Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Depp wrote: »
    anyone know of anywhere where you can do like a mock interview or whatever?

Maybe careerservices ? None available at the moment sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Have a look at www.gardaip.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I know of a recently retired sergeant who does competency based interview prep. Includes filling out the forms with you etc. If you pm me i'll find out if she can accommodate people. A friend of mine did it before the last campaign and he's now stationed in Kildare. I'm booked in with her for Monday. Price is lower than anywhere else I've seen and she says it will take about 2 hours in total.

Edit: She's in South Dublin and you have to travel to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi,

Congrats to those who passed today.
    I've got a question, at what time of day did you receive your message on the publicjobs website? I'm having an issue here where I got a text and an email notifying me that I have a message but there's no new messagel in my public jobs inbox??? Anyone else experiencing this??

What date did you do your stage 2? I sat mine on April 1st but haven't heard anything back.

Should we put our Leaving cert as a qualification yous think ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Should we put our Leaving cert as a qualification yous think ?

I would think so, anything you got a certificate for I think, thats what I'm putting in anyway ☺

Yea, I dunno. The layout does not really suit it for the leaving cert:/
    Anyone else having difficulties for section B? Cant seem to enter anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

More info today I wonder???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Lads can somebody send me a link to the application form? I'm on holidays and back on Friday and I can't open the form in the internet cafe here.

I don't have admin priviledges on a public computer so I can't open it!

This computer doesn't have the latest version of adobe so it won't open the PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Check yer inboxes :)

• Advertisement

Got mine there, now the fun part :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

Anyone got their result that sat the test on April 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Lads, a word of warning to anyone filling out the interview pdf form. Save and keep saving it! Adobe just crashed on me and I lost the lot! We can still send it in tomorrow, right?

Ok - probably stating the obvious - but it wasn't to me in my sleep deprived state - maybe type out what you want to say in a word doc or something then cut and paste into the pdf form (as well as saving all the time). Had fierce trouble with it all last night. The form kept closing down on me. Sometimes it kept the changes I made and sometimes the )(*&^;&$* did not. Lesson most definitely learned. Make your lives easier. Now I need to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Everyone get the form in yesterday? I got my date too.

Anyone know if you need girlfriends family on form b? I know it says partner but is that engaged or what?

df14, I dont think we need to put our girlfriends family on it. I wont be, less effort and think it only asking for legal technicalities .If for some reasons turns out I need to put it on it, will I will just say I am single.

RedmondHR wrote: »
    df14, I dont think we need to put our girlfriends family on it. I wont be, less effort and think it only asking for legal technicalities .If for some reasons turns out I need to put it on it, will I will just say I am single.

I rang hrm yesterday to ask and they said only if living together which I am so I've no way around it

Yea suppose no way around it, also girlfriend probably wouldn't like it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

What do you do if you don't have the details of some of your uncles/aunts? eg; date of birth, address...

• Advertisement

danube wrote: »
    What do you do if you don't have the details of some of your uncles/aunts? eg; date of birth, address...

It just says to show you tried everything to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

df14 wrote: »
    It just says to show you tried everything to get them
    I could easily just ring up one of my uncles but I don't have a relationship with him and it would be really awkward having to talk for the first time in years just to fill out a form! Also I don't want any of my family to find out yet that I have applied for AGS.

Will we need to know the rank and structure of the Gardaí as well? I know it says nothing, but I also know some people were asked about it years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dcrossbo

Did you guys filling out these forms get your interview dates? Or does that come later?

dcrossbo wrote: »
    Did you guys filling out these forms get your interview dates? Or does that come later?

Think 229 people are filling out the form. Some have interview dates, maybe the rest are waiting for mid/late May dates? Pure speculation though.

Best of luck to those doing it today and next few weeks!

Anyone do them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Hi, just a quick question.

Has anyone who did the stage 2 exam later in the group (ie. Stage 1 rank 900+) gotten anything yet for stage 3?

my issue is that we were told in the centre that all the results would all go out at the same time.

when you add the following line from the test familiarisation material;

"Candidates will be called to Stage 3 on the basis of their Stage 2 order of merit placing. "

Doesn't that seem like everyone should have gotten their results at the same time and any people who improved significantly between the stage 1 and supervised tests should get to stage 3 faster than people ranked lower than them, whether or not the lower ranked people did their stage 2 exams a week or two before them.

It looks more like people who did their exams earlier are getting through to stage 3 while people who did their exams later are stuck waiting to be processed, which goes against what they wrote in the familiarisation document and the entire idea of a ranked based competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Anyone know if it's possible to reschedule an interview due to being out of the country?

• Advertisement

Best of asking public jobs, but if you do get it rescheduled most likely being pushed to a later date I would say.

Advertisement