Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »
    No way I'll be dipping into the alcohol tonight.

LIES!!! FILTHY SEXY LIES!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Expect the most attended prelims ever,If people dont show up to them then theres no hope for humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Don't be alarmed, the fight is happening......BUT.....theres rumours of a Hunt injury floating about. Apparently its not bad enough for the fight to be at risk but ....I dunno....just but.....less than 45mins to goooooooooooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Dreading the Silva fight. He's pretty much what got me into MMA and it would be sad to see something terrible happen him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bur wrote: »
    Dreading the Silva fight. He's pretty much what got me into MMA and it would be sad to see something terrible happen him again.

Unfortunately the next Embedded will probably be Anderson....in the canvas

• Advertisement

Cormier is not really a one punch ko artist,he will probably have him against the cage and try get a ground and pound finish,Cormier finish is 6/4 if anyone thinks its nailed on.

Just about time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

So I think we are all moving over to Pauly's event thread now. Enjoy folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

bur wrote: »

I was kinda thinking that when he accepted the fight... but you know, standing beside DC last night he didn't look that small... If he can do his thing, avoid strikes and counter punch, get under DC's skin, he could cause an upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Bruce rockin' the white tux

EDIT: Yellow mat is weird

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,727 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Easy win for Jim Miller

Time for Gomi to retire, it's been coming for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

And that's that. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

theteal wrote: »

EDIT: Yellow mat is weird

certainly stands out

rvafk1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Pathetic from Gomi. I'm not just saying that cos I had over 1 round backed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

i dont like the ring at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

trying to figure out whether blood looks better on white or yellow.

Gegard, you stud.

Good quick stoppage from goddard,Mousasi mauled him different level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

If Goldberg was a soccer commentator he would be Michael Owen.

Gegard should have got the DC Fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Are we all on the event thread now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Don't get that attitude, Rousey's mistake was trying to stand with Holms instead of taking her down. Holms is a world class striker, madness on Rousey's part.
    Joking??

Ronda didn't try and stand with Holly. She was hunting the clinch and throw the whole time, she just couldn't get it

have to say this wasn't nearly as good as it could have been.
    On the main card alone, cain was dynamite and didn't break a sweat really so I enjoyed his first fight back.

As I said before, all edgar has are take down attempts for aldo which go nowhere, his previous attempts should have shown this, the fight was just OK and as always Aldo though he looked good, didn't seem to pull the pin, even in the last 10 seconds, hence the booeing!! can see mcgregor beating him if he fights that way again.

First exhibition bout of the night was shocking bad to be fair, cos thats what it was. With no title on the line, it was just exactly that, a gesture to cormier from the UFC, so as to pay him his money. Still tons of hate and boo's for cormier, boring as it was, why do they hate this guy so much, it's baffling!!
    and consider brock (lay and pray) did the same to hunt, almost identical, yet he gets cheered!!

Second exhibition of the night, dont think we'll see brock lesnar back in the octagon unless he's contractually obligated "one day at a time" says it all!! though he eeked out the win, he was knackered. I haven't watched the post fight press but I'd say that was a one time favour to white, in order to bump up the card! I actually predicted he'd win though by wrestling hunt down.

main event, shocked really, Nunes was amazing. her punches looked superb, crisp, sharp and powerfull. she'll be a handful for anyone who gets a shot now.

overall disapointing and mainly due to that f*cker jones!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rusty cole wrote: »
    I haven't watched the post fight press but I'd say that was a one time favour to white, in order to bump up the card!
    A favour?
    He got $2.5million, that was no favour.

If he's offered the same next July, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mellor wrote: »
    A favour?

If he's offered the same next July, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the again.

Looking like $7.5 Million when the approx PPV sales cut is taken into it.

The UFC and Lesnar work well together and make a lot of money for each other.

Mellor wrote: »
    A favour?

when I say favour I mean, ages ago when he was sick, White released him from the UFC contract and took Zero money from vince mcmahon for doing so. The terms were such that should he be needed again when healthy, Dana will come calling (watch his interview). Yes he got paid but with his name on UFC200, it amped up the sales all the more.

The reason I think that's it for him is simply, they were advertising for summer slam via WWE on the UFC event advertising slot. Now tell me what happens if brock signs for say UFC205 and get injured say in summer, slam and fooks himself up?? think of the revenue lost on either side.

I seriously think he wont be in another UFC bout again? and against whom? cain??? Werdum?? overeem??? he'd be destroyed? to what end? getting a belt?? just wont happen I'm afraid!

he's not up against the randy's and crazy horse type fighters anymore. Had hunt been a slimmer fitter fighter, he'd have been clobbered size and all taken into account.
    sure look how easily cain finished him, in tremendous fashion.

he has zero stand up and couldn't kick snow of a rope, he's a pure wrestler with size for weeks!! but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Dc harping on about how not many people would agree to a new opponent on 2 days notice. Give it a rest, 30 pounds heavier and an 8 week camp. What you did wasnt impressive.

empacher wrote: »
    Dc harping on about how not many people would agree to a new opponent on 2 days notice. Give it a rest, 30 pounds heavier and an 8 week camp. What you did wasnt impressive.

Worth remembering Silva was coming off surgery 7 weeks ago too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DC was just trying to explain why he employed the tactics he did. He was facing the most dangerous striker in mma and the crowd booed him for wrestling. He did exactly what he needed to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement