Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

vivikins wrote: »
    That's what I thought too, I'd prefer to make the trek and know whats going on as opposed to feeling lost for the next few weeks- hate that feeling! It's supposed to be good anyway so fingers crossed, I started back at the gym last night cos I'm freaking over the physical if I get through the interview, don't want to leave it any longer :(

Don't panic about the fitness: push ups and sit ups are very easy to get the hang of. Literally do them every day and focus on the form (you might do 40 push ups but if the form is bad, they won't get counted) I always find if I do them too slowly, they're a lot harder to do so keeping them at a fast enough pace helps.
    As for the run, I'd advise against doing them on a treadmill as it's setting the pace for you which prevents you learning how to do this. There's a great app called Zombies Run which got me hugely into running a few years ago. Basically, it's a running app set in a zombie outbreak and you play by running. Definitely worth a look.

I've had to do annual fitness tests for the last few years and the above all helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

AudiKid wrote: »

Can you just confirm what the competancies are exactly.

Is it 5 or 6?

And what are they down as with the publicjobs info.

The majority of us are still waiting to get this from them.

There is 5 of them.

Motivation to be a Garda
    Resilience
    Delivery of Results
    Interpersonal Skills
    Judgment and Decision Making

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Of people who have interview dates what's the latest? Just trying to figure out when we should get results

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

daisy321 wrote: »
    Yeah same here, we'll get loads done I'm sure :)

Oh I know I really need to start practicing for the bleep test as well, I think it's a level of 7.6 or something we need to get?

You can download the Beep Test fairly easily (I use an app called Bleep Fitness) to practice on. I run regularly but found pacing myself for the Beep Test is a different story to regular running, so it's handy getting the practice in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Just finished it there, think it went grand.
    For form B you have to include grandparents who are deceased as well as living, I didnt bother doing that. But its not too bad you can just re send it to them with the adjustments.
    One of the lads I was talking to said that they have family living abroad and you need to put down the address and POSTAL CODE if they have one. USA so remember that. Best of luck to all of yous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Just finished it there, think it went grand.
    For form B you have to include grandparents who are deceased as well as living, I didnt bother doing that. But its not too bad you can just re send it to them with the adjustments.
    One of the lads I was talking to said that they have family living abroad and you need to put down the address and POSTAL CODE if they have one. USA so remember that. Best of luck to all of yous!

Well done! can I ask what numbers are they around for interviews? My brother is following in my footsteps and is waiting to hear about a date for his Interview :)

Yea no problem, think I talked to someone else about this.
    I had my interview today and I was between 200-205. They started the interviews the 21st April. I had mine at 10.00 and I think four other people where on the same time as me today.
    If you do the numbers it on average 18 people per day. 11 days of interviews, processed just over 200 people. Average 18 per day.
    So if you apply that knowledge and go from there might give you an Idea. BUT I DO NOT KNOW, this was all guess work, not the gospel truth,take it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Yea no problem, think I talked to someone else about this.
    I had my interview today and I was between 200-205. They started the interviews the 21st April. I had mine at 10.00 and I think four other people where on the same time as me today.
    If you do the numbers it on average 18 people per day. 11 days of interviews, processed just over 200 people. Average 18 per day.
    So if you apply that knowledge and go from there might give you an Idea. BUT I DO NOT KNOW, this was all guess work, not the gospel truth,take it with a pinch of salt.

I appreciate it's all guess work but thank you anyway :)

Tell him best of luck as well!

Did anyone who had to send in additional form b info after the interview get any confirmation after sending it? Getting a bit worried it was lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

df14 wrote: »
    Did anyone who had to send in additional form b info after the interview get any confirmation after sending it? Getting a bit worried it was lost

Same as, no confirmation whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

ok, not sure if its needed, but as probably some of you didnt keep the paper they gave us at orienteering about Physical Requirements Pre Entry Test here it its.
    You can download 'Loughborough 20 Meter Shuttle Run - Fitness Assessment' for practie.
    Below guidelines about fitness level depending on gender and age :)

Shuttle Test
    Age -- Males-- Females
    18-25 -- 8.8
    26-35 -- 8.1

Sit ups (one minute)
    18-25 -- 35
    26-35 -- 32

Press Up Test (no time restriction)
    18-25 -- 25
    26-35 -- 22

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivikins

I'm worried as I'm early 300s and am on holidays for 10 days in June! Should I email public jobs and let them know or will it make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

I emailed them regarding exams and they said they can not do anything about it until we have our interview date .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LuisMendoza

Long time reader, first time poster.

Like the rest of ye I'm onto the interview stage, I'm well up in the 700's and haven't received any date or any of the forms yet...

I managed to get form b downloaded (job,family ect) but if someone could send me on the form for filling in the competencies I'd be very grateful!

Cheers

Long time reader, first time poster.

Like the rest of ye I'm onto the interview stage, I'm well up in the 700's and haven't received any date or any of the forms yet...

I managed to get form b downloaded (job,family ect) but if someone could send me on the form for filling in the competencies I'd be very grateful!

Cheers

There's just a basic interview form where you fill in stuff about yourself and you will have to apply the competencies to your situations during the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 10 topman1945

I sat my leaving certificate in 12/13, does any one know where i can obtain my original leaving results?

topman1945 wrote: »
    I sat my leaving certificate in 12/13, does any one know where i can obtain my original leaving results?

Go on examinations.ie and you will see a link to get them , costs €15 and takes about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Did anybody get their interview dates or anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Did anybody get their interview dates or anything yet?

No not yet ... I fell in the 800's though .. so I'll be waiting a good few weeks i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

No sign of interview dates yet, but have a feeling we will find out this week! How is everyone getting on with their interview prep so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Hello folks. Just wondering is anyone still waiting on their interview forms/ dates. Im in the high 200's and would have expected to have recieved something by now. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivikins

Hello folks. Just wondering is anyone still waiting on their interview forms/ dates. Im in the high 200's and would have expected to have recieved something by now. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I'm early 300's and have received nothing as of yet- just the email to say I passed and we will be onto you shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭daisy321

Were you in the first batch or second batch when you got your results?

VicMack wrote: »
    No sign of interview dates yet, but have a feeling we will find out this week! How is everyone getting on with their interview prep so far?

The prep is going fine.

I did a course at the weekend which was helpful, and I have a few of my competencies sorted.

I'm going to try out the bleep test later and see how I do.

I just need a date that I can focus on now, and book time off work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

I heard last weekend that people in the early 200's have gotten dates in mid to late May. I'm in the 600s so i'm not expecting to do the interview untill mid June/ early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

im mid to late 200's and im in next monday if thats any help

How many people are being interviewed a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 docst

How many people are being interviewed a day?

Depends on how many panels they run

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gem1994

Can anyone tell me on the website to obtain the leaving cert results theres an option of certificate of results for certain years or statement of results, Which one of these is needed? Any help is greatly appreciated as i ordered the certificate.

Advertisement