Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

There have been many pivotal moments in women's MMA:

Carano vs Cyborg
    Coennen vs Ruyssen
    Rousey vs Carmouche
    Bantamweights on Tuf 18.
    Straweights on Tuf 23.

IMO in a few year's time this main event could be that "Griffin vs Bonnar" moment that the remaining cynics take notice and realize that women's MMA is legit. Such a major milestone and very smart from the UFC.

Also for what it's worth I think Nunes will surprise a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

lougal88 wrote: »
    There have been many pivotal moments in women's MMA:

Carano vs Cyborg
    Coennen vs Ruyssen
    Rousey vs Carmouche
    Bantamweights on Tuf 18.
    Straweights on Tuf 23.

IMO in a few year's time this main event could be that "Griffin vs Bonnar" moment that the remaining cynics take notice and realize that women's MMA is legit. Such a major milestone and very smart from the UFC.

Also for what it's worth I think Nunes will surprise a lot of people.

In fairness, I thought that moment already came when Holly Holm kicked Rousey's head out of Australia.

Happy for Tate though all the same, just don't think her fight should main event over Aldo vs Edgar (An interim title fight can take top billing over a proper title fight, it happened at 197) but I think Lesnar vs Hunt as main event was the right call at first, I do understand why they changed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The main thing I noticed from the weigh-in...the towel slip on Tate...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ERG89 wrote: »

Why are all the weigh ins done behind 'closed doors'? Is it to do with the new early weigh in thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm a big fan of Cat, hope she can pull off a big win. Can't believe how far down the card TJ is, looked awful at the weigh in

• Advertisement

Jonny Jones B sample just came back positive. Dana won't talk to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone know what the banned substance is yet?

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone know what the banned substance is yet?

Dana said it was 2 seperate banned substances, USADA won't say unless Jones makes the info public first and Jones team REACHING with 'he might have ingested something bad'. They're going with the ol kangaroo meat excuse? Really??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

2E9785E300000578-3325137-Jon_Jones_shows_off_the_effects_of_his_seven_month_powerlifting_-a-4_1447929903202.jpg

He does not pass the eye test there anyways thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Gamebred wrote: »
    2E9785E300000578-3325137-Jon_Jones_shows_off_the_effects_of_his_seven_month_powerlifting_-a-4_1447929903202.jpg

He does not pass the eye test there anyways thats for sure.

that proves literally nothing

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jonny Jones B sample just came back positive. Dana won't talk to him.

Well that confirms it then. GSP is GOAT.

Its tempting to lay waste to him on this, but I'm interested to know what he has tested positive for.

I can imagine though, 2 year ban regardless, and UFC will have to consider his position in the organization.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its tempting to lay waste to him on this, but I'm interested to know what he has tested positive for.

I can imagine though, 2 year ban regardless, and UFC will have to consider his position in the organization.

aye thats the big question aaite, cant say anything really till we know what the full story is

Depp wrote: »
    that proves literally nothing

You dont think its suspicious what so ever? really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

It was a tainted supplement apparently. How can a fighter not check everything they're taking with USADA first is mind blowing. Lost alot of people alot of money because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The main thing I noticed from the weigh-in...the towel slip on Tate...

Care to upload a video,

Please

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Care to upload a video,

Please

Its on the previous page of the weigh-ins.

Broadcasted weigh-ins starting in a few lads:

pictures are too far apart to tell anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You'd have to feel for Cormier. He's distraught when he finds out the news.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Broadcasted weigh-ins starting in a few lads:

youd think they could change the thumbnail :D

Pretty sure those photos are from a few years ago.

Doesn't really prove anything either, like others have mentioned. One picture he is clearly out of shape, not bothered and looks soft. The second is clearly him training hard, diet in check and right after a workout. Whats so suspicious about that? He is a professional athlete.

The other thing about these PEDs, is that they mainly affect performance, not body composition. For instance the cyclist on the Tour de France, not exactly in monster shape but some are juiced up to the ears. Same applies to fighters and boxers. They take them for stamina, not for pecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jesus Miesha as the main even. Ffs meh. As much as I like her she is not main event in the biggest card in history material. Not even close. Meh again

Pretty sure those photos are from a few years ago.

Doesn't really prove anything either, like others have mentioned. One picture he is clearly out of shape, not bothered and looks soft. The second is clearly him training hard, diet in check and right after a workout. Whats so suspicious about that? He is a professional athlete.

The other thing about these PEDs, is that they mainly affect performance, not body composition. For instance the cyclist on the Tour de France, not exactly in monster shape but some are juiced up to the ears. Same applies to fighters and boxers. They take them for stamina, not for pecs.

Its an eye test I didnt say it 100% confirms hes roided up,the picture isnt old it recent too,his body has changed enormously of late and now hes popped for some sort of banned steroid,

The cyclists blood dope mostly and take epo,hence the banning of iv's to prevent fighters at it,again I suspect all of them even if he was juicing his opponents were probably at it too when it was a free for all so I wouldnt take his wins all away from him but it taints his legacy to me.

90% sure the one with the belly popped up in the run in to the fight with gus, the other one was recent in the run up to the osp fight

I've seen better transformations from vegans.

Proves nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The first pic is from 2013...the other one is him after 7 months doing power lifting and is from last last year.

The one on the left is 2013, the one on the right is 2015.

Given the time between both, I fail to see how that is suspicious.

• Advertisement

The whole 'fake weigh in' thing going on now is sorta embarassing... like why are they stripping down? WWF sort of stuff here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement