Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Rumours Ronda will be there to set up a fight between her and Meisha. I have to say I would prefer see Ronda rematch Holly before going for a shot at Meisha, we have seen Meisha v Ronda before and know how that will most likely end, unless Ronda isn't the same Ronda anymore.

I think it's more meisha is not the same miesha anymore she's vastly improved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah based on the promos she seemed to just survive on armbars but is much more rounded now. Still don't think she is anything special, and expect to see her lose.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I think it's more meisha is not the same miesha anymore she's vastly improved

what evidence is there that she has vastly improved? She was beating most people besides Ronda before also, its just Ronda style wise is terrible for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If Aldo wins tonight he should jump the cage and confront McGregor for the craic.

Fancy Edgar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Haha I think he just might, he genuinely seems to hate McGregor an unhealthy amount. Can't wait for that fight(Edgar v Aldo)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

what evidence is there that she has vastly improved? She was beating most people besides Ronda before also, its just Ronda style wise is terrible for her.

She got beat by Cat Zingano before getting beat by Ronda for the 2nd time

It's very hard for anyone to come back after losing to the champ twice in a row, if DC Jones happened this weekend DC would have a hard route back to the top

4 wins in a row against women near the top of BW divison. She was heavily linked with a title shot before Holm got her shot too

If nothing else how could she not have serious mental strength having come back from next to nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I just cant see him being the same old Aldo,he was in a war with Mendes like never before got sat on his arse once or twice,then slept he cant be all there mentally or physically dangerous to write the previous p4p ranked champ off but im getting of the fence firmly with Edgar tonight.

Miesha reminds me of a Diaz,all rounded in most areas but not expert in any in particular except wrestling probably,shes a tough cookie who gets by on her toughness really.

She got beat by Cat Zingano before getting beat by Ronda for the 2nd time

It's very hard for anyone to come back after losing to the champ twice in a row, if DC Jones happened this weekend DC would have a hard route back to the top

4 wins in a row against women near the top of BW divison. She was heavily linked with a title shot before Holm got her shot too

If nothing else how could she not have serious mental strength having come back from next to nothing

Don't get me wrong Meisha is a fuarking Warrior and always has been a warrior, probably one of the mentally strongest fighters there is around. She was always one of the best but stylistically Ronda was just a bad match up for her and I don't think that has changed.

On another note I want to see Holly KO Ronda again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If Ronda does come back to fight Miesha, she'll win and retire. She won't want anything to do with Holly again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If she had any interest in coming back, she'd be in a front row seat tonight ready to call out the winner for a fight in new york. Both tate and nunes would be her easiest way back to a title even though Tate will be no pushover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Fromvert wrote: »
    If Ronda does come back to fight Miesha, she'll win and retire. She won't want anything to do with Holly again.

Don't get that attitude, Rousey's mistake was trying to stand with Holms instead of taking her down. Holms is a world class striker, madness on Rousey's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

:mad: Still 3 & 1/2 hrs to go before pre lims. Bored. Trying to work out times to caffeine load before getting wired into a carryout and trying to stay awake all night....cant do like last night and take a wee snooze 1/2 way through the fights, was lucky I woke up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Devastator wrote:
    Still 3 & 1/2 hrs to go before pre lims. Bored. Trying to work out times to caffeine load before getting wired into a carryout and trying to stay awake all night....cant do like last night and take a wee snooze 1/2 way through the fights, was lucky I woke up

Ya I was actually working this morning at 9 and I'm trying to sleep right now but it's obviously not working as I'm on boards on my phone lol. I have a terrible record of missing main events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I've nothing in the fridge but the light and a few cans. Badly need snacks if I'm going to survive the night. Looking forward to this, usually only stay up for when Conor fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sanchez lauzon as an early prelim :pac:

34 fights and still hasn't been put away bar one doctor stoppage in the 5th...diego must be the toughest lad in the ufc
    like both and dunno who to shout for here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Right time to crack open the alcohol, can't wait any longer.

This is the day we've all been waiting for.

Can't wait for it to get started!! :D

I'll put my foot through the tv if BT cut to ads while Andersons walk out comes on and Brocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

mdwexford wrote: »
    Right time to crack open the alcohol, can't wait any longer.

Can't wait for it to get started!! :D

Already? I'd be thinking UFC went tag team on us by the time the main card starts.

I'd be happy with any them prelims headlining a fox card this cannot fail to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

nocoverart wrote: »
    Already? I'd be thinking UFC went tag team on us by the time the main card starts.

Usually start about 6, want to keep things together a bit more tonight though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I dozed off around 2:30am watching the TUF Finale card last night and slept until around 11:30am this morning, so I should be good to go. No way I'll be dipping into the alcohol tonight. I don't even like coffee but I'll probably be injecting it by the time the main card starts. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

froog wrote: »
    Ya I was actually working this morning at 9 and I'm trying to sleep right now but it's obviously not working as I'm on boards on my phone lol. I have a terrible record of missing main events.

lol since you have a phone in your hand set multiple alarms to go off every 15mins or something and leave your phone at other side of the room! Tonight ain't the night to miss! I'm just ragin that I'll have to depend on streams tonight :mad:
    mailburner wrote: »
    sanchez lauzon as an early prelim :pac:

34 fights and still hasn't been put away bar one doctor stoppage in the 5th...diego must be the toughest lad in the ufc
    like both and dunno who to shout for here

Sanchez against Jim Millar was an early prelim at 196. I found that a bit weird. Like tonight, I was same that night, liking them both and not sure who to side with, went with Millar as threw him in my bet as a dog :pac:

I could love a fighter with every fibre of my body but as soon as I bet against them they're dead to me :D
    mdwexford wrote: »

why can't it hurry up though? :mad::mad: FS Waiting for Christmas didn't even feel this long when I was a kid lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Anyone know of any pubs round galway that'll have the fights on tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

I'll be contacting my local narcotics supplier tonight I'd say. The excitement got to me and I drank 6 bottles of cider by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

does youtube give you prelims aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone think Brock Hunt will past 3 minutes?

I hope Anderson pulls the trigger and wins tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone think Brock Hunt will past 3 minutes?

unlikely imo

then again I couldn't see nelson lewis going much longer :pac:

Embedded 7 now up, just to keep everyone ticking over! I think they've done a great job on these all week.
    Nearly there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Embedded 7 now up, just to keep everyone ticking over! I think they've done a great job on these all week.
    Nearly there :D

OT but phone cams up front at the wedding is a bit much.

I did laugh at just how relaxed Anderson is. . .I don't even know what way I care that fight goes, it'll just be fun to see (hopefully)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement