Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

D Hayes wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's possible to reschedule an interview due to being out of the country?
    I don't think so. I just checked my PAS invitation and it says this underneath the date:

The interviews are running to a strict deadline so requests for possible reschedules cannot be considered.

But no harm trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Thank god that's over with, best of luck to ye left

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Fair play! How'd it go you think ?

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Fair play! How'd it go you think ?

Could have gone better, I answered everything but nerves made me waffle out a few answers, could go either way

df14 wrote: »
    Could have gone better, I answered everything but nerves made me waffle out a few answers, could go either way

Yea, well we often build things up worse in our head anyway so more than likely you were grand! Say anything about results ? :p

• Advertisement

Yea, well we often build things up worse in our head anyway so more than likely you were grand! Say anything about results ? :p

Didn't say anything and I forgot to ask after, I've heard people have interviews until mid May so I'd say we should know in 3/4 weeks, were you in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Didn't say anything and I forgot to ask after, I've heard people have interviews until mid May so I'd say we should know in 3/4 weeks, were you in yet?

mines not till the 16th anyway so could be any time! say theyll be released interview by interview though rather than in batches!

Thank god that's over with, best of luck to ye left

Well done! I'm up Friday. Nerves are kicking in now. Did they ask anything outside of the competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Well done! I'm up Friday. Nerves are kicking in now. Did they ask anything outside of the competencies?[/QUOTE

They just ran through some of the stuff on my Interview Form before they started the competencies.

No mines next week, more or less sh*tting it at the moment! They throw any curve balls? Or ask about the structure if the garda ?

• Advertisement

No mines next week, more or less sh*tting it at the moment! They throw any curve balls? Or ask about the structure if the garda ?

No nothing about structure but I'd know it in case, not so much curveballs but they go in depth into your answers

Alright cheers, might add a bit more depth to my examples. Sorry but did they ask for any other examples then the ones you gave?
    Like if they talked to you about resilience did they ask you for a separate example after giving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

They asked a few questions on what I knew about the training to become a Garda.

Cheers, will make sure I know about the basics training ect,. Play it safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Nerves really starting to gear up at the minute...just wondering what anyone whos already been through went with dress code wise, will a full suit be needed or would you be better without the jacket?

Depp wrote: »
    Nerves really starting to gear up at the minute...just wondering what anyone whos already been through went with dress code wise, will a full suit be needed or would you be better without the jacket?

I'm going suited and booted.

Dress for the job you want, find a Garda uniform and go in that. It would really set you apart from all the other chumps!

Depp wrote: »

Full suit is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Can officially move over to this thread now! :)

daisy321 wrote: »
    Can officially move over to this thread now! :)

Well done!

• Advertisement

Well done Daisy! The stress is over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Well done Daisy! The stress is over :P

So so happy! The wait over the last 2 weeks was awful but at least I can relax... for a small while anyways! Now to prepare for interview:D

Guessing they didnt give you any ideas on your interview dates at all yet! Who knows could be another 2 weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Hello,

My name is AudiKid.

I'm now officially one of ye.

I'm famous for my long boring rants, and spacing out my comments.

We're going to have a lot of fun on this thread.

Well done to everyone who passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Been years waiting to get to this stage. Hoping to make it through the next few stages soon. Has anyone else noticed the amount of people posting very specific information on a few of the threads relating to the recruitment drive. E.g OOM or interview dates and times.

Been years waiting to get to this stage. Hoping to make it through the next few stages soon. Has anyone else noticed the amount of people posting very specific information on a few of the threads relating to the recruitment drive. E.g OOM or interview dates and times.

If you think its bad here,look at the facebook page for garda entries. Posting dates, with their pages on from where they live everything. Madness in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

If you think its bad here,look at the facebook page for garda entries. Posting dates, with their pages on from where they live everything. Madness in my opinion!

Iv noticed the amount of information floating around on social media. If I was a PAS worker it wouldnt be hard to trim the numbers down a bit

Iv noticed the amount of information floating around on social media. If I was a PAS worker it wouldnt be hard to trim the numbers down a bit

I say the Gardaí HQ look at all the sites, including this one. Dunno if it would hamper your chances to get in, but a good few people would know about it. I say if you get in they have a long old chat bout social media and what is expected of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Time to get my **** together, it's getting serious!

I've a foreign birth certificate, does anyone know if I need to get it translated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Would somebody please send me the interview forms if possible?

Advertisement