you want to work in.. know this you can go to your local gs and I'm sure they will tell you from there experiences.
    - How do you deal with hardship?
    -

Make sure when they ask a question that you have an example.

be able to give why you are motivated to be a gaurd.. if you have a family member a gaurd don't say them first, say your motivated for yourself and give how you motivate yourself then you can mention a family member or friend that's a gaurd (just my opinion i was told this by a superintendent in my local gs)

When i mentioned a situation I was involved in they asked me was there other options I could have done to achieve the end goal.. this was in relation to stewarding at a road race and a incident occurred.
    Why did you choose that method instead of another solution?

Put yourself in some situations like car crash, robbery, walking down busy road and water protesters at you (i got that one) how would you deal with that situation.

at the end of the interview they will say do you have any questions don't say no.. if you have anything to ask fair enough but included that you want this career (don't say its a job) and you think its a fantastic career and you would love to be part of it..

They will keep interrupting you at times don't take this as bad! they want to get as much information from you as possible! They want you to pass.

Hope this helps a small bit! Stay calm and be yourself.. make sure they know you want it! but don't come across bad. Sell yourself!

The best of luck!

Capricorn 19 thank you so much for putting that excellent detail up and for your time. I really appreciate it. Hard questions. I have a lot of work to do! Again thanks a million. This is going to be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 abz54

Is there a what’s app group for batch 9

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

What the story with the start of the interview, do you have to describe yourself & introducing yourself along with your career history? Or will they do it for you?

Advertisement